|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before heading for Catherine, Frederic visits:
(a) Ralph Simmons
(b) Mr. Myers
(c) Helen Ferguson
(d) Edgar Saunders
2. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
(a) in a private berth
(b) on the floor
(c) in a shared berth
(d) in his seat
3. When are the police expected to come for Frederic?
(a) they are not coming
(b) that night
(c) the next morning
(d) the next afternoon
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Barkley
(d) Miss Van Campen
5. Frederic and Catherine arrive in Switzerland feeling _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic can not fully escape the war because. . .
2. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
3. When the men arrive in Udine, the battle police. . .
4. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
5. What does Frederic do until the spring?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)