|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(d) Lamb Weston.
2. What type of monopoly is where there is a market of a small number of buyers exert power over a large number of sellers?
3. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
(a) The automobile.
(c) The railway system.
(d) The assembly line.
4. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
(a) McNabb Hens.
(b) Williams Chicken Coporation.
(c) Archer Daniels Midland.
(d) Tyson Foods.
5. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
(a) The International Frahchise Association.
(b) The Small Business Administration.
(c) The U.S. Treasury.
(d) The National Loan Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technology firm does Simplot invest in in 1980?
2. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
3. The leading sectors of the nation's economy are controlled by corporate alliances known as _______.
4. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
5. What does Simplot call the dehydrated onion powder he sells to the U.S. Army in World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the requirements made in franchise contracts offered by fast food chains?
2. Why does Dave Feamster get into business owning a Little Caesar's?
3. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
4. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
5. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
6. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
7. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
8. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
9. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
10. How is the poultry industry transformed in the 1980's?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)