|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papi raise as his hobby?
2. Why does the narrator prefer her shadow to other children?
(a) Her shadow never refuses to play the games she wants to play
(b) Her shadow cannot talk to her as other children can
(c) Her shadow cannot leave her alone
(d) Her shadow makes her feel less lonely than other children
3. What does Amabelle wish she could remember from her past when she is helping Senora Valencia give birth?
(a) The process of delivering a baby
(b) Herbal pain remedies her parents used
(c) Her mother's advice
(d) Her own birth
4. How did Amabelle come to work for Senora Valencia's family?
(a) The river rats sold her to Senora Valencia's family
(b) She and Sebastien both applied for jobs at their farm
(c) They adopted her after her parents died
(d) They found her at the river after her parents died
5. What should have been a warning to Amabelle's father that it was too dangerous to cross the river?
(a) The river rats were afraid to cross
(b) It had rained earlier that day
(c) The water was above his head
(d) The levee was eroded
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amabelle's mother give her to help her feel better when she was sick with a fever?
2. What emotion does Amabelle see in Luis' face as he watches Pico, Valencia and the babies together?
3. Where is Sebastien when the narrator wakes up?
4. Senora Valencia's last statement to Amabelle can be seen as an example of...
5. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)