|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Catherine's mood as they travel?
(a) She is energetic, yet pessimistic.
(b) She is exhausted and fearful.
(c) She is cheerful, yet apprehensive.
(d) She is cheerful and optimistic.
2. Frederic sends out a porter to:
(a) purchase a gun for him
(b) send a note to Catherine
(c) change his train ticket
(d) save him a seat on a train
3. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
(a) Love is a part of life.
(b) Love hurts everyone in the end.
(c) Catherine and Frederic will share a great love.
(d) Love benefits everyone.
4. In Chapter 29, another obstacle that arises for the group is they. . .
(a) realize they are lost.
(b) are discovered in the farmhouse.
(c) get stuck in the mud.
(d) are divided in opinion as to what to do next.
5. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(b) Frederic's quick recovery
(c) their friends
(d) the pressure of war
Short Answer Questions
1. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
2. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
3. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
4. While under the tarps, Frederic imagines. . .
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)