|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
(a) fills out all the paperwork
(b) works all the night shifts
(c) empties all the bed pans
(d) handles all the complaints
2. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
(a) have more fun while in the hospital
(b) numb the pain of his injuries
(c) be more interesting to Catherine
(d) numb the effects of the war
3. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(b) Frederic Henry
(c) the major
(d) the priest
5. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) taking his group off the main road for safety
(c) successfully getting his group to Udine
(d) deciding to return to the battlefield
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
2. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
3. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
4. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
5. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)