|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) high morale of the troops
(b) enemy attacks
(c) lack of food
(d) volume of people
2. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
(a) works all the night shifts
(b) fills out all the paperwork
(c) empties all the bed pans
(d) handles all the complaints
3. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
(a) dicuss names for the baby
(b) start their honeymoon
(c) pretend it is their fancy home
(d) rest while they can
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He not say goodbye to her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He forget about her.
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(d) in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
2. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
4. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
5. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)