Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Amabelle wondered about her parents' deaths for years?
(a) Why she did not die also
(b) What they wanted her to remember about them
(c) Why they chose to wade into the raging waters
(d) What they were trying to signal to her as they washed away
2. What is ironic about the assassination of Generalissimo Trujillo?
(a) He is shot as he was driving down a highway bearing his name
(b) He is shot by his most loyal supporter
(c) He is shot while giving a victory speech
(d) He is accidentally shot by his bodyguard
3. Who does Papi go to visit when he takes a walk to escape Senor Pico?
(b) Dr. Javier
4. What do the travelers smell burning when they awake?
(a) Sugar cane
(c) Human bodies
5. What does Yves confess to Amabelle one night?
(a) He is in love with Amabelle
(b) He watched Sebastien and Mimi be shot by the Dominican soldiers
(c) He traded places with Sebastien on the night they escaped
(d) He watched Sebastien and Mimi loaded into the trucks while he hid in the woods
6. What main town do the travelers reach first?
(b) Cap Haitien
7. Why does Man Rapadou feed Amabelle pumpkin soup?
(a) Amabelle is unable to eat solid food because of her injuries
(b) It is known as a good luck food
(c) It is known to increase fertility
(d) Pumpkins have healing powers
8. What information does Yves give Amabelle that makes her hopeful Sebastien and Mimi were able to cross the river?
(a) Yves has left directions for them at each stop on the river
(b) Many people are crossing the river everyday now
(c) The massacre of Haitians by the Dominicans has stopped
(d) The water level in the river has dropped
9. What do Doloritas and Amabelle have in common?
(a) They are both engaged to Haitian men who are missing
(b) They both lived in Alegria
(c) They both worked in the sugar cane fields
(d) They have both lost their parents
10. What does Yves suggest Amabelle do to make money for herself?
(a) Take care of Man Rapadou
(b) Sew dresses
(c) Farm with him
(d) Work in the local market
11. What has happened to Yves' farm over the years since he has returned to Haiti?
(a) It has gone through both prosperous and difficult periods
(b) It has become the number one producer of beans
(c) It has grown and prospered
(d) It failed forcing him to find other work
12. Who does Amabelle see for the first time in years during the celebration following Trujillo's death?
(c) Dr. Javier
(d) Father Romain
13. What warning does Dr. Javier bring to Amabelle?
(a) Sebastien is wanted by the militia
(b) All Haitian immigrants are being deported
(c) She must leave immediately because Haitian immigrants are being killed
(d) She must leave immediately because Senor Pico is planning to have her killed
14. Why does Amabelle visit Kongo?
(a) To tell him Papi would like to speak with him
(b) To make sure he is dealing with Joel's death
(c) To tell him Senor Pico killed Joel
(d) To deliver wood for Joel's coffin
15. Who from Alegria does Amabelle discover is living near the border clinic?
(a) Senora Valencia
(b) Father Romain
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amabelle plan on crossing the border?
2. Why did Man Denise name her son after Saint Sebastien?
3. Why does Amabelle usher Senora Valencia back into the house as the soldiers arrive in the valley?
4. Why does Amabelle stand over Odette's body for a long time?
5. What do the refugees see in a picture of the Haitian president that angers them?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)