|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a silver locket
(b) a picture of herself
(c) her Saint Anthony necklace
(d) her lace hankerchief
2. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Mrs. Walker
3. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(b) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
4. Count Greffi provides Frederic with this advice about growing older.
(a) People grow more wary as they grow wiser
(b) People care about growing wise
(c) People gain wisdom through great care
(d) People do not grow wiser, they grow more careful
5. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) driving his ambulance
(b) instructing incoming troops
(c) doing physical therapy
(d) recovering in a villa
Short Answer Questions
1. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
2. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
3. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
5. The man who sees Frederic depart the train:
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)