|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
(a) Twenty-five percent.
(b) One percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Forty percent.
2. Plauen becomes part of the communist _______ after World War II.
(b) Demilitarized zone.
(d) German Democratic Republic.
3. In what area of the packing plant do workers use a power saw to slice cattle into halves?
(a) The rest area.
(b) The fab room.
(c) The kill floor.
(d) The sticker shack.
4. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(a) Red X grocery.
(b) Lasater Ranch.
(d) Red Top Restaurant.
5. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
(a) Greeley, Colorado.
(b) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
(c) Matheson, Colorado.
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
6. What is now the favorite drink among Chinese children?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
(c) Rice milk.
(d) Soy milk.
7. Which group quickly agrees to a large pay cut for its workers when Monfort takes over a Grand Island, Nebraska slaughterhouse?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) The National Maritime Union.
(c) The UFCW.
(d) The International Meatpackers Union.
8. What does McDonald's call its hope for the conquest of foreign markets?
(a) International foodism.
(b) Global realization.
(c) The Burger Wave.
(d) World domination.
9. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
10. Which country's beef has a vastly lower rate of Salmonella than the U.S., at .01%?
11. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
(a) In their hard hads.
(b) On the cremator.
(c) In their sterilizers.
(d) On the converyer belt motor.
12. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(a) Burger King.
(c) White Castle.
13. The sections of beef known as chucks, loins, ribs, and rounds are known as _______.
14. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) An innard cowboy.
(b) A reacher.
(c) A roper.
(d) A gutter.
15. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eggs are regulated by what federal agency?
2. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
3. In the 1920's, Plauen has the most millionaires in Germany and the most _____.
4. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
5. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)