|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Simplot open a phosphate mine?
(a) South Boise.
(b) The Kickapoo Indian Reservation.
(d) The Fort Hill Indian Reservation.
2. Which county was planning to build a highway right through the heart of Hank's ranch?
(b) El Paso.
3. Who founds Dunkin' Donuts?
(a) William Rosenberg.
(b) Alvin Donovan.
(c) Seymour Duncan.
(d) John Cage.
4. What is the primary flavoring that gives McDonald's french fries their distinctive taste?
(c) Sessame oil.
(d) Peanut oil.
5. What is Harlan Sanders' "lifelong struggle"?
(a) To be able to afford a car.
(b) To stop cursing.
(c) To stop smoking.
(d) To lose weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fast food company is one of the first to start selling franchises?
2. In what county does Anaheim, California reside?
3. What is the initial franchising fee Ray Kroc charges to open a McDonald's?
4. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
5. What professional sport does Dave Feamster play before buying into a Little Caesar's franchise?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to anthropologist, Yunxiang Yan, what does McDonald's represent for Beijing customers?
2. How does the McDonald's Corporation review Fast Food Nation?
3. What is a development agent?
4. Why are teenagers perfect candidates for working in the fast food industry?
5. What is Carl Karcher's personal philosophy?
6. Besides his success in the food business, what else has contributed to J.R. Simplot's wealth?
7. Why does Ray Kroc tell a reporter in 1972 that it is ridiculous to call the fast food industry an "industry"?
8. What effect does the growth of fast food chains have on the beef industry?
9. What new production method developed by IBP causes skilled, unionized supermarket butchers to be fired?
10. What are some of the requirements made in franchise contracts offered by fast food chains?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)