|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Senora Valencia concerned when she goes into labor?
(a) She is afraid of the pain of childbirth
(b) Her husband is away
(c) It is two months before her due date
(d) The doctor may not be able to get there fast enough
2. What emotion does Amabelle see in Luis' face as he watches Pico, Valencia and the babies together?
3. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
(a) Juana always wanted to have twins
(b) Her mother always dreamed Valencia would have twins
(c) Twins are a sign of good luck
(d) Her mother looked like she was having twins when she had Valencia
4. What position does Pico hope to hold one day?
(a) Army commander
(b) President of Haiti
(c) President of the Dominican Republic
(d) General in the army
5. Senora Valencia's last statement to Amabelle can be seen as an example of...
(a) Cvert racism
(d) Covert racism
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papi go when Senora Valencia goes into labor?
2. Why does Sebastien tell of his father's death using third person narration?
3. Why does Senora Valencia ask Amabelle to light a candle after the babies are born?
4. Why is Amabelle so concerned when Luis tells her of Pico hitting a man with his car?
5. Why are the Haitian immigrant children born in the Dominican Republic not able to attend "proper schools?"
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)