|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sebastien is talking in his sleep, what does he tell Amabelle he wants to do?
(a) Go back to Haiti
(b) Give her a red satin ribbon
(c) Marry her
(d) Fly a kite
2. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
(a) A letter to the Generalissimo
(b) A letter to his daughter
(c) His will
(d) His autobiography
3. What is wrong with Senora Valencia's daughter when she is born?
(a) The umbilical cord is wrapped around her neck
(b) She cannot open her eyes
(c) She is small
(d) She is unable to breathe
4. What does Senora Valencia ask Juana to do to soothe her into sleep?
(a) Tell her stories of her mother
(b) Tell her stories of Haiti
(c) Place the baby girl in bed with her
(d) Stroke her hand
5. Why did Amabelle's father move her away from her mother's cooking pot when she was a child?
(a) He knows it will anger her mother to see her tampering with the food
(b) He wants her to remain a child and not grow up too quickly
(c) He does not want her to become a domestic worker
(d) He is concerned she will burn herself
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amabelle concerned about leaving Senora Valencia alone during childbirth?
2. Who digs the grave for Rafi's baby clothes?
3. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
4. Why is Senora Valencia surprised when the first baby is born?
5. What does Pico do as soon as he arrives home?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)