|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company does Carl Karcher team up with to save Carl's Jr.?
(a) Green Burrito.
2. Which president enacts the Interstate Highway Act, modeled after Adolph Hitler's autobahn system?
3. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The automobile.
(b) The railway system.
(c) The assembly line.
4. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(b) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(c) Internet Child Safety Act.
(d) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
5. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
(a) A soda fountain.
(b) A taco stand.
(c) A lemonade stand.
(d) A hot dog cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the rancher Hank die?
2. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
3. Disney's broadcast of "Our Friend the Atom" is sponsored by which manufacturing company?
4. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
5. What is built near Hank's land that can be seen from the top of one of his hills?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
2. What is a development agent?
3. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
4. What do the McDonald brothers do in 1948 to change the food retail business and why?
5. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
6. Why does Disney create "Tomorrowland"?
7. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
8. How do ranchers become victim to their own fallacy of composition in the 1970's?
9. Why does General Motors get into the franchise business in 1898?
10. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)