|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sight in the deserted village does Yves conceal from the others?
(a) The large stores of food
(b) The papers of Haitian traders
(c) The hanging bodies of the villagers
(d) The buckets of water
2. How did Senora Valencia's mother die?
(a) During a hurricane
(b) Of old age
(d) In childbirth
3. Who does Dona Sabine and Don Gilbert hide in their home?
(a) The Generalissimo's soldiers
(c) Senora Valencia
(d) Haitian immigrants
4. Who does Papi ask Amabelle to take him to see?
(b) Don Carlos
(d) Don Gilbert
5. What is wrong with Senora Valencia's daughter when she is born?
(a) She is unable to breathe
(b) She is small
(c) She cannot open her eyes
(d) The umbilical cord is wrapped around her neck
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Sebastien been working as sugar cane worker?
2. How long has Amabelle worked for Senora Valencia's family?
3. Which of the following is NOT a memory Amabelle has as she is walking down the trail with the other immigrants?
4. What sound always makes Sebastien homesick?
5. Why does Amabelle visit Kongo?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)