|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Tom Pendergast.
(b) John Gotti.
(c) Moe Stenman.
(d) Al Capone.
2. The sections of beef known as chucks, loins, ribs, and rounds are known as _______.
3. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Bat Cat.
(c) Mad Max.
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(a) Burger King.
(d) White Castle.
5. What chemicals described in The Jungle are used to disguise the smell of spoiled beef?
(a) Hydrochloric acid and sodium chloride.
(b) Fluoride and sodium.
(c) Chlorine bleach and water.
(d) Glycerine and borax.
6. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
(a) Your wits.
(b) A tough attitude.
(c) A sharp knife.
(d) A good lawyer.
7. Who was the newly elected governor of Nebraska told by Mike Harper that his company needed more tax breaks or it would pick up shop and leave the state?
(a) Tom Daschel.
(b) Kay Orr.
(c) Nancy Pelosi.
(d) John Murkowski.
8. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Special Kitty.
(b) Pedigree Master Foods.
(d) Science Diet.
9. What is now the favorite drink among Chinese children?
(a) Rice milk.
(b) Soy milk.
(d) Dr. Pepper.
10. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
(a) Nathan Meeker.
(b) Mike Harper.
(c) Horace Greeley.
(d) Ken Monfort.
11. Which kind of grass-fed, lower fat beef considered a gourmet item and may be less likely to spread E. coli?
(d) Stockyard Special.
12. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
(a) Plate waste.
(b) Spoiled produce.
(c) Leftover cheese.
13. How many pounds of ground beef can a single infected animal contaminate with E. coli O157:H7?
14. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
(a) The sticker.
(b) The poker.
(c) The executioner.
(d) The slicer.
15. Plauen becomes part of the communist _______ after World War II.
(a) German Democratic Republic.
(d) Demilitarized zone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
2. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
3. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
4. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
5. Who writes the book, The Jungle, in 1906?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)