|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) volume of people
(b) lack of food
(c) enemy attacks
(d) high morale of the troops
2. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
(a) He tried to kiss her.
(b) He did not send a note telling her he would be away.
(c) She discovered he had visited a brothel.
(d) He visited her too often and Catherine got in trouble with the head nurse.
3. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(a) is disqualified
4. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(a) a few
5. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has seen British nurses.
(b) when the tourist season will begin.
(c) if he has news on the war.
(d) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
2. During the retreat, the men stop in ________ to change the oil on the ambulances.
3. In Chapter 32, Frederic decides for sure that he. . .
4. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
5. How does Frederic feel about patriotism?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)