|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Amabelle about Man Rapadou's storytelling?
(a) It is highly detailed
(b) It sounds as if she is reciting poetry
(c) She is able to laugh at sad stories
(d) She remembers every detail of every event
2. Why does Amabelle lie naked on the floor in Chapter 17?
(a) She wants to feel the coolness of the earth
(b) Sebastien asks her to take off her uniform
(c) She is sick and cannot move
(d) She wants to sweat out all of her moisture so she cannot cry
3. What do the refugees see in a picture of the Haitian president that angers them?
(a) A Dominican flag
(b) A congratulatory letter from the Generalissimo
(c) A medal given to him by the Generalissimo to symbolize the friendship between their countries
(d) A portrait of the Generalissimo hanging behind the president
4. Who does Amabelle write a letter to in hopes of finding information about Sebastien and Mimi?
(a) Father Romain
(c) Senor Pico
(d) Dr. Javier
5. Who from Alegria does Amabelle discover is living near the border clinic?
(a) Senora Valencia
(d) Father Romain
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amabelle have difficulty finding the stream and cave when she visits Alegria?
2. Where did Amabelle and Sebastien first make love?
3. What lead to Yves' father's death?
4. Who does Senor Pico nearly kill as he practices shooting with Senora Valencia?
5. What torture does Tibon escape that many other Haitian immigrants did not?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)