|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Javier do to allow himself to escape Papi?
(a) Ask Amabelle for a cup of coffee
(b) Claim he has to attend to another birth
(c) Ask to see the rest of the house
(d) Claim he needs to go register the children's births
2. Why is Senora Valencia concerned when she goes into labor?
(a) Her husband is away
(b) The doctor may not be able to get there fast enough
(c) It is two months before her due date
(d) She is afraid of the pain of childbirth
3. According to Sebastien, why does Kongo take Joel's body away before others can see him?
(a) He doesn't want Senor Pico to punish him for burying his son
(b) He wishes to be left alone with his son
(c) He wants to take him to a sacred burial place
(d) He doesn't want to draw attention to his son's death
4. What should have been a warning to Amabelle's father that it was too dangerous to cross the river?
(a) The river rats were afraid to cross
(b) The levee was eroded
(c) The water was above his head
(d) It had rained earlier that day
5. Which of the following is NOT a memory Amabelle has as she is walking down the trail with the other immigrants?
(a) Helping Papi in the garden
(b) Holding Senora Valencia's babies
(c) Visiting with Sebastien
(d) Going to the market with Juana
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways the narrator characterizes Sebastien?
2. What main town do the travelers reach first?
3. Why does Sebastien insist on remaining in the dark while with the narrator?
4. Which of the following is NOT a part of the Dominican coat of arms?
5. What does Papi spend time doing after his grandson dies?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)