|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(b) Special Kitty.
(c) Science Diet.
(d) Pedigree Master Foods.
2. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(a) Red Top Restaurant.
(b) Red X grocery.
(c) Lasater Ranch.
3. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
(a) The executioner.
(b) The poker.
(c) The sticker.
(d) The slicer.
4. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(a) Burger King.
(c) White Castle.
5. Who announces that it is putting a new restaurant in every Wal-Mart in Germany?
(a) KFC Germany.
(b) Pizza Hut International.
(c) Subway Rhineland.
(d) McDonald's Deutschland.
6. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Suzanne Somers.
(b) Nancy Donley.
(c) Kay Orr.
(d) Barbara Boxer.
7. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
(a) Battery acid.
(b) Synthetic wool.
(c) Flax seed oil.
(d) Cotton paper.
8. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
(a) Petaluma Poultry Processing.
(b) Grimaud Farms.
(d) Foster Farms.
9. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
(a) Long hours.
(b) Low injury rate reports.
(c) Efficient production.
(d) Employee morale.
10. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
11. The Internet at the heart of today's economy started out as what?
(a) A video game.
(b) A spy network.
(c) A military communications network.
(d) A business ethernet.
12. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(a) Mad Max.
(c) Bat Cat.
13. In what area of the packing plant do workers use a power saw to slice cattle into halves?
(a) The fab room.
(b) The sticker shack.
(c) The kill floor.
(d) The rest area.
14. Which group quickly agrees to a large pay cut for its workers when Monfort takes over a Grand Island, Nebraska slaughterhouse?
(a) The National Maritime Union.
(b) The UFCW.
(c) The International Meatpackers Union.
(d) The ACLU.
15. What town is near Lasater Ranch?
(a) Greeley, Colorado.
(b) Pueblo, Colorado.
(c) Matheson, Colorado.
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
2. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
3. What does the "knocker" use to shoot the live cattle in the head as they enter the building?
4. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
5. What are long-haired, working class German fans of American heavy metal music called in Plauen?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)