|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, another obstacle that arises for the group is they. . .
(a) realize they are lost.
(b) get stuck in the mud.
(c) are discovered in the farmhouse.
(d) are divided in opinion as to what to do next.
2. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man was too scared to continue.
(b) the man is weak.
(c) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
(d) the man was tired of the war.
3. Travel in town becomes difficult because of:
4. Once again, water symbolizes __________ for Frederic.
(c) a barrier
5. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
2. Frederic and Catherine obtain ________ at the border town.
3. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
4. Catherine is concerned that the new baby will:
5. Frederic and Catherine arrive in Switzerland feeling _____________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)