|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
(a) discuss giving themselves up.
(b) rebandage their wounds.
(c) sleep for three hours.
(d) find food and water.
2. Which statement best describes Gino?
(a) He has given up on the war and his county.
(b) He feels the soldiers need to try harder.
(c) He is patriotic, but realistic at the war's probable outcome.
(d) He is patriotic and is offended at talk of losing the war.
3. Catherine _________ Frederic's beard.
4. The bartender offers his __________ to Frederic and Catherine for escape to Switzerland.
5. When Frederic returns from lunch, Catherine assures him. . .
(a) the baby will be a boy.
(b) she cannot take any more pain.
(c) she will not die.
(d) they can take the baby back to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
2. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
3. Despite Catherine's pregnancy going well so far, her. . .
4. Frederic departs the train in:
5. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)