|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the attitude Frederic took when he first fired at the fleeing sergeants?
2. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She dislikes Henry.
(c) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
3. In actuality, Aymo is killed by:
(a) the surviving soldier of the two men they had picked up
(b) soldiers in the German bicycle unit
(c) the rear guard of the retreat
(d) his own hand
4. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) her secret with Frederic being found out
(b) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(c) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(d) being sent away for lack of work
5. While under the tarps, Frederic imagines. . .
(a) Catherine lying next to him.
(b) escaping from Europe.
(c) buying a home with Catherine.
(d) playing with his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
2. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)