|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
2. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) The war will continue for many years.
(b) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(c) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(d) The men are becoming more aggressive.
3. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
4. Frederic's situation in the train proves that in times of war, it helps a soldier to:
(a) write often to family members
(b) talk to friends about his missed loved ones
(c) be connected closely to family
(d) be detached or uninvolved regarding loved ones
5. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
Short Answer Questions
1. During the retreat, the men stop in ________ to change the oil on the ambulances.
2. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
3. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
4. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
5. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)