|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) successfully getting his group to Udine
(c) deciding to return to the battlefield
(d) taking his group off the main road for safety
2. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) doing physical therapy
(b) recovering in a villa
(c) driving his ambulance
(d) instructing incoming troops
3. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
(a) They are fidgeting a lot.
(b) They are constantly fighting with one another.
(c) They start speaking in Austrian.
(d) They turn around and walk away.
4. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
(a) makes a run for the river
(b) write a final letter to Catherine
(c) pleads for mercy
(d) admits his guilt
5. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) the following night
(b) in two days
(c) next week
(d) the following morning
Short Answer Questions
1. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
2. Hemingway's journalist writing style changes slightly in Chapter 32 to be more:
3. Which character is excellent at billiards and asks Frederic to play a game?
4. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
5. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)