|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
(a) A wind machine.
(b) A prune dryer.
(c) A sun dryer.
(d) A peach pitter.
2. Which company's catch phrase is "supermarket to the world"?
(a) Archer Daniels Midland.
(b) Tyson Foods.
(d) J.R. Simplot.
3. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
(a) The Daily Reader.
(b) The RockyMountain Tribune.
(c) The Register.
(d) The Gazette-Telegraph.
4. In 1973, what causes the fast food industry to temporarily lose stock value?
(a) The death of Ray Kroc.
(b) The advent of health food markets.
(c) The Arab oil embargo.
(d) Mad cow disease.
5. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 30 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 80 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
2. What do prospective managers train for at Hamburger University?
3. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
4. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
5. In 1996, which agency investigates the concentration of large meat-packing companies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colorado Springs gain a series of new military bases after World War II?
2. What largely determines an Idaho potato farmer's annual income?
3. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
4. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
5. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
6. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
7. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
8. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
9. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
10. Despite differences between the two men, how is Walt Disney a role model for Ray Kroc?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)