|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do people who speak at the "Success" events make?
(a) $30,000 to $60,000.
(d) Nothing, they do it for free.
2. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
(b) Guar gum.
(d) Ascorbic acid.
3. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
(a) Sessame oil.
(d) Peanut oil.
4. Which company's catch phrase is "supermarket to the world"?
(b) J.R. Simplot.
(c) Archer Daniels Midland.
(d) Tyson Foods.
5. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
(a) Amicus brief.
(b) Scandalum magnum.
(d) Habeas corpus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
2. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
3. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
4. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
5. Who does sales pitches at FutureCall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the automobile industry not content with just reaping the rewards of government-subsidized road construction?
2. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
3. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
4. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
5. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
6. How are poultry contracts constructed?
7. Despite differences between the two men, how is Walt Disney a role model for Ray Kroc?
8. How is the poultry industry transformed in the 1980's?
9. What do the McDonald brothers do in 1948 to change the food retail business and why?
10. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)