|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of fast food visits is "impulsive"?
2. What is responsible for converting the Idaho desert into lush farmland?
(a) The Snake River flood.
(b) Rainfall pattern changes.
(c) The Snake River Reclamation Project.
(d) Private irrigation contracts.
3. Before entering the Ray A. Kroc Musem, visitors pass through what?
(b) Marble golden arches.
(c) A french fry tunnel.
4. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 30 percent.
5. To which organization is Wernher von Braun a member during World War II?
(a) The French Resistance.
(b) The German Marxists.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The NAZI party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
2. Which fast food company is one of the first to start selling franchises?
3. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
4. Who comes up with the idea for the Chicken McNugget in 1979?
5. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What largely determines an Idaho potato farmer's annual income?
2. What are some of Carl Karcher's ideas that should have remained on the drawing board?
3. Why do meatpacking workers routinely develop cumulative trauma disorders?
4. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
5. Why is Red Top Restaurant a good place to work?
6. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
7. Why does Sandra Gallegos disagree with Lee Harding's assumption that he got E. coli poisoning from a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant?
8. How does the vegetarian community react when it is brought to light that there is a beef additive in the McDonald's french fries?
9. Why is the impact of fast food readily apparent in Germany?
10. Why does General Motors get into the franchise business in 1898?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)