|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bartender offers his __________ to Frederic and Catherine for escape to Switzerland.
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(b) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
3. In Chapter 29, another obstacle that arises for the group is they. . .
(a) get stuck in the mud.
(b) realize they are lost.
(c) are discovered in the farmhouse.
(d) are divided in opinion as to what to do next.
4. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
5. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He does not think about it.
(b) He writes to Catherine.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
2. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
3. Which statement best describes Catherine's mood as they travel?
4. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
5. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)