|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amabelle notice pinned to Dr. Javier's shirt collar?
(a) A pin like one her mother had
(b) A wood carving like those worn by the cane cutters
(c) A wooden cross
(d) A wood carving created by Sebastien
2. How does the girl baby compare to the boy baby?
(a) She is much larger than he is
(b) She is much smaller than he is
(c) She has more hair than he does
(d) She has much lighter skin than he does
3. Who does Sebastien's sister Mimi work for?
(a) Senora Valencia
(b) Dr. Javier's mother
(c) The Generalissimo
(d) Dr. Javier
4. What should have been a warning to Amabelle's father that it was too dangerous to cross the river?
(a) The water was above his head
(b) It had rained earlier that day
(c) The river rats were afraid to cross
(d) The levee was eroded
5. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
(a) Her mother always dreamed Valencia would have twins
(b) Juana always wanted to have twins
(c) Twins are a sign of good luck
(d) Her mother looked like she was having twins when she had Valencia
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Amabelle jealous of the people her father helped?
2. Who does Senor Pico share cigars and rum with in the garden?
3. What does Amabelle wish she could remember from her past when she is helping Senora Valencia give birth?
4. What alerts Amabelle that the baby will be born before Dr. Javier arrives?
5. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)