|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Senora Valencia's last statement to Amabelle can be seen as an example of...
(a) Cvert racism
(d) Covert racism
2. Where did Amabelle and Sebastien first make love?
(a) In their village in Haiti
(b) In a cave
(c) In the sugar cane fields
(d) In her hut
3. What sound always makes Sebastien homesick?
(a) Mockingbirds singing
(b) Amabelle's voice
(c) Sugar cane stalks being cut
(d) Pigeons cooing
4. What emotion does Amabelle see in Luis' face as he watches Pico, Valencia and the babies together?
5. How long has Amabelle worked for Senora Valencia's family?
(a) Since she was a child
(b) Her entire life
(c) 1 year
(d) Since Sebastien came to the farm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pico name his son after?
2. What image marks the beginning of the sugar cane harvest?
3. Which of the following is NOT a part of the Dominican coat of arms?
4. Who had Pico courted before Senora Valencia?
5. What is Amabelle doing when she hears Senora Valencia scream?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)