|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
2. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States will remain neutral.
(b) The United States does not care to be involved.
(c) The United States will declare war.
(d) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
3. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) high morale of the troops
(b) enemy attacks
(c) volume of people
(d) lack of food
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(b) right knee and foot
(c) left knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
5. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(d) a hankercheif from Catherine
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
2. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
3. Which statement best describes the attitude Frederic took when he first fired at the fleeing sergeants?
4. Frederic departs the train in:
5. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)