|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sebastien insist that the narrator take off her uniform?
(a) It represents the image her employers have of her
(b) It needs to be washed
(c) It represents her past in Haiti
(d) It is hot and itchy
2. Where does Papi go when Senora Valencia goes into labor?
(a) To get Dr. Javier
(b) To help Amabelle
(c) To pray for his daughter's safety
(d) To get Senora Valencia's husband
3. Who is the narrator?
(a) Senor Pico
(d) Senora Valencia
4. Who does Senora Valencia tell Amabelle she had her light a candle for?
(a) Her daughter
(b) The Virgin Mary
(c) Her husband
(d) Her mother
5. What did Amabelle's mother give her to help her feel better when she was sick with a fever?
(a) Hugs and kisses
(b) A talisman
(c) A doll
(d) Herbal medicine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say she played with when she was a child?
2. What does Amabelle wish she could remember from her past when she is helping Senora Valencia give birth?
3. According to Sebastien, why does Kongo take Joel's body away before others can see him?
4. How long has Sebastien been working as sugar cane worker?
5. What does Dr. Javier do to allow himself to escape Papi?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)