|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a rough period for the McDonald's corporation, Ray Kroc pays his secretary in what?
(d) Gift certificates.
2. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Truncated write-off.
(b) Farewell write-off.
(c) Trust easement.
(d) Conservation easement.
3. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
(b) Marble golden arches.
(c) A french fry tunnel.
4. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(a) Hewlett Packard.
(b) Micron Technology.
5. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
(a) The Small Business Administration.
(b) The U.S. Treasury.
(c) The National Loan Association.
(d) The International Frahchise Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
2. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
3. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
4. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
5. Who does sales pitches at FutureCall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the requirements made in franchise contracts offered by fast food chains?
2. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
3. What is meant by the term "bulk commodity"?
4. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
5. How are poultry contracts constructed?
6. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
7. What is a development agent?
8. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
9. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
10. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)