|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amabelle notice about Dona Sabine's home that makes her concerned "another Yanki invasion was coming?"
(a) A wall built around her home to keep the Haitians out
(b) Felice is now working for Dona Sabine
(c) Many more people working for her family than usual
(d) Military guards at the gate
2. Why does Sebastien insist he and Amabelle talk if they are not touching?
(a) To confirm their love
(b) To remind themselves they are alive
(c) To protect themselves from nightmares
(d) To ward off evil spirits
3. According to Sebastien, why does Kongo take Joel's body away before others can see him?
(a) He wants to take him to a sacred burial place
(b) He wishes to be left alone with his son
(c) He doesn't want Senor Pico to punish him for burying his son
(d) He doesn't want to draw attention to his son's death
4. What is different about the homes in Alegria when Amabelle visits years later?
(a) They were destroyed during the revolution
(b) They are protected by high walls and guards
(c) They are now owned by Haitians
(d) They are more open and inviting
5. What news does Man Denise tell Amabelle several refugees have come to tell her of?
(a) Sebastien and Mimi are living across the border in the Dominican Republic
(b) Sebastien has married another woman
(c) The murders of Sebastien and Mimi
(d) The accidental deaths of Sebastien and Mimi
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Senora Valencia name her daughter in honor of?
2. What does Amabelle notice pinned to Dr. Javier's shirt collar?
3. Who does Papi go to visit when he takes a walk to escape Senor Pico?
4. How has Father Romain changed since Amabelle last saw him?
5. Why does Amabelle believe her mother did not show her much affection?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)