|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the only state in the union to allow companies to leave the worker's comp system and set up its own system for dealing with injuries?
2. Who is the largest employer in Weld County, Colorado?
3. During the communist rule of East Germany, the successful manufacturing of what product causes high pollution in the city?
(a) Battery acid.
(b) Flax seed oil.
(c) Cotton paper.
(d) Synthetic wool.
4. Eggs are regulated by what federal agency?
5. Chickens are regulated by what federal agency?
6. What is the name of the "labor consultant" from New York City who meets with IBP and has close ties to La Cosa Nostra?
(a) Tom Pendergast.
(b) John Gotti.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Moe Stenman.
7. What is the other name for mad cow disease from the book?
(b) E. coli O157:H7.
8. The 1980 Education Act eliminates government subsidies for ___________.
(b) Proper refirdgeration in schools.
(c) Milk at lunch.
(d) Nutritious school meals.
9. What does the "knocker" use to shoot the live cattle in the head as they enter the building?
(a) An air rifle.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A captive bolt stunner.
(d) A taser gun.
10. Which health secretary surprises the British Parliament by declaring that mad cow disease might jump species and infect humans?
(a) Stephen Dorrell.
(b) Danny Alexander.
(c) Alistair Carmichael.
(d) Gregory Barker.
11. What is the primary export of Plauen, Germany before World War I?
12. The sections of beef known as chucks, loins, ribs, and rounds are known as _______.
13. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
(a) In their sterilizers.
(b) In their hard hads.
(c) On the cremator.
(d) On the converyer belt motor.
14. What was the name of the cat that died in Bristol, England of a feline variant of mad cow disease?
(c) Mad Max.
(d) Bat Cat.
15. Which packing house owner is one of the two people from Colorado to be put on President Nixon's enemy list?
(a) Mike Harper.
(b) Nathan Meeker.
(c) Horace Greeley.
(d) Ken Monfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the president of STOP (Safe Tables Our Priority)?
2. What does McDonald's call its hope for the conquest of foreign markets?
3. Who purchases IBP in this chapter?
4. What are the knee high rubber boots that the author puts on before entering the meatpacking plant?
5. Which pet food company was responsible for contracting a feline variant of mad cow disease?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)