|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Senora Valencia concerned when she goes into labor?
(a) It is two months before her due date
(b) The doctor may not be able to get there fast enough
(c) She is afraid of the pain of childbirth
(d) Her husband is away
2. Who does Dona Sabine and Don Gilbert hide in their home?
(a) Haitian immigrants
(c) The Generalissimo's soldiers
(d) Senora Valencia
3. Which of the following is NOT a memory Amabelle has as she is walking down the trail with the other immigrants?
(a) Visiting with Sebastien
(b) Holding Senora Valencia's babies
(c) Helping Papi in the garden
(d) Going to the market with Juana
4. What information does Yves give Amabelle that makes her hopeful Sebastien and Mimi were able to cross the river?
(a) The massacre of Haitians by the Dominicans has stopped
(b) The water level in the river has dropped
(c) Yves has left directions for them at each stop on the river
(d) Many people are crossing the river everyday now
5. What is Amabelle doing when she hears Senora Valencia scream?
(a) Sewing a shirt for Senor Pico
(b) Cooking dinner
(c) Sewing a shirt for Sebastien
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the girl baby compare to the boy baby?
2. What alerts Amabelle that the baby will be born before Dr. Javier arrives?
3. What lead to Yves' father's death?
4. Where does Sebastien work?
5. Who does Senor Pico share cigars and rum with in the garden?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)