|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(d) Burger angels.
2. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The white wave".
(b) "The rage migration".
(c) "The new white flight".
(d) "The unskilled labor movement".
3. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
(a) John Atwater.
(b) Frederick DeLuca.
(c) Ray Kroc.
(d) Carl Karcher.
4. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
5. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
(a) Ascorbic acid.
(c) Guar gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
2. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
3. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
4. What style of clothing does someone not see at Harrison High School now?
5. Who stages the "Success" seminar that Feamster and his employees attend at McNichos arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
2. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
3. Despite differences between the two men, how is Walt Disney a role model for Ray Kroc?
4. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
5. Why does Disney create "Tomorrowland"?
6. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
7. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
8. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
9. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
10. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)