|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) still remain bottled up
(b) have withered away
(c) have strengthened
(d) have stayed the same
2. In Chapter 32, Frederic decides for sure that he. . .
(a) is ready to be a father.
(b) is ready to go home.
(c) really needs to see Catherine.
(d) is done with the army.
3. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States does not care to be involved.
(b) The United States will declare war.
(c) The United States will remain neutral.
(d) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
4. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
(a) He knows the bridge would be safe for a single man to cross.
(b) He lectures the men on the war.
(c) He teaches the men about ambulance machinery.
(d) He correctly reads the map to get to Udine.
5. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest wishes to be back home in:
2. As a fugitive, Frederic decides. . .
3. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
4. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
5. Who tells Frederic that Catherine has left Milan?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)