|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hemingway's journalist writing style changes slightly in Chapter 32 to be more:
2. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(c) a train
(d) a rainbow
3. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
(a) pleads for mercy
(b) makes a run for the river
(c) write a final letter to Catherine
(d) admits his guilt
4. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States does not care to be involved.
(b) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
(c) The United States will declare war.
(d) The United States will remain neutral.
5. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
(a) in a shared berth
(b) on the floor
(c) in his seat
(d) in a private berth
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest wishes to be back home in:
2. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
3. The man who sees Frederic depart the train:
4. Frederic's motives for joining the war are not clear in this novel. By Chapter 35, Frederic makes this statement about joining the Italian war effort.
5. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)