|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
2. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
(a) He tries to get back to her.
(b) He cries over her.
(c) He writes her many letters.
(d) He has a dream about her.
3. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a fresh new field
(b) the water
(c) a bright sky
(d) a locket from Catherine
4. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
(a) He correctly reads the map to get to Udine.
(b) He teaches the men about ambulance machinery.
(c) He knows the bridge would be safe for a single man to cross.
(d) He lectures the men on the war.
5. Catherine and Frederic describe the pregnancy as something that is:
(a) driving them apart
(b) frightening them
(c) smothering their love
(d) hurrying them
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 41, Catherine dies. . .
2. As a fugitive, Frederic decides. . .
3. Which statement best describes Catherine's mood as they travel?
4. Travel in town becomes difficult because of:
5. Catherine's plan to help Frederic during their night journey is to:
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)