|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Senora Valencia's house located?
(a) In Alegria
(b) In Guatemala
(c) In Alamandia
(d) In Haiti
2. What does Amabelle notice pinned to Dr. Javier's shirt collar?
(a) A wood carving created by Sebastien
(b) A pin like one her mother had
(c) A wood carving like those worn by the cane cutters
(d) A wooden cross
3. What alerts Amabelle that the baby will be born before Dr. Javier arrives?
(a) She sees the umbilical cord in the birth canal
(b) She sees the child's head in the birth canal
(c) Senora Valencia begins bleeding
(d) Senora Valencia's contractions grow stronger
4. What details about the babies' births does Dr. Javier ask Amabelle for?
(a) The time of their births
(b) The length of Senora Valencia's labor
(c) The size of each of the children when they were born
(d) The date of their births
5. Where did Amabelle often sleep when she was a young girl?
(a) Outside of Senora Valencia's room
(b) In a room with Juana, the housemaid
(c) With Senora Valencia in her canopy bed
(d) On a cot in Senora Valencia's room
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways the narrator characterizes Sebastien?
2. Why is Senora Valencia surprised when the first baby is born?
3. What does the narrator have recurrent nightmares about?
4. What is wrong with Senora Valencia's daughter when she is born?
5. Why does Amabelle believe her mother did not show her much affection?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)