|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amabelle stand over Odette's body for a long time?
(a) She is saying the last rites for her friend
(b) She cannot say goodbye to her because her death with always be with Amabelle
(c) She wants to make sure the woman will not come back to life
(d) She is frightened the same will happen to her
2. What details about the babies' births does Dr. Javier ask Amabelle for?
(a) The date of their births
(b) The length of Senora Valencia's labor
(c) The size of each of the children when they were born
(d) The time of their births
3. What is the "farming of the bones"?
(a) Burying the dead
(b) Coffee harvesting
(c) Sugar cane harvesting
(d) Milling sugar
4. Which of the travelers is killed by the mob in Dajabon?
5. What do Doloritas and Amabelle have in common?
(a) They both worked in the sugar cane fields
(b) They both lived in Alegria
(c) They are both engaged to Haitian men who are missing
(d) They have both lost their parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papi listen to on the radio at night?
2. Who does Juana insist Papi take with him when he goes to notify Pico of the children's births?
3. Why did Man Denise name her son after Saint Sebastien?
4. Why does Amabelle repeat Sebastien's name over and over?
5. When Sebastien is talking in his sleep, what does he tell Amabelle he wants to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)