Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
2. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
3. Catherine is concerned that the new baby will:
4. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
5. Life continues ____________ for Frederic and Catherine through the winter.
Essay Topic 1
In this novel, the characters become increasingly acquainted with the horrors of war.
Part 1 - How does Frederic's attitude about the danger of war change in this novel?
Part 2- How do the soldiers cope with the horrors that they see? How are their coping mechanisms alike/different? Do these coping mechanisms really help them?
Essay Topic 2
What is Frederic's attitude toward his own mortality in this novel? Does his attitude change, and if so, how significant is this change? What does the subject of death contribute to this story? Why is it important to acknowledge one's own mortality?
Essay Topic 3
Character development is an essential element of a novel. Select a character and discuss how that character changes throughout the course of the novel. Be sure to:
- describe the character at the beginning of the novel;
- discuss events that contribute to that character's change;
- describe the changed character;
- discuss how the changes in the character propel the plot.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)