|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
(a) A military communications network.
(b) A spy network.
(c) A business ethernet.
(d) A video game.
2. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
3. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Suzanne Somers.
(b) Nancy Donley.
(c) Kay Orr.
(d) Barbara Boxer.
4. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
(a) One percent.
(b) Twenty-five percent.
(c) Forty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
5. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Pedigree Master Foods.
(b) Special Kitty.
(d) Science Diet.
6. In the 1920's, Plauen has the most millionaires in Germany and the most _____.
(b) Schitzel restaurants.
7. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Tom Pendergast.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) John Gotti.
(d) Moe Stenman.
8. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
9. What type of animal is a cow in that it eats primarily grass, and maybe grain, with multiple stomachs?
(a) A vegetarian.
(b) A ruminant.
(c) An hebivore.
(d) A carnivore.
10. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
(a) A Shiga toxin.
(b) An alpha-toxin.
(c) A pyrogenic exotoxin.
(d) A Diphtheria toxin.
11. What does McDonald's call its hope for the conquest of foreign markets?
(a) World domination.
(b) Global realization.
(c) The Burger Wave.
(d) International foodism.
12. What is the name of the supervisor given in the book who belittles his employees injuries, cursing them out, and shouting at his workers to move faster?
(a) John LeMonde.
(b) Simon LeMond.
(c) Johann Legrand.
(d) Simon Legree.
13. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
(b) Irrigation ditches.
(c) City dumps.
(d) Septic systems.
14. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(a) Red Top Restaurant.
(c) Red X grocery.
(d) Lasater Ranch.
15. What is now the favorite drink among Chinese children?
(a) Dr. Pepper.
(c) Soy milk.
(d) Rice milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
2. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
3. What is the name of the small electric knives with spinning, round blades that workers use to carve meat?
4. What chemicals described in The Jungle are used to disguise the smell of spoiled beef?
5. Which room in the meatpacking plant contains machines that assemble cardboard boxes and vacuum seal meat in plastic?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)