|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amabelle stand over Odette's body for a long time?
(a) She is frightened the same will happen to her
(b) She is saying the last rites for her friend
(c) She wants to make sure the woman will not come back to life
(d) She cannot say goodbye to her because her death with always be with Amabelle
2. When Amabelle dreams of her mother, what does she picture the woman wearing?
(a) Her wedding dress
(b) The clothes she was wearing the day she died
(c) A dress made of river water
(d) A dress made of glass
3. What strikes Amabelle as she witnesses a woman having her leg amputated?
(a) The doctor's hand
(b) A drop of her own blood
(c) The woman's leg
(d) A drop of the woman's blood
4. How did Amabelle come to work for Senora Valencia's family?
(a) She and Sebastien both applied for jobs at their farm
(b) The river rats sold her to Senora Valencia's family
(c) They adopted her after her parents died
(d) They found her at the river after her parents died
5. What does Father Romain encourage his congregants to do?
(a) Attend church
(b) Educate themselves
(c) Remember their homeland
(d) Protect themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Amabelle tell Sebastien she loved most in her father?
2. What information does Yves give Amabelle that makes her hopeful Sebastien and Mimi were able to cross the river?
3. What does Beatriz find Papi writing?
4. What shocks Amabelle about Man Rapadou's storytelling?
5. How did Senora Valencia's mother die?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)