|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
(a) the couple being afraid of being seen at the hotel
(b) Catherine's reassignment to another hospital
(c) the couple's wish to meet each other's families
(d) the reality that Frederic is leaving for battle and may not return
2. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
(a) write a final letter to Catherine
(b) admits his guilt
(c) makes a run for the river
(d) pleads for mercy
3. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) right knee and foot
(c) left knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) the major
(b) Frederic Henry
(d) the priest
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
3. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
4. In actuality, Aymo is killed by:
5. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)