|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
(a) a Bible
(b) a comb
(c) a photo
(d) a toothbrush
2. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Defeat is worse than the war.
(b) The war needs to end at any cost.
(c) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(d) Both A and B
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) driving his ambulance
(b) doing physical therapy
(c) recovering in a villa
(d) instructing incoming troops
4. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
(a) two soldiers and two women.
(b) four townspeople.
(c) two married couples.
(d) two prisoners and two women.
5. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a fresh new field
(b) a bright sky
(c) the water
(d) a locket from Catherine
Short Answer Questions
1. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
2. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
3. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
4. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
5. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)