|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for how illegals are generally employed?
(b) "Short-term contract".
(c) "At will".
2. What are long-haired, working class German fans of American heavy metal music called in Plauen?
(a) Die Rockers.
(b) Die Heavies.
(c) Die Metalheads.
(d) Die Hammers.
3. What is the name of the small electric knives with spinning, round blades that workers use to carve meat?
4. Which variant of mad cow disease literally destroys the brains of ten young people in Britain?
(b) Norwalk virus.
5. How high can the percentage of cattle that carries E. coli O157:H7 get in the summer?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Twenty-five percent.
(c) Forty percent.
(d) One percent.
6. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
(a) Nancy Donley.
(b) Barbara Boxer.
(c) Suzanne Somers.
(d) Kay Orr.
7. Rich Conway helps run which family business?
(b) Red X grocery.
(c) Lasater Ranch.
(d) Red Top Restaurant.
8. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
(a) In their hard hads.
(b) In their sterilizers.
(c) On the converyer belt motor.
(d) On the cremator.
9. The sections of beef known as chucks, loins, ribs, and rounds are known as _______.
10. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) A reacher.
(b) An innard cowboy.
(c) A gutter.
(d) A roper.
11. At the writing of this book, who is the current CEO of McDonald's Corporation?
(a) Mike Eisner.
(b) Ray Kroc.
(c) Jack Greenberg.
(d) Thomas Macon.
12. Who slits the neck of a steer every ten seconds in the meatpacking house?
(a) The executioner.
(b) The slicer.
(c) The poker.
(d) The sticker.
13. The Titan II missiles at which company's plant northwest of Colorado Springs were originally designed to carry nuclear warheads?
(d) Lockheed Martin.
14. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
(a) A sharp knife.
(b) A tough attitude.
(c) A good lawyer.
(d) Your wits.
15. Which country's beef has a vastly lower rate of Salmonella than the U.S., at .01%?
Short Answer Questions
1. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
2. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
3. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
4. What item collected from restaurants in 1997 is banned from being fed to cattle by the FDA?
5. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)