|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
(a) The Speedee Service Sytem.
(b) The Efficiency System.
(c) The Super Service System.
(d) The Independent Service System.
2. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
(a) Sessame oil.
(b) Peanut oil.
3. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
(a) Hewlett Packard.
(c) Micron Technology.
4. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
(a) Of Two Cities.
(b) Strictly cautionary.
(c) Horatio Alger.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
5. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Quantum agreement.
(b) Goal objective attainment.
(c) Selective reasoning.
(d) Transaction analysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut?
2. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
3. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
4. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
5. In 1996, which agency investigates the concentration of large meat-packing companies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
2. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
3. What are some of the requirements made in franchise contracts offered by fast food chains?
4. Why does Colorado Springs gain a series of new military bases after World War II?
5. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
6. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
7. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
8. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
9. In James Dobson's (Focus on the Family founder) opinion, how should children be raised?
10. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)