|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(b) He is wavering in his faith.
(c) He seems to be more sure of himself.
(d) He has given up on the troops.
2. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
(a) have more fun while in the hospital
(b) numb the pain of his injuries
(c) numb the effects of the war
(d) be more interesting to Catherine
3. These two men finally reach Udine:
(a) Frederic and Aymo
(b) Frederic and Bonello
(c) Bonello and Piani
(d) Frederic and Piani
4. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(b) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(c) get married in a month
(d) vacation in the mountains
5. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man is weak.
(b) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
(c) the man was tired of the war.
(d) the man was too scared to continue.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
2. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
3. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
4. While on a walk with Catherine, Frederic purchases:
5. After the attack, the men are ordered to:
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)