|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What potatoes are considered the perfect frying potato?
(a) Yukon Gold.
(b) Baby Red.
(c) White Rose.
(d) Russet Burbank.
2. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
(a) Swamp land.
(b) Desert wasteland.
(c) Orange Groves.
(d) Bird sanctuary land.
3. How much money does Dave Feamster owe Little Caesar's before he sells his first pizza?
(b) $1 million.
4. According to the founder of the "Success" seminar, which faith is considered to be hopelessly out of date?
5. In 1996, which agency investigates the concentration of large meat-packing companies?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1960's and 1970's, the moment union activity was suspected at a McDonald's restaurant, a group of experienced managers and corporate executives called a ______ is sent in.
2. Where is the motorcycle club that springs up in Southern California after World War II?
3. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
4. Which school district in Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend to place fast food ads in its hallways?
5. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
2. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
3. What is a development agent?
4. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
5. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
6. According to one account, why does the deal to put McDonald's in Disneyland initially fall through?
7. Why does Carl's Jr. stock fall during the 1980's?
8. Why does Carl Karcher think Anaheim is "heaven" when he moves there from Ohio?
9. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
10. How does the software program Quintillion work?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)