|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape did Amabelle's father always make her Christmas lanterns?
(c) Little girl
(d) Christmas trees
2. When Sebastien is talking in his sleep, what does he tell Amabelle he wants to do?
(a) Give her a red satin ribbon
(b) Fly a kite
(c) Go back to Haiti
(d) Marry her
3. Who is the narrator?
(c) Senora Valencia
(d) Senor Pico
4. What is the "farming of the bones"?
(a) Milling sugar
(b) Coffee harvesting
(c) Burying the dead
(d) Sugar cane harvesting
5. Why does Senora Valencia ask Amabelle to light a candle after the babies are born?
(a) To alert her husband that the babies have arrived
(b) To honor the Virgin Mary
(c) It is now night
(d) To be able to see the children better
Short Answer Questions
1. What lead to Yves' father's death?
2. What did Amabelle's mother give her to help her feel better when she was sick with a fever?
3. What sound always makes Sebastien homesick?
4. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
5. Why is Senora Valencia concerned about having Dr. Javier deliver her baby?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)