|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
(b) the priest
2. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Visits his home
(b) Goes on leave
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Is in the hospital
3. At the car, what is odd about the behavior of the two soldiers that joined Frederic's group?
(a) They are fidgeting a lot.
(b) They turn around and walk away.
(c) They are constantly fighting with one another.
(d) They start speaking in Austrian.
4. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Defeat is worse than the war.
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Both A and B
5. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) doing physical therapy
(b) driving his ambulance
(c) instructing incoming troops
(d) recovering in a villa
Short Answer Questions
1. After the attack, the men are ordered to:
2. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
4. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
5. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)