|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
(a) Her mother always dreamed Valencia would have twins
(b) Juana always wanted to have twins
(c) Her mother looked like she was having twins when she had Valencia
(d) Twins are a sign of good luck
2. What does Amabelle wish she could remember from her past when she is helping Senora Valencia give birth?
(a) The process of delivering a baby
(b) Her own birth
(c) Her mother's advice
(d) Herbal pain remedies her parents used
3. What is wrong with Senora Valencia's daughter when she is born?
(a) She cannot open her eyes
(b) She is unable to breathe
(c) The umbilical cord is wrapped around her neck
(d) She is small
4. Who does Juana insist Papi take with him when he goes to notify Pico of the children's births?
(d) Dr. Javier
5. Where is Senora Valencia's house located?
(a) In Guatemala
(b) In Alamandia
(c) In Alegria
(d) In Haiti
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amabelle say she admired most about her mother?
2. Who does the narrator believe is the only person who truly knows her?
3. What does the narrator fear will happen if Sebastien leaves her alone?
4. What vocation was Juana preparing for when she met Luis?
5. What does Amabelle say she does more than her mother did?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)