|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Dominicans taunt Amabelle and Yves with parsley?
(a) They know Haitians hate parsley
(b) It is readily available
(c) Parsley is a symbol of independence
(d) To show they are Haitians through their pronunciation of the word
2. What has happened to Yves' farm over the years since he has returned to Haiti?
(a) It failed forcing him to find other work
(b) It has grown and prospered
(c) It has become the number one producer of beans
(d) It has gone through both prosperous and difficult periods
3. Where do the cane workers and their families gather in the evenings?
(a) At Mercedes' food stand
(b) At Sebastien's hut
(c) Around the fire pit in their camp
(d) At the creek
4. What has Amabelle wondered about her parents' deaths for years?
(a) Why she did not die also
(b) Why they chose to wade into the raging waters
(c) What they were trying to signal to her as they washed away
(d) What they wanted her to remember about them
5. According to a nun at the clinic, who has been asking about Amabelle?
(d) Dr. Javier
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Senora Valencia first react when Amabelle comes to visit her?
2. What does a woman in Cap Haitian give Amabelle to help ease her pain?
3. Why does Amabelle visit Kongo?
4. When Amabelle and Yves come upon an oxen cart stuck in the mud, what do they notice the cart is filled with?
5. What did Senora Valencia do during the massacre to honor Amabelle?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)