|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(b) El Paso.
2. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1940's.
(c) The 1950's.
(d) The 1960's.
3. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(b) Industiral Arts Council.
(c) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
4. What is the nickname of Colorado Springs?
(a) Little London.
(c) Little Taos.
(d) Snow Capital.
5. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) Rainfall pattern changes.
(b) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(c) Private irrigation contracts.
(d) The Snake River flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
2. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
3. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
4. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
5. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scariest job performed by the late-night cleaning crew and why?
2. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
3. What is meant by the term "bulk commodity"?
4. What percentage of the American population suffers a bout of food poisoning each year?
5. How does a friend of Jesus, a late-night cleaning crew member, react when he enters the rendering room and why?
6. Why does Colorado Springs gain a series of new military bases after World War II?
7. How does World War I destroy the culture of Plauen, Germany?
8. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
9. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
10. Why does the author say that the "market" is a tool?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)