|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
(a) small pox
2. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(c) a porter
(d) the head nurse
3. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
(a) he wants to protect himself.
(b) he is done with the army.
(c) he is ashamed of his officer status.
(d) he is slowly going crazy.
4. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) Catherine Barkley
(b) a porter
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Helen Ferguson
5. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(b) a rainbow
(d) a train
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
2. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
3. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
4. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
5. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)