|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disney's broadcast of "Our Friend the Atom" is sponsored by which manufacturing company?
(a) General Dynamics.
(b) General Electric.
2. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River flood.
(b) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(c) Private irrigation contracts.
(d) Rainfall pattern changes.
3. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
(a) Margaret Heinz.
(b) Marcia Stevens.
(c) Jane Mansfield.
(d) Mary Heidenreich.
4. What is the nickname of Colorado Springs?
(a) Snow Capital.
(b) Little London.
(d) Little Taos.
5. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
(a) Main Street.
(b) The Strip.
(c) Cheyenne Lane.
(d) Tejon Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
2. For more than three decades, the fast food industry uses what federal agency to finance new restaurants?
3. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
4. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
5. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
2. What are some of the requirements made in franchise contracts offered by fast food chains?
3. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
4. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
5. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
6. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
7. How do ranchers become victim to their own fallacy of composition in the 1970's?
8. What is a development agent?
9. What causes the fast food chain expansion in Colorado Springs to thrive so well?
10. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)