|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(b) He wants to marry Catherine.
(c) He wants to finish his duty.
(d) He is not afraid to fight.
2. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man is weak.
(b) the man was tired of the war.
(c) the man was too scared to continue.
(d) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
3. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has news on the war.
(b) if he has seen British nurses.
(c) when the tourist season will begin.
(d) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
4. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) a porter
(b) Catherine Barkley
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Helen Ferguson
5. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) the pressure of war
(b) their friends
(c) Frederic's quick recovery
(d) Catherine's tending to Frederic
Short Answer Questions
1. While under the tarps, Frederic imagines. . .
2. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
3. When back with the main retreat, Frederic mentions he is:
4. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
5. Hemingway's journalist writing style changes slightly in Chapter 32 to be more:
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)