|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's feelings about his new mountain home?
(a) He is worried he will be found.
(b) He dislikes the Swiss weather.
(c) He is content with this lovely place.
(d) He copes with his new home, but is homesick for America.
2. Before heading for Catherine, Frederic visits:
(a) Edgar Saunders
(b) Helen Ferguson
(c) Ralph Simmons
(d) Mr. Myers
3. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a bright sky
(b) a locket from Catherine
(c) the water
(d) a fresh new field
4. The priest wishes to be back home in:
5. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(b) He dislikes Americans.
(c) He is insane.
(d) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
3. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
4. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
5. These two men finally reach Udine:
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)