|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
(b) the man is weak.
(c) the man was too scared to continue.
(d) the man was tired of the war.
2. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
(a) tense and humorous
(b) light and humorous
(c) tense and melancholy
(d) tense and awkward
3. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
(a) The war will continue for another year.
(b) The Austrians are a strong opponent.
(c) The United States will join in the war.
(d) The war will not be over until someone surrenders.
4. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) Frederic's friends
(b) the war
(c) the rain
(d) getting fired
5. Which statement best describes the attitude Frederic took when he first fired at the fleeing sergeants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
2. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
3. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
4. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
5. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)