|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
(a) "The unskilled labor movement".
(b) "The rage migration".
(c) "The white wave".
(d) "The new white flight".
2. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
(a) Cabbage Patch Kids.
(b) Snow White.
(c) The Teenie Beanie Baby.
(d) Garbage Pail Kids.
3. What is the primary medium of children's advertising?
(b) Comic books.
4. According to historian Harvey Levenstein, when was the "Golden Age of Food Processing"?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The 1940's.
(d) The 1960's.
5. How did Hank die?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Trampled by one of his herds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
2. Republican Congressman Howard Coble, who introduces legislation to regulate franchising, is from which state?
3. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
4. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
5. What is the nickname of Colorado Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What largely determines an Idaho potato farmer's annual income?
2. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
3. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
4. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
5. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
6. In James Dobson's (Focus on the Family founder) opinion, how should children be raised?
7. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
8. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
9. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
10. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)