Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
2. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
3. Catherine is concerned that the new baby will:
4. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
5. Life continues ____________ for Frederic and Catherine through the winter.
Catherine and Frederic are both influential characters in this book. Which character do you feel was more influential and why? Did this character experience more or less change than the other? Discuss the influence this character had on the other, as well as the story.
The question of why Frederic has joined the army is never directly answered in this novel. Why do you think Frederic joined the Italian army? Be sure to consider knowledge of his character, events, and other information you find relevant for your discussion.
In Chapter 32, Frederic decides he is done with the army. In this chapter, one can perceive Frederic as the protagonist and "war" as the antagonist. This was discussed during this lesson. Considering the end of the novel, is Frederic, our protagonist, the typical hero? Do you think he perceives himself as a hero? Why do you think Hemingway chose to portray his protagonist as having such a self-perception?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)