|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
(b) Norwalk virus.
2. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
(a) In their hard hads.
(b) On the converyer belt motor.
(c) On the cremator.
(d) In their sterilizers.
3. In the 1920's, Plauen has the most millionaires in Germany and the most _____.
(d) Schitzel restaurants.
4. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
(a) Your wits.
(b) A sharp knife.
(c) A tough attitude.
(d) A good lawyer.
5. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Bat Cat.
(c) Mad Max.
6. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
(a) A Diphtheria toxin.
(b) A pyrogenic exotoxin.
(c) An alpha-toxin.
(d) A Shiga toxin.
7. The sections of beef known as chucks, loins, ribs, and rounds are known as _______.
8. What illness caused by the toxin in E. coli O157-H7 can lead to kidney failure, anemia, internal bleeding, and the destruction of vital organs?
(b) Hemolytic uremic syndrome.
(c) Acrocallosal syndrome.
(d) Ardalan-Shoja-Kiuru syndrome.
9. Eggs are regulated by what federal agency?
10. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Pedigree Master Foods.
(c) Special Kitty.
(d) Science Diet.
11. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
(a) Irrigation ditches.
(c) Septic systems.
(d) City dumps.
12. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
13. Which other German city is less heavily bombed in World War II by the Allies, but sustains more damage?
14. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
(a) Efficient production.
(b) Employee morale.
(c) Low injury rate reports.
(d) Long hours.
15. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(a) Red Top Restaurant.
(c) Lasater Ranch.
(d) Red X grocery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
2. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
3. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
4. What are the apron and gloves made of that workers put on to protect themselves from knife wounds?
5. Which California-based restaurant chain boasts no microwaves, heat lamps, or freezers?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)