|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say she has never seen Sebastien do?
2. What does Amabelle notice pinned to Dr. Javier's shirt collar?
(a) A wood carving like those worn by the cane cutters
(b) A pin like one her mother had
(c) A wood carving created by Sebastien
(d) A wooden cross
3. How does the girl baby compare to the boy baby?
(a) She has much lighter skin than he does
(b) She is much larger than he is
(c) She has more hair than he does
(d) She is much smaller than he is
4. Which of the following is NOT a piece of advice Amabelle gives Senora Valencia to help ease the pain of childbirth?
(a) Breathe freely
(b) The child will be hers forever once she gives birth to him/her
(c) The pain will be only a bit more than being stung by a wasp
(d) Pray to the Virgin Mary for strength
5. Why does Amabelle believe her mother did not show her much affection?
(a) She was a cold woman
(b) She was unable to express emotion easily
(c) She wanted to prepare her for a life without love
(d) She did not love Amabelle
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Senora Valencia's mother die?
2. Who stays with Senora Valencia the night after the children are born?
3. Senora Valencia's last statement to Amabelle can be seen as an example of...
4. Why does the narrator prefer her shadow to other children?
5. Why is Amabelle concerned about leaving Senora Valencia alone during childbirth?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)