|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why the Fries Taste So Good.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the Parisian recipe for pommes frites to America in 1802?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Antonin Dvorak.
(d) Eli Whitney.
2. Where was Matthew Kabong, driver for Little Caesar's pizza in Pueblo, Colorado, born?
(c) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
3. Disney's broadcast of "Our Friend the Atom" is sponsored by which manufacturing company?
(a) General Electric.
(d) General Dynamics.
4. What machine does Simplot buy to dehydrate onions?
(a) A wind machine.
(b) A peach pitter.
(c) A sun dryer.
(d) A prune dryer.
5. In 1972, Ray Kroc gives $250,000 to whose presidential campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest daily newspaper in Colorado Springs?
2. What sort of tale is Carl Karcher considered to be an example of?
3. What is the main drag in Colorado Springs?
4. What do the McDonald brothers call their system of service?
5. How does Michael Witzel characterize the drive-in restaurants of the early 1940's?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)