|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
2. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) are not often seen in public together
(b) want to spend time with their friends at the races
(c) are often seen in public together
(d) do not want to be alone together
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Gage
(d) Miss Van Campen
4. Frederic's motives for joining the war are not clear in this novel. By Chapter 35, Frederic makes this statement about joining the Italian war effort.
5. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
(a) dicuss names for the baby
(b) start their honeymoon
(c) pretend it is their fancy home
(d) rest while they can
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
2. Catherine's thoughts on marriage are that. . .
3. Frederic and the Count engage in a meaningful discussion about:
4. Frederic and Catherine arrive in Switzerland feeling _____________.
5. Frederic departs the train in:
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)