|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
2. In 1941, hundreds of Disney animators go on strike, expressing support for what organization?
(a) Animators and Puppeteers Association.
(c) Industiral Arts Council.
(d) Screen Cartoonists Guild.
3. Whose previous appearance at the "Success" seminar spurs other celebrities to speak at them?
(a) Ronald Reagan's.
(b) Tom Cruise's.
(c) Jimmy Carter's.
(d) Donald Trump's.
4. For years, McDonald's provides training for its managers in a set of psychological techniques called ________.
(a) Goal objective attainment.
(b) Selective reasoning.
(c) Quantum agreement.
(d) Transaction analysis.
5. Where is the potato museum in Idaho?
Short Answer Questions
1. Subway is founded in 1965 by whom?
2. In the Ray A. Kroc museum, what appears when certain buttons are pushed?
3. What do prospective managers train for at Hamburger University?
4. When Carl's Jr. moves to Colorado Springs, it co-brands its outlets with which company?
5. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
2. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
3. Why does General Motors get into the franchise business in 1898?
4. Why does Colorado Springs gain a series of new military bases after World War II?
5. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
6. What causes the wide gulf between Colorado Springs and Pueblo?
7. Why is the automobile industry not content with just reaping the rewards of government-subsidized road construction?
8. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
9. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
10. How does the software program Quintillion work?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)