Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(c) a few
2. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(c) She dislikes Henry.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
3. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
4. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) driving his ambulance
(b) doing physical therapy
(c) instructing incoming troops
(d) recovering in a villa
5. It is __________ when Frederic and Catherine part at the train station.
6. In Chapter 22, Frederic comes down with ________.
(d) small pox
7. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
(a) in a shared berth
(b) in a private berth
(c) on the floor
(d) in his seat
8. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have withered away
(b) have strengthened
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have stayed the same
9. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) right shoulder
(b) right knee and foot
(c) left knee and foot
10. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
11. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(c) They are fair acquaintences.
(d) They do not really know each other that well.
12. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
(a) indecisive as to whether or not to continue this relationship
(b) confident in their love
(d) insecure about the relationship
13. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
14. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
15. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(b) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(c) He abhors Italian social customs.
(d) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
2. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
4. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
5. Frederic's sweet reference to the baby in Chapter 24 seems to indicate:
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)