|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
(a) tense and awkward
(b) tense and humorous
(c) light and humorous
(d) tense and melancholy
2. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
3. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
4. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
(a) rest while they can
(b) start their honeymoon
(c) dicuss names for the baby
(d) pretend it is their fancy home
5. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
(a) He tried to kiss her.
(b) He did not send a note telling her he would be away.
(c) He visited her too often and Catherine got in trouble with the head nurse.
(d) She discovered he had visited a brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time setting of this story?
2. Frederic sends out a porter to:
3. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
4. When back with the main retreat, Frederic mentions he is:
5. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)