|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fast food company is one of the first to start selling franchises?
(b) Pizza Hut.
(c) Little Caesar's.
(d) Dunkin' Donuts.
2. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
(a) As "terminal migrations of taste".
(b) As "wholesome expressions in dining".
(c) As "circular meccas of neon".
(d) As "gaudy relfections of the American psyche".
3. Which Canadian firm becomes the number-two fry company after buying Ore-Ida in 1997?
(b) Lamb Weston.
4. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
(c) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
5. Which law is passed that makes it illegal for fast food websites to ask for personal information from children?
(a) Online Children's Advocacy Act.
(b) Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
(c) Information and Access Privacy Act.
(d) Internet Child Safety Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ray Kroc doing when he first visited McDonald's in 1954?
2. Where does the Air Defense Command move in 1951?
3. Ray Kroc is a jazz musician what time period?
4. At the writing of this book, which company manufactures the latest new, bright red potato harvesting equipment?
5. Where is the food that is "assembled" at Taco Bell restaurants actually made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
2. What is meant by the term "bulk commodity"?
3. How does the software program Quintillion work?
4. How is the poultry industry transformed in the 1980's?
5. According to the author, what is the purpose of the episodes of the television show, Disneyland?
6. Why does Disney create "Tomorrowland"?
7. What is a development agent?
8. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
9. How do ranchers become victim to their own fallacy of composition in the 1970's?
10. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)