|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the police expected to come for Frederic?
(a) the next morning
(b) they are not coming
(c) that night
(d) the next afternoon
2. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He says he has not seen her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
3. Which statement best describes Frederics feelings about spending time away from Catherine?
(a) His life is empty when he is not with her.
(b) He feels their connection is waning.
(c) He enjoys time as a couple, but appreciates alone time.
(d) He is starting to feel the pressure of their relationship.
4. Which statement best describes the attitude Frederic took when he first fired at the fleeing sergeants?
5. Frederic states that this commodity cannot win a war, but can certainly lose one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
2. Who tells Frederic that Catherine has left Milan?
3. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
4. Catherine is concerned that the new baby will:
5. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)