Short Answer Key
The Founding Fathers
1. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
2. In what county does Anaheim, California reside?
3. What does KIGY stand for?
Klansmen I Greet You.
4. Whom does Carl Karcher marry?
5. What purchase is Karcher's first foray into the fast food business?
A hot dog cart.
6. What takes over Southern California, completely changing the lifestyle of the population there?
7. How is the metropolis of Los Angeles characterized?
Sprawling and horizontal.
8. Which transport industry is intentionally wiped out in Southern California?
9. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
As "circular meccas of neon".
10. Walt Disney buys 160 acres of what in Anaheim to build Disneyland?
11. What were people called who served the food at drive-in restaurants?
This section contains 2,705 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)