|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pico name his son after?
(a) The Generalissimo
(d) A leader in the Dominican independence movement
2. Where do the cane workers and their families gather in the evenings?
(a) Around the fire pit in their camp
(b) At Sebastien's hut
(c) At the creek
(d) At Mercedes' food stand
3. Who does the narrator believe is the only person who truly knows her?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her shadow
4. What does Amabelle say she admired most about her mother?
(a) Her tranquility
(b) Her tenacity
(c) Her seriousness
(d) Her kindness
5. Who does Amabelle write a letter to in hopes of finding information about Sebastien and Mimi?
(b) Dr. Javier
(c) Senor Pico
(d) Father Romain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yves suggest Amabelle do to make money for herself?
2. Why was Amabelle jealous of the people her father helped?
3. Why does Sebastien insist that the narrator take off her uniform?
4. What is the "farming of the bones"?
5. What does Yves confess to Amabelle one night?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)