|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(b) Small ranchers.
(c) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(d) Foreign land owners.
2. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Garbage Pail Kids.
(c) The Teenie Beanie Baby.
(d) Cabbage Patch Kids.
3. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
4. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
(c) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
5. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
(a) Marble golden arches.
(c) A french fry tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
2. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
3. In 1973, what causes the fast food industry to temporarily lose stock value?
4. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
5. The speed and volume of a factory's flow is called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
2. How do the problems McDonald's is having with expansion resemble those of the British Empire a century ago?
3. Why is the high turnover rate in the meatpacking industry not a concern for large companies?
4. How does World War I destroy the culture of Plauen, Germany?
5. How are most jobs performed in the beef industry and how is it different than the poultry industry?
6. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
7. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
8. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
9. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
10. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)