|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(b) telephone operator
(c) Red Cross worker
2. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
3. Which statement best describes Gino?
(a) He is patriotic and is offended at talk of losing the war.
(b) He is patriotic, but realistic at the war's probable outcome.
(c) He has given up on the war and his county.
(d) He feels the soldiers need to try harder.
4. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
(c) about the same
5. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(b) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(c) rotate the ambulance tires
(d) inspect the trenches
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic emerges from the river, he. . .
2. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
3. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
4. This is the name of the ambulance driver Frederic relieves in Chapter 27.
5. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)