|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Senora Valencia tell Amabelle she had her light a candle for?
(a) Her daughter
(b) The Virgin Mary
(c) Her husband
(d) Her mother
2. Who does Senor Pico share cigars and rum with in the garden?
(a) Dr. Javier
(c) Don Gilbert
(d) The Generalissimo
3. What image marks the beginning of the sugar cane harvest?
(a) The smoke from the fires in the fields
(b) The smoke coming from the sugar cane factory
(c) The sound of men chopping the cane with machetes
(d) The smoke from the fires in the harvesters' camp
4. Where did Amabelle often sleep when she was a young girl?
(a) In a room with Juana, the housemaid
(b) On a cot in Senora Valencia's room
(c) With Senora Valencia in her canopy bed
(d) Outside of Senora Valencia's room
5. Where do the cane workers bathe before work?
(a) In their huts
(b) In the rain
(c) In a communal bathtub
(d) In the stream
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amabelle doing when she hears Senora Valencia scream?
2. Why does the narrator's father caution her against playing with her shadow?
3. Who is named official godfather of many of the children being baptized at the same time as Rosalinda?
4. Why is Amabelle concerned about leaving Senora Valencia alone during childbirth?
5. What does Amabelle notice about Dona Sabine's home that makes her concerned "another Yanki invasion was coming?"
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)