|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senora Valencia ask Senor Pico to do before he leaves for the military operation at the border?
(a) Plan their son's funeral
(b) Bury their son
(c) Bury their son's clothes
(d) Kiss their daughter goodbye
2. What lead to Yves' father's death?
(a) Eating rich food after starving in prison
(b) The brutality of the cane harvest
(c) Beatings in prison
(d) Food poisoning
3. What does a woman in Cap Haitian give Amabelle to help ease her pain?
(b) An orange
(c) A talisman
(d) A crucifix
4. Who is the narrator?
(b) Senora Valencia
(d) Senor Pico
5. What does the narrator fear will happen if Sebastien leaves her alone?
(a) She will cease to exist
(b) She will be unable to sleep
(c) She will be lonely
(d) She will be attacked
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Senora Valencia's husband named after?
2. Why is the man driving the truck able to sneak Amabelle across the border?
3. Why do the Dominicans taunt Amabelle and Yves with parsley?
4. According to Sebastien, why does Kongo take Joel's body away before others can see him?
5. What sight in the deserted village does Yves conceal from the others?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)