|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(c) They are fair acquaintences.
(d) They do not really know each other that well.
2. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Defeat is worse than the war.
(b) The war needs to end at any cost.
(c) Both A and B
(d) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
3. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
4. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(b) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(c) get married in a month
(d) vacation in the mountains
5. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Gage
(d) Mrs. Walker
Short Answer Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
2. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
3. After the attack, the men are ordered to:
4. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
5. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)