Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
2. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
(a) They are constantly fighting with one another.
(b) They turn around and walk away.
(c) They start speaking in Austrian.
(d) They are fidgeting a lot.
3. Catherine is concerned that the new baby will:
(a) force them to be married
(b) come between them
(c) be underweight
(d) be unhealthy
4. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
(a) Count Greffi
5. Life continues ____________ for Frederic and Catherine through the winter.
6. Frederic and Catherine arrive in Switzerland feeling _____________.
7. Despite Catherine's pregnancy going well so far, her. . .
(a) mental state is declining.
(b) body is now overtaxed.
(c) concern for the coming child may foreshadow problems.
(d) love for Frederic begins to wane.
8. As a fugitive, Frederic decides. . .
(a) not to take any chances with anyone.
(b) openly trust his closest friends.
(c) to remain in Milan.
(d) to turn himself in.
9. When Frederic emerges from the river, he. . .
(a) sleeps for two hours.
(b) cuts the stars off of his jacket.
(c) immediately thinks of Catherine.
(d) runs to a nearby village.
10. Catherine's thoughts on marriage are that. . .
(a) she does not believe in marriage.
(b) she will not get married while she is pregnant.
(c) she wants to get married before the baby comes.
(d) she does not love Frederic enough to marry him.
11. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
(a) an image
(b) a figure of speech
(c) a metaphor
(d) a symbol
12. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(b) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(c) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(d) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
13. Travel in town becomes difficult because of:
14. Frederic departs the train in:
15. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(c) a rainbow
(d) a train
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
2. Once again, water symbolizes __________ for Frederic.
3. When the men arrive in Udine, the battle police. . .
4. The porter knows Catherine and Frederic are not just taking a walk. Which of the following reasons does not convince the porter of this fact?
5. Frederic and Catherine's relationship continues to be:
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)