|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Republican Congressman Andy Ireland calls franchisees who want legal reform of regulations ______ in congress.
(c) Whiny butts.
(d) Knuckle draggers.
2. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
(a) District 9.
(b) Disctrict 11.
(c) Blue Rocks District.
(d) Red Valley District.
3. What does Ray Kroc's philosophy of QSC and V stand for?
(a) Quick, Smiley, Cheery, and Virtuous.
(b) Quantity, Sales, Competition, and Victory.
(c) Quality, Service, Cleanliness, and Value.
(d) Quiz, Sell, Compute, and Verify.
4. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Quantum agreement.
(b) Selective reasoning.
(c) Goal objective attainment.
(d) Transaction analysis.
5. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
(b) The Kickapoo Indian Reservation.
(c) South Boise.
(d) The Fort Hill Indian Reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Dave Feamster owe Little Caesar's before he sells his first pizza?
2. McDonald's has to get rid of its mascot, Speedee, because which company has a mascot with the similar name, Speedy?
3. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
4. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
5. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does East German parliament member, Ernst Doerfler, call for a ban on McDonald's in East Germany?
2. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
3. Despite differences between the two men, how is Walt Disney a role model for Ray Kroc?
4. According to the author, what is one of President George W. Bush's first acts in office?
5. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
6. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
7. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
8. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
9. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
10. What is the difference between good E.coli and bad E. coli?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)