|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in the clinic share stories of?
(a) Their former lives in the Dominican Republic
(b) The slaughter of Haitian immigrants that they witnessed
(c) The happier times in the past
(d) The deaths of their parents
2. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
(a) A letter to the Generalissimo
(b) His will
(c) His autobiography
(d) A letter to his daughter
3. What image marks the beginning of the sugar cane harvest?
(a) The smoke coming from the sugar cane factory
(b) The sound of men chopping the cane with machetes
(c) The smoke from the fires in the harvesters' camp
(d) The smoke from the fires in the fields
4. What shocks Amabelle about Man Rapadou's storytelling?
(a) It sounds as if she is reciting poetry
(b) She is able to laugh at sad stories
(c) It is highly detailed
(d) She remembers every detail of every event
5. What prompted Sebastien to leave Haiti?
(a) A hurricane that destroyed his family's property and killed his father
(b) A tornado that destroyed his family's property and killed his father
(c) He wanted to marry Amabelle
(d) The war between Haiti and the Dominican Republic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amabelle notice about Dona Sabine's home that makes her concerned "another Yanki invasion was coming?"
2. Why did Amabelle's father move her away from her mother's cooking pot when she was a child?
3. What quality does Amabelle tell Sebastien she loved most in her father?
4. Who does Dona Sabine gesture to to come into her home?
5. Why was Amabelle jealous of the people her father helped?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)