|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Haitian immigrant children born in the Dominican Republic not able to attend "proper schools?"
(a) The government will not give them the papers they need to enroll
(b) Their skin color prevents them from being accepted into these schools
(c) They are not Christians. Only Christians can attend the top schools
(d) They do not speak Spanish
2. What does the narrator fear will happen if Sebastien leaves her alone?
(a) She will be unable to sleep
(b) She will cease to exist
(c) She will be lonely
(d) She will be attacked
3. Where are Senora Valencia's ancestors from?
4. Why does Senora Valencia ask Amabelle to light a candle after the babies are born?
(a) To be able to see the children better
(b) To honor the Virgin Mary
(c) It is now night
(d) To alert her husband that the babies have arrived
5. What thought does Sebastien suggest Amabelle replace the memory of her parents' deaths with?
(a) The idea that they are still alive
(b) The idea that he will always protect her
(c) The idea that they died of natural causes many years later
(d) The idea that they will be reunited in the afterlife
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from Alegria does Amabelle discover is living near the border clinic?
2. How long has Amabelle worked for Senora Valencia's family?
3. What does Yves confess to Amabelle one night?
4. Why is Amabelle so concerned when Luis tells her of Pico hitting a man with his car?
5. What lead to Yves' father's death?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)