|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator believe is the only person who truly knows her?
(b) Her shadow
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
2. Why does Sebastien insist on remaining in the dark while with the narrator?
(a) He wants her to know only his voice
(b) He wants her to learn to trust him even when she cannot see him
(c) He doesn't want the neighbors to know he is there
(d) He is embarrassed by the scars on his hands and face
3. What does Father Romain encourage his congregants to do?
(a) Educate themselves
(b) Attend church
(c) Protect themselves
(d) Remember their homeland
4. Where does Sebastien work?
(a) In the corn fields
(b) In the sugar cane fields
(c) In a sugar factory
(d) In the same home as the narrator
5. What does Kongo give Amabelle as a gift?
(a) A mask of Joel
(b) A ring
(c) Joel's bracelet
(d) A mask of her face
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sebastien's sister Mimi work for?
2. Where did Amabelle often sleep when she was a young girl?
3. Who does Sebastien ask Amabelle about in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Sebastien insist he and Amabelle talk if they are not touching?
5. Which of the following people does Amabelle NOT secure passage to Haiti for?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)