|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A change in Catherine's behavior in Chapter 40 is that. . .
(a) she eats more.
(b) she complains more.
(c) she stays in bed more.
(d) she exercises more.
2. Frederic's son dies from:
(b) fetal distress in utero
(c) a hemorrhage
(d) inability to breathe
3. When the men arrive in Udine, the battle police. . .
(a) provide them with food and wine.
(b) insist they rest.
(c) seek medical treatment for their wounds.
(d) arrest and question them.
4. These two men finally reach Udine:
(a) Frederic and Bonello
(b) Bonello and Piani
(c) Frederic and Piani
(d) Frederic and Aymo
5. Frederic and Catherine's relationship continues to be:
(b) in jeopardy
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic's situation in the train proves that in times of war, it helps a soldier to:
2. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
3. Catherine and Frederic spend the days:
4. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
5. How does Frederic feel about patriotism?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)