|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who purchases IBP in this chapter?
(c) Tyson Foods.
2. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
(a) Petaluma Poultry Processing.
(b) Grimaud Farms.
(c) Foster Farms.
3. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
(b) Matheson, Colorado.
(c) Greeley, Colorado.
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
4. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
5. Which group quickly agrees to a large pay cut for its workers when Monfort takes over a Grand Island, Nebraska slaughterhouse?
(a) The UFCW.
(b) The National Maritime Union.
(c) The International Meatpackers Union.
(d) The ACLU.
6. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
(a) Mike Harper.
(b) Anne Summers.
(c) Roger Townsend.
(d) Mary Lou Makepeace.
7. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Mary Shelley.
(c) John Updike.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
8. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(c) Burger King.
(d) White Castle.
9. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
(a) An alpha-toxin.
(b) A Diphtheria toxin.
(c) A Shiga toxin.
(d) A pyrogenic exotoxin.
10. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
(a) Irrigation ditches.
(b) City dumps.
(d) Septic systems.
11. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
(a) Mike Harper.
(b) Ken Monfort.
(c) Horace Greeley.
(d) Nathan Meeker.
12. Plauen becomes part of the communist _______ after World War II.
(c) Demilitarized zone.
(d) German Democratic Republic.
13. In the 1920's, Plauen has the most millionaires in Germany and the most _____.
(b) Schitzel restaurants.
14. What is the name of the supervisor given in the book who belittles his employees injuries, cursing them out, and shouting at his workers to move faster?
(a) Simon LeMond.
(b) Simon Legree.
(c) John LeMonde.
(d) Johann Legrand.
15. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(b) Lasater Ranch.
(c) Red Top Restaurant.
(d) Red X grocery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dale Lasater's father, Tom, dropped out of which college?
2. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
3. What type of animal is a cow in that it eats primarily grass, and maybe grain, with multiple stomachs?
4. Which kind of grass-fed, lower fat beef considered a gourmet item and may be less likely to spread E. coli?
5. What are long-haired, working class German fans of American heavy metal music called in Plauen?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)