|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say she has never seen Sebastien do?
2. Where did Amabelle often sleep when she was a young girl?
(a) Outside of Senora Valencia's room
(b) On a cot in Senora Valencia's room
(c) In a room with Juana, the housemaid
(d) With Senora Valencia in her canopy bed
3. Who does Senora Valencia name her daughter in honor of?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her grandmother
(d) Her mother
4. How long has Sebastien been working as sugar cane worker?
(a) 4 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 14 years
(d) 1 year
5. Why doesn't Senora Valencia name her son immediately?
(a) She is concerned he will not survive
(b) She wants her husband to name him
(c) She cannot think of a proper name for him
(d) She wants her father to name him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a piece of advice Amabelle gives Senora Valencia to help ease the pain of childbirth?
2. What does the narrator have recurrent nightmares about?
3. Why is Senora Valencia concerned about having Dr. Javier deliver her baby?
4. What is Amabelle doing when she hears Senora Valencia scream?
5. What does the narrator fear will happen if Sebastien leaves her alone?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)