|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
(a) Senor Pico
(c) Senora Valencia
2. Where does Sebastien work?
(a) In a sugar factory
(b) In the corn fields
(c) In the sugar cane fields
(d) In the same home as the narrator
3. Where does Papi go when Senora Valencia goes into labor?
(a) To help Amabelle
(b) To pray for his daughter's safety
(c) To get Senora Valencia's husband
(d) To get Dr. Javier
4. Which of the following is NOT a piece of advice Amabelle gives Senora Valencia to help ease the pain of childbirth?
(a) Pray to the Virgin Mary for strength
(b) Breathe freely
(c) The pain will be only a bit more than being stung by a wasp
(d) The child will be hers forever once she gives birth to him/her
5. Why does Senora Valencia ask Amabelle to light a candle after the babies are born?
(a) To be able to see the children better
(b) To alert her husband that the babies have arrived
(c) It is now night
(d) To honor the Virgin Mary
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Senora Valencia surprised when the first baby is born?
2. Who is Senora Valencia concerned that her daughter will be mistaken for?
3. What does the narrator say she has never seen Sebastien do?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways the narrator characterizes Sebastien?
5. What does the narrator have recurrent nightmares about?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)