|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(c) Burger King.
(d) White Castle.
2. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
(a) The executioner.
(b) The sticker.
(c) The slicer.
(d) The poker.
3. Which other German city is less heavily bombed in World War II by the Allies, but sustains more damage?
4. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
(a) Danny Alexander.
(b) Alistair Carmichael.
(c) Stephen Dorrell.
(d) Gregory Barker.
5. What is the other name for mad cow disease from the book?
(a) E. coli O157:H7.
6. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
7. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) A roper.
(b) A gutter.
(c) A reacher.
(d) An innard cowboy.
8. What is now the favorite drink among Chinese children?
(a) Rice milk.
(b) Dr. Pepper.
(c) Soy milk.
9. What does McDonald's call its hope for the conquest of foreign markets?
(a) World domination.
(b) Global realization.
(c) International foodism.
(d) The Burger Wave.
10. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
(c) Chain mail.
11. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) One percent.
(d) Twenty-five percent.
12. The sections of beef known as chucks, loins, ribs, and rounds are known as _______.
13. The Titan II missiles at which company's plant northwest of Colorado Springs were originally designed to carry nuclear warheads?
(a) Lockheed Martin.
14. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
(a) A good lawyer.
(b) A tough attitude.
(c) Your wits.
(d) A sharp knife.
15. Plauen becomes part of the communist _______ after World War II.
(a) German Democratic Republic.
(d) Demilitarized zone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
2. In what area of the packing plant do workers use a power saw to slice cattle into halves?
3. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
4. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
5. What type of animal is a cow in that it eats primarily grass, and maybe grain, with multiple stomachs?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)