|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Amabelle come to work for Senora Valencia's family?
(a) She and Sebastien both applied for jobs at their farm
(b) They adopted her after her parents died
(c) The river rats sold her to Senora Valencia's family
(d) They found her at the river after her parents died
2. Where is this first part of the novel set?
(a) In Haiti
(b) In Mexico
(c) In the Dominican Republic
(d) In Cuba
3. What emotion does Amabelle see in Luis' face as he watches Pico, Valencia and the babies together?
4. Who does Papi ask Amabelle to take him to see?
(a) Don Gilbert
(b) Don Carlos
5. Who does Pico name his son after?
(b) The Generalissimo
(c) A leader in the Dominican independence movement
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Amabelle that the baby will be born before Dr. Javier arrives?
2. Why does Senora Valencia ask Pico to bring Amabelle to her the evening after the birth of her children?
3. What does Father Romain encourage his congregants to do?
4. Why does the narrator's father caution her against playing with her shadow?
5. What does Papi raise as his hobby?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)