|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic's sweet reference to the baby in Chapter 24 seems to indicate:
(a) that Frederic will desert his post and stay with Catherine
(b) that Frederic is getting used to the idea of having a baby
(c) that Frederic is ready to marry Catherine
(d) that Frederic has selected a name for the baby
2. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
3. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(d) He dislikes Americans.
4. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
(a) an image
(b) a figure of speech
(c) a symbol
(d) a metaphor
5. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
(a) He lectures the men on the war.
(b) He teaches the men about ambulance machinery.
(c) He correctly reads the map to get to Udine.
(d) He knows the bridge would be safe for a single man to cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem Frederic encounters when he gets on the train?
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
4. In actuality, Aymo is killed by:
5. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)