1. What does the narrator have recurrent nightmares about?
(a) Sebastien dying
(b) Her parents abandoning her
(c) Sebastien leaving her
(d) Her parents drowning
2. How have Sebastien's hands become scarred?
(a) Working in the sugar factory
(b) Cutting sugar cane stalks
(c) Building his home
(d) Escaping from the Dominican Republic
3. What does the narrator say she played with when she was a child?
(a) Sugar cane stalks
(b) A doll
(c) Her shadow
(d) Her sisters
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways the narrator characterizes Sebastien?
5. Why does Sebastien insist on remaining in the dark while with the narrator?
(a) He is embarrassed by the scars on his hands and face
(b) He wants her to learn to trust him even when she cannot see him
(c) He wants her to know only his voice
(d) He doesn't want the neighbors to know he is there
This section contains 5,667 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)