|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should have been a warning to Amabelle's father that it was too dangerous to cross the river?
(a) The water was above his head
(b) It had rained earlier that day
(c) The river rats were afraid to cross
(d) The levee was eroded
2. What do the people in the clinic share stories of?
(a) The deaths of their parents
(b) The happier times in the past
(c) The slaughter of Haitian immigrants that they witnessed
(d) Their former lives in the Dominican Republic
3. When Amabelle and Yves come upon an oxen cart stuck in the mud, what do they notice the cart is filled with?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways the narrator characterizes Sebastien?
5. Where does Sebastien work?
(a) In the corn fields
(b) In the same home as the narrator
(c) In the sugar cane fields
(d) In a sugar factory
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Senora Valencia's mother die?
2. Senora Valencia's last statement to Amabelle can be seen as an example of...
3. What information does Yves give Amabelle that makes her hopeful Sebastien and Mimi were able to cross the river?
4. Why does Sebastien insist he and Amabelle talk if they are not touching?
5. Why does Wilner discourage the travelers from lighting fires?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)