|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
(a) The RockyMountain Tribune.
(b) The Daily Reader.
(c) The Gazette-Telegraph.
(d) The Register.
2. Chicken meat had been traditionally provided by hens too ______ to lay eggs.
3. How did Hank die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Trampled by one of his herds.
4. Cattle that are either maintained in a company-owned feedlot or purchased in advance through forward contracts are known as ________.
(a) Captive supplies.
(c) Common stock.
(d) Pen reserves.
5. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To be able to afford a car.
(b) To lose weight.
(c) To stop smoking.
(d) To stop cursing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
2. In 1996, which agency investigates the concentration of large meat-packing companies?
3. What does William H. Fry of the University of Michigan call the migration from southern California to the Rocky Mountain West?
4. What percentage of American children between the ages of three and nine visit a McDonald's?
5. What is the education level of billionaire, J.R. Simplot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd mix of traits makes J.R. Simplot so successful?
2. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
3. What factors may have contributed to the rancher Hank's suicide?
4. What strategy does Ray Kroc's business partner, Harry J. Sonneborn, devise to ensure McDonald's financial success?
5. How does the consumer react to McDonald's switch from fresh to frozen french fries?
6. How does the character Ronald McDonald come to be?
7. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
8. What is the rancher Hank's form of range management?
9. What happens when a franchise operator fails to follow the McDonald's operation and training manual?
10. What is a development agent?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)