|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He abhors Italian social customs.
(b) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
2. When back with the main retreat, Frederic mentions he is:
(a) an atheist
(b) a socialist
(c) a Protestant
(d) a Catholic
3. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(c) She dislikes Henry.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war needs to end at any cost.
(b) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(c) Both A and B
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
2. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
3. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
4. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
5. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)