|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's feelings about his new mountain home?
(a) He is content with this lovely place.
(b) He dislikes the Swiss weather.
(c) He is worried he will be found.
(d) He copes with his new home, but is homesick for America.
2. Hemingway's journalist writing style changes slightly in Chapter 32 to be more:
3. When are the police expected to come for Frederic?
(a) they are not coming
(b) that night
(c) the next afternoon
(d) the next morning
4. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
5. The man who sees Frederic depart the train:
(a) threatens to turn Frederic in
(b) offers Frederic a job
(c) tells Frederic he has seen Catherine
(d) offers to help Frederic obtain leave papers
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
2. Catherine's thoughts on marriage are that. . .
3. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
4. While under the tarps, Frederic imagines. . .
5. Catherine is concerned that the new baby will:
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)