|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways the narrator characterizes Sebastien?
2. What does the narrator say she has never seen Sebastien do?
3. Why does Sebastien insist that the narrator take off her uniform?
(a) It represents the image her employers have of her
(b) It needs to be washed
(c) It is hot and itchy
(d) It represents her past in Haiti
4. What is Sebastien's bracelet made of?
(a) Coffee beans
(b) Sugar cane stalks
(c) Goat bones
(d) Sugar cane juice
5. Who does Senora Valencia name her daughter in honor of?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her grandmother
(d) Her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Senora Valencia ask Amabelle to light a candle after the babies are born?
2. Why is Senora Valencia concerned about having Dr. Javier deliver her baby?
3. Why is Amabelle concerned about leaving Senora Valencia alone during childbirth?
4. What does the narrator have recurrent nightmares about?
5. Where does Papi go when Senora Valencia goes into labor?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)