|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) high morale of the troops
(b) volume of people
(c) enemy attacks
(d) lack of food
2. The priest wishes to be back home in:
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(b) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(c) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(d) He abhors Italian social customs.
4. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
(a) a photo
(b) a comb
(c) a Bible
(d) a toothbrush
5. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(a) a train
(c) a rainbow
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
3. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
4. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
5. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)