|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(b) get married in a month
(c) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(d) vacation in the mountains
2. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
(b) the man was too scared to continue.
(c) the man was tired of the war.
(d) the man is weak.
3. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(c) She dislikes Henry.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
4. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He not say goodbye to her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Frederic that Catherine has left Milan?
2. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
3. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
5. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)