|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
(a) He writes her many letters.
(b) He cries over her.
(c) He has a dream about her.
(d) He tries to get back to her.
2. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
(a) the war
(b) being away from home
(c) being disrespected
(d) All of the above
3. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
(a) He speaks rudely of Catherine.
(b) He tells secrets about his new girlfriend.
(c) He loses money gambling.
(d) He argues with Frederic.
4. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
(a) return to the front immediately.
(b) be reassigned.
(c) take a three-week leave.
(d) return home.
5. Frederic's sweet reference to the baby in Chapter 24 seems to indicate:
(a) that Frederic is ready to marry Catherine
(b) that Frederic has selected a name for the baby
(c) that Frederic will desert his post and stay with Catherine
(d) that Frederic is getting used to the idea of having a baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time setting of this story?
2. What does Frederic do until the spring?
3. In Chapter 29, another obstacle that arises for the group is they. . .
4. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
5. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)