|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amabelle notice pinned to Dr. Javier's shirt collar?
(a) A pin like one her mother had
(b) A wood carving like those worn by the cane cutters
(c) A wood carving created by Sebastien
(d) A wooden cross
2. Why is Amabelle concerned about leaving Senora Valencia alone during childbirth?
(a) She is concerned Senora will die
(b) She doesn't want Senora to feel lonely
(c) She is afraid Papi will become angry with her
(d) She doesn't want her to have to push the baby out alone
3. What does the narrator fear will happen if Sebastien leaves her alone?
(a) She will be unable to sleep
(b) She will be lonely
(c) She will be attacked
(d) She will cease to exist
4. Why does the narrator prefer her shadow to other children?
(a) Her shadow cannot leave her alone
(b) Her shadow cannot talk to her as other children can
(c) Her shadow makes her feel less lonely than other children
(d) Her shadow never refuses to play the games she wants to play
5. Who does Senora Valencia tell Amabelle she had her light a candle for?
(a) Her husband
(b) The Virgin Mary
(c) Her mother
(d) Her daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
2. Why does Senora Valencia ask Amabelle to light a candle after the babies are born?
3. Who does Juana insist Papi take with him when he goes to notify Pico of the children's births?
4. What does the narrator say she has never seen Sebastien do?
5. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)