|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
(b) about the same
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
(a) Carriage rides
(b) All of the above
(c) Dining out
(d) Spending time together in the hospital
3. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
(c) Count Greffi
4. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) the rain
(b) getting fired
(c) Frederic's friends
(d) the war
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is excellent at billiards and asks Frederic to play a game?
2. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
3. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
4. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)