|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
(c) Sessame oil.
(d) Peanut oil.
2. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
(b) Burger angels.
3. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
4. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) Private irrigation contracts.
(b) The Snake River flood.
(c) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(d) Rainfall pattern changes.
5. What distinctive aspect of McDonald's is as strictly protected by copyright law as the designs on a box of soap?
(a) The design of the menus.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The presence of playgrounds.
(d) The interior color schemes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speed and volume of a factory's flow is called what?
2. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
3. After working at Burger King for about a year, what does sociologist Ester Reiter conclude was the trait most valued in fast food workers?
4. What potatoes are considered the perfect frying potato?
5. The leading sectors of the nation's economy are controlled by corporate alliances known as _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
2. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
3. What largely determines an Idaho potato farmer's annual income?
4. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
5. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
6. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
7. What is a development agent?
8. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
9. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
10. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)