|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
(b) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(d) Industiral Arts Council.
2. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
(a) The National Loan Association.
(b) The U.S. Treasury.
(c) The Small Business Administration.
(d) The International Frahchise Association.
3. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) Rainfall pattern changes.
(b) Private irrigation contracts.
(c) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(d) The Snake River flood.
4. How many pounds of potatoes does the J.R. Simplot plant in Aberdeen, Idaho produce?
(a) Forty thousand.
(b) One billion.
(c) One million.
(d) Four hundred thousand.
5. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
(b) The Congo.
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ray Kroc and Walt Disney join to see battle in Europe in 1917?
2. Who does sales pitches at FutureCall?
3. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
4. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
5. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
2. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
3. What do the McDonald brothers do in 1948 to change the food retail business and why?
4. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
5. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
6. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
7. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
8. Besides his success in the food business, what else has contributed to J.R. Simplot's wealth?
9. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
10. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)