|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He not say goodbye to her.
(b) He promises to write to her.
(c) He forget about her.
(d) He marry her.
2. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
(c) the priest
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) find food
(c) receive new orders
(d) write to Catherine
4. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(b) They are fair acquaintences.
(c) They do not really know each other that well.
(d) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
5. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(b) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(c) He abhors Italian social customs.
(d) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Frederic comes down with ________.
2. Catherine _________ Frederic's beard.
3. While under the tarps, Frederic imagines. . .
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
5. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)