|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(c) is disqualified
2. Frederic and the Count engage in a meaningful discussion about:
(a) life and death
(b) books and death
(c) love and life lessons
(d) the war and newspapers
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) in two days
(b) the following morning
(c) next week
(d) the following night
4. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
(a) welcoming handshakes for serving the country.
(b) scornful looks from other soldiers.
(c) an old man as his seat companion.
(d) a friend of Catherine's.
5. Who tells Frederic that Catherine has left Milan?
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Frederic's former porter and his wife
(c) Helen Ferguson
(d) the man in the cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
3. Frederic departs the train in:
4. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
5. Which character is excellent at billiards and asks Frederic to play a game?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)