|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) the head nurse
(c) a porter
2. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
(a) He teaches the men about ambulance machinery.
(b) He correctly reads the map to get to Udine.
(c) He knows the bridge would be safe for a single man to cross.
(d) He lectures the men on the war.
3. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Gage
(d) Miss Van Campen
4. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
5. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
(a) he is ashamed of his officer status.
(b) he is slowly going crazy.
(c) he wants to protect himself.
(d) he is done with the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
2. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
3. It is __________ when Frederic and Catherine part at the train station.
4. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
5. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)