|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(c) Mad Max.
(d) Bat Cat.
2. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
3. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
(c) Notre Dame.
4. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
(a) Nathan Meeker.
(b) Ken Monfort.
(c) Horace Greeley.
(d) Mike Harper.
5. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) Moe Stenman.
(c) John Gotti.
(d) Tom Pendergast.
6. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
7. Which is the only state in the union to allow companies to leave the worker's comp system and set up its own system for dealing with injuries?
8. Which other German city is less heavily bombed in World War II by the Allies, but sustains more damage?
9. Which country's beef has a vastly lower rate of Salmonella than the U.S., at .01%?
10. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
11. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
(a) Foster Farms.
(c) Grimaud Farms.
(d) Petaluma Poultry Processing.
12. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
13. What does McDonald's call its hope for the conquest of foreign markets?
(a) International foodism.
(b) The Burger Wave.
(c) Global realization.
(d) World domination.
14. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) John Updike.
(d) Mary Shelley.
15. What is now the favorite drink among Chinese children?
(a) Rice milk.
(b) Dr. Pepper.
(d) Soy milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is a cow in that it eats primarily grass, and maybe grain, with multiple stomachs?
2. What are the knee high rubber boots that the author puts on before entering the meatpacking plant?
3. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
4. Which California-based restaurant chain boasts no microwaves, heat lamps, or freezers?
5. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)