|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) Moe Stenman.
(c) John Gotti.
(d) Tom Pendergast.
2. What is the other name for mad cow disease from the book?
(c) E. coli O157:H7.
3. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
(a) Grimaud Farms.
(b) Petaluma Poultry Processing.
(c) Foster Farms.
4. Injured workers at IBP who can't claim worker's comp almost always sign a ________ or risk losing their jobs.
(b) Consent form.
(c) Confession of personal negligence.
(d) Short-term contract.
5. What are long-haired, working class German fans of American heavy metal music called in Plauen?
(a) Die Metalheads.
(b) Die Rockers.
(c) Die Hammers.
(d) Die Heavies.
6. Which country's beef has a vastly lower rate of Salmonella than the U.S., at .01%?
7. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Mad Max.
(c) Bat Cat.
8. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
9. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
10. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
(a) A spy network.
(b) A military communications network.
(c) A business ethernet.
(d) A video game.
11. Which other German city is less heavily bombed in World War II by the Allies, but sustains more damage?
12. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
13. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
(a) Stephen Dorrell.
(b) Danny Alexander.
(c) Alistair Carmichael.
(d) Gregory Barker.
14. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(a) White Castle.
(c) Burger King.
15. At the writing of this book, who is the current CEO of McDonald's Corporation?
(a) Thomas Macon.
(b) Jack Greenberg.
(c) Ray Kroc.
(d) Mike Eisner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the packing plant do workers use a power saw to slice cattle into halves?
2. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
3. Cattle manure is not sent to waste treatment plants but dumped into ______.
4. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
5. What does McDonald's call its hope for the conquest of foreign markets?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)