|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Senora Valencia's ancestors from?
2. What should have been a warning to Amabelle's father that it was too dangerous to cross the river?
(a) The water was above his head
(b) The river rats were afraid to cross
(c) It had rained earlier that day
(d) The levee was eroded
3. What details about the babies' births does Dr. Javier ask Amabelle for?
(a) The length of Senora Valencia's labor
(b) The date of their births
(c) The time of their births
(d) The size of each of the children when they were born
4. What does Amabelle notice pinned to Dr. Javier's shirt collar?
(a) A wooden cross
(b) A wood carving like those worn by the cane cutters
(c) A wood carving created by Sebastien
(d) A pin like one her mother had
5. Why does Amabelle become upset when Mimi refers to Beatriz by only her first name?
(a) She believes it is un-Christian to do so
(b) She knows it would anger Beatriz to be referred to by her first name
(c) She is not allowed to call Senora Valencia by her first name
(d) She sees it as a sign of disrespect
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pico do as soon as he arrives home?
2. Who is the man Pico killed with his car?
3. Senora Valencia's last statement to Amabelle can be seen as an example of...
4. Why does Amabelle believe her mother did not show her much affection?
5. Why doesn't Senora Valencia name her son immediately?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)