|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sebastien ask Amabelle about in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
(c) Senora Valencia
2. Which of the following is NOT a part of the Dominican coat of arms?
3. Which of the following is NOT a piece of advice Amabelle gives Senora Valencia to help ease the pain of childbirth?
(a) Breathe freely
(b) Pray to the Virgin Mary for strength
(c) The child will be hers forever once she gives birth to him/her
(d) The pain will be only a bit more than being stung by a wasp
4. Who does Juana insist Papi take with him when he goes to notify Pico of the children's births?
(c) Dr. Javier
5. What does the narrator have recurrent nightmares about?
(a) Her parents abandoning her
(b) Sebastien leaving her
(c) Sebastien dying
(d) Her parents drowning
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Senora Valencia tell Amabelle she had her light a candle for?
2. Why is Senora Valencia concerned when she goes into labor?
3. How did Senora Valencia's mother die?
4. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
5. Why is Senora Valencia surprised when the first baby is born?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)