|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before heading for Catherine, Frederic visits:
(a) Helen Ferguson
(b) Edgar Saunders
(c) Ralph Simmons
(d) Mr. Myers
2. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
(a) does not understand love
(b) always comits fully to love
(c) he does not love much
(d) falls in love easily
3. Which statement best describes Frederics feelings about spending time away from Catherine?
(a) He feels their connection is waning.
(b) He is starting to feel the pressure of their relationship.
(c) He enjoys time as a couple, but appreciates alone time.
(d) His life is empty when he is not with her.
4. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man was too scared to continue.
(b) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
(c) the man was tired of the war.
(d) the man is weak.
5. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Mrs. Walker
Short Answer Questions
1. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
2. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
3. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
4. The man who sees Frederic depart the train:
5. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)