|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strikes Amabelle as she witnesses a woman having her leg amputated?
(a) The doctor's hand
(b) A drop of her own blood
(c) A drop of the woman's blood
(d) The woman's leg
2. Which of the following people does Amabelle NOT secure passage to Haiti for?
3. What does Senora Valencia do with her son's body that is unexpected?
(a) She allows no one to view it
(b) She spends all of her time holding it
(c) She allows visitors to view it
(d) She refuses to allow him to be buried
4. Why does Amabelle visit Kongo?
(a) To make sure he is dealing with Joel's death
(b) To tell him Senor Pico killed Joel
(c) To tell him Papi would like to speak with him
(d) To deliver wood for Joel's coffin
5. What is different about the homes in Alegria when Amabelle visits years later?
(a) They are now owned by Haitians
(b) They were destroyed during the revolution
(c) They are protected by high walls and guards
(d) They are more open and inviting
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people of Dajabon celebrating?
2. What has Amabelle wondered about her parents' deaths for years?
3. How does the Generalissimo plan to compensate the injured and dead Haitians?
4. What do Doloritas and Amabelle have in common?
5. Where did Amabelle and Sebastien first make love?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)