|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amabelle dreams of her mother, what does she picture the woman wearing?
(a) A dress made of river water
(b) A dress made of glass
(c) Her wedding dress
(d) The clothes she was wearing the day she died
2. When Sebastien is talking in his sleep, what does he tell Amabelle he wants to do?
(a) Go back to Haiti
(b) Give her a red satin ribbon
(c) Marry her
(d) Fly a kite
3. Why does Sebastien tell of his father's death using third person narration?
(a) The memory of his father's death is unclear to him
(b) The memory is too painful for him
(c) He is angry at his father for dying
(d) He was not present when his father died
4. Why are the Haitian immigrant children born in the Dominican Republic not able to attend "proper schools?"
(a) They are not Christians. Only Christians can attend the top schools
(b) They do not speak Spanish
(c) The government will not give them the papers they need to enroll
(d) Their skin color prevents them from being accepted into these schools
5. What information does Yves give Amabelle that makes her hopeful Sebastien and Mimi were able to cross the river?
(a) The massacre of Haitians by the Dominicans has stopped
(b) Many people are crossing the river everyday now
(c) Yves has left directions for them at each stop on the river
(d) The water level in the river has dropped
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Yves and Amabelle plan to go when they leave the clinic?
2. Where are Sebastien and Amabelle from originally?
3. What does Father Romain encourage his congregants to do?
4. What image marks the beginning of the sugar cane harvest?
5. Why does Amabelle visit Man Denise's house on a daily basis?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)