|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have withered away
(b) have strengthened
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have stayed the same
2. Before heading for Catherine, Frederic visits:
(a) Ralph Simmons
(b) Edgar Saunders
(c) Helen Ferguson
(d) Mr. Myers
3. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
4. In Chapter 32, Frederic decides for sure that he. . .
(a) is ready to go home.
(b) really needs to see Catherine.
(c) is ready to be a father.
(d) is done with the army.
5. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) taking his group off the main road for safety
(c) deciding to return to the battlefield
(d) successfully getting his group to Udine
Short Answer Questions
1. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
2. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
5. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)