|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
(a) He loses money gambling.
(b) He argues with Frederic.
(c) He tells secrets about his new girlfriend.
(d) He speaks rudely of Catherine.
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) spend the night together
(b) read romantic books to one another
(c) sneak out for an easy walk
(d) profess their love to one another
3. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
4. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
5. In Chapter 22, Frederic comes down with ________.
(c) small pox
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 40, Catherine is approximately:
2. Catherine and Frederic decide to move to Lausanne because. . .
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
4. The bartender offers his __________ to Frederic and Catherine for escape to Switzerland.
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)