|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
(a) A Mcdonald's.
(b) A pre-school.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A stock car race track.
2. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
3. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
(a) Star granules.
(b) Sneeze powder.
(c) Gold dust.
(d) Fairy dust.
4. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
(a) Carson City, Nevada.
(b) Prescott, Arizona.
(c) Michoacan, Mexico.
(d) Vancouver, Canada.
5. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
(b) Pike's Peak.
(d) Cheyenne Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
2. What do prospective managers train for at Hamburger University?
3. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
4. At the "Success" seminar, what is the prize for winning the dance contest?
5. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
2. What is meant by the term "bulk commodity"?
3. How do ranchers become victim to their own fallacy of composition in the 1970's?
4. How are poultry contracts constructed?
5. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
6. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
7. In James Dobson's (Focus on the Family founder) opinion, how should children be raised?
8. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
9. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
10. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)