|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What's In the Meat?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book, Broken Heartland?
(a) John Mack Faragher.
(b) Robert H. Vine.
(c) Meredith Ogilby.
(d) Osha Gray Davidson.
2. The speed and volume of a factory's flow is called what?
(a) Bottom line.
(b) Money movement.
(d) Efficiency effect.
3. Michael Andreas gets sent to prison in 1999 for conspiring with foreign rivals to control the international market for what feed additive?
(b) Ascorbic acid.
(d) Guar gum.
4. What is the nickname of Colorado Springs?
(a) Little Taos.
(b) Little London.
(c) Snow Capital.
5. What is the job title of a worker in a packinghouse who pulls the stomach out of a steer and ties off the intestines?
(a) A gutter.
(b) A roper.
(c) An innard cowboy.
(d) A reacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is a cow in that it eats primarily grass, and maybe grain, with multiple stomachs?
2. What is the apparent ideal for employees in the restaurant industry?
3. Gaining the McNugget contract turns which company into the nation's largest chicken processor?
4. Where do some meatpacking workers cook little bits of meat on a shift?
5. Colorado has lost how many acres of ranch land to development in the last twenty years?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)