|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(b) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(c) Internet Child Safety Act.
(d) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
2. Who benefits most from the big tax deductions from donating to the Colorado land trusts?
(a) Wealthy gentlemen ranchers.
(b) Small ranchers.
(d) Foreign land owners.
3. The receipt of a tax break by ranchers for donating future development rights to a Colorado land trust is called a ________.
(a) Trust easement.
(b) Truncated write-off.
(c) Farewell write-off.
(d) Conservation easement.
4. In 1997, what does Rod Taylor of Brandweek say was one of the most successful promotions in the history of American advertising?
(a) Cabbage Patch Kids.
(b) Snow White.
(c) The Teenie Beanie Baby.
(d) Garbage Pail Kids.
5. In 1996, which agency investigates the concentration of large meat-packing companies?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colorado Cattlemen's Association files a/an ___________ in Mike Callicrate's lawsuit against IBP, demanding a competitive marketplace.
2. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
3. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
4. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
5. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
2. According to one account, why does the deal to put McDonald's in Disneyland initially fall through?
3. How is the poultry industry transformed in the 1980's?
4. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
5. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
6. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
7. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
8. What largely determines an Idaho potato farmer's annual income?
9. How do the patterns of land ownership in the American West seem to closely resemble those of rural England?
10. Besides his success in the food business, what else has contributed to J.R. Simplot's wealth?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)