|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Companies from which country have bought Chrysler, Random House, and RCA Records?
2. Which fast food chain made hamburgers popular in the 1920's?
(c) Burger King.
(d) White Castle.
3. Eggs are regulated by what federal agency?
4. What type of toxin is released form E. coli O157-H7?
(a) A pyrogenic exotoxin.
(b) A Diphtheria toxin.
(c) A Shiga toxin.
(d) An alpha-toxin.
5. In the 1920's, Plauen has the most millionaires in Germany and the most _____.
(a) Schitzel restaurants.
6. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(b) Mad Max.
(d) Bat Cat.
7. What chemicals described in The Jungle are used to disguise the smell of spoiled beef?
(a) Fluoride and sodium.
(b) Glycerine and borax.
(c) Chlorine bleach and water.
(d) Hydrochloric acid and sodium chloride.
8. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
(a) Synthetic wool.
(b) Flax seed oil.
(c) Cotton paper.
(d) Battery acid.
9. Who was elected for a second term in the 1999 Colorado Springs mayoral race?
(a) Mary Lou Makepeace.
(b) Anne Summers.
(c) Mike Harper.
(d) Roger Townsend.
10. David M. Theno helped which California poultry processor eliminate Salmonella from most of its birds?
(a) Petaluma Poultry Processing.
(b) Grimaud Farms.
(d) Foster Farms.
11. Who was the newly elected governor of Nebraska told by Mike Harper that his company needed more tax breaks or it would pick up shop and leave the state?
(a) Nancy Pelosi.
(b) Kay Orr.
(c) Tom Daschel.
(d) John Murkowski.
12. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Tom Pendergast.
(b) John Gotti.
(c) Moe Stenman.
(d) Al Capone.
13. Which kind of grass-fed, lower fat beef considered a gourmet item and may be less likely to spread E. coli?
(d) Stockyard Special.
14. In 1993, who becomes the first Latino head of the UFCW in Packingtown (Chicago)?
(a) Simon Gutierrez.
(b) Alex Molnar.
(c) Ramon Vasquez.
(d) Ruben Ramirez.
15. The annual bonuses of plant foremen and supervisors are often based on what?
(a) Efficient production.
(b) Low injury rate reports.
(c) Long hours.
(d) Employee morale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are long-haired, working class German fans of American heavy metal music called in Plauen?
2. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
3. The East German Secret Police are called ______.
4. Greatly reducing the fat content of ________ could have and immediate effect on the nation's kids, according to the author.
5. What is considered the most important tool in the modern slaughterhouse?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)