|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(b) inspect the trenches
(c) rotate the ambulance tires
(d) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
2. Catherine is fearful that Frederic now views her as:
(d) a burden
3. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(d) a hankercheif from Catherine
4. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a fresh new field
(b) the water
(c) a locket from Catherine
(d) a bright sky
5. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
2. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
3. Frederic borrows ____________ from his singer friend.
4. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
5. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)