|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) doing physical therapy
(b) instructing incoming troops
(c) recovering in a villa
(d) driving his ambulance
2. What is the cargo of the car in which Frederic has stowed away?
(c) medical supplies
3. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
(b) The United States does not care to be involved.
(c) The United States will remain neutral.
(d) The United States will declare war.
4. Frederic borrows ____________ from his singer friend.
(a) a compass
(b) a map
(c) a set of civilian clothes
(d) a new uniform
5. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) the war
(b) getting fired
(c) the rain
(d) Frederic's friends
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is excellent at billiards and asks Frederic to play a game?
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
3. In Chapter 22, Frederic comes down with ________.
4. After being arrested, Frederic lies to the police and tells them. . .
5. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)