|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Senora Valencia's mother die?
(a) During a hurricane
(b) Of old age
(c) In childbirth
2. What prompted Sebastien to leave Haiti?
(a) He wanted to marry Amabelle
(b) The war between Haiti and the Dominican Republic
(c) A hurricane that destroyed his family's property and killed his father
(d) A tornado that destroyed his family's property and killed his father
3. What information does Yves give Amabelle that makes her hopeful Sebastien and Mimi were able to cross the river?
(a) Many people are crossing the river everyday now
(b) The water level in the river has dropped
(c) Yves has left directions for them at each stop on the river
(d) The massacre of Haitians by the Dominicans has stopped
4. Why is it ironic to Juana that Senora Valencia has twins?
(a) Her mother looked like she was having twins when she had Valencia
(b) Twins are a sign of good luck
(c) Her mother always dreamed Valencia would have twins
(d) Juana always wanted to have twins
5. Where do Yves and Amabelle plan to go when they leave the clinic?
(a) Back to Alegria to look for Sebastien and Mimi
(b) Amabelle's family land
(c) Sebastien's mother's house
(d) Yves' mother's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound always makes Sebastien homesick?
2. What does Amabelle notice about Dona Sabine's home that makes her concerned "another Yanki invasion was coming?"
3. Where are Sebastien and Amabelle from originally?
4. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
5. What does Father Romain encourage his congregants to do?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)