|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(b) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(c) Foreign land owners.
(d) Small ranchers.
2. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
(a) Eli Whitney.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Antonin Dvorak.
3. How much do people who speak at the "Success" events make?
(a) Nothing, they do it for free.
(c) $30,000 to $60,000.
4. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1940's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1960's.
5. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(b) The Snake River flood.
(c) Private irrigation contracts.
(d) Rainfall pattern changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
2. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
3. What do Ray Kroc and Walt Disney join to see battle in Europe in 1917?
4. Who does sales pitches at FutureCall?
5. How much does it cost per acre to grow potatoes in Bingham County?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite differences between the two men, how is Walt Disney a role model for Ray Kroc?
2. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
3. Besides his success in the food business, what else has contributed to J.R. Simplot's wealth?
4. What is meant by the term "bulk commodity"?
5. Why does Disney create "Tomorrowland"?
6. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
7. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
8. Why is the automobile industry not content with just reaping the rewards of government-subsidized road construction?
9. What is a development agent?
10. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)