|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senora Valencia ask Senor Pico to do before he leaves for the military operation at the border?
(a) Kiss their daughter goodbye
(b) Bury their son
(c) Plan their son's funeral
(d) Bury their son's clothes
2. Why do the refugees become angered on the sixteenth day of testimonials?
(a) They are being arrested for crimes against the Dominican Republic
(b) They are denied access to government officials
(c) An official tells them that there is no more money available
(d) An official tells them the Generalissimo does not believe them
3. What has happened to Yves' farm over the years since he has returned to Haiti?
(a) It failed forcing him to find other work
(b) It has gone through both prosperous and difficult periods
(c) It has grown and prospered
(d) It has become the number one producer of beans
4. When Amabelle and Yves come upon an oxen cart stuck in the mud, what do they notice the cart is filled with?
5. What does the Massacre River mark for the nations of Haiti and the Dominican Republic?
(a) The border between the two nations
(b) The place where too many people died
(c) A point of contention between the two nations
(d) The water source for the two nations
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Yves and Amabelle plan to go when they leave the clinic?
2. What shocks Amabelle about Man Rapadou's storytelling?
3. What risk is Amabelle taking at the end of the novel by wading into the river?
4. Which of the following ideas is NOT part of the Generalissimo's speech broadcasted on the radio?
5. What do Doloritas and Amabelle have in common?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)