|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
(a) he wants to protect himself.
(b) he is slowly going crazy.
(c) he is done with the army.
(d) he is ashamed of his officer status.
2. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a locket from Catherine
(b) a fresh new field
(c) the water
(d) a bright sky
3. While on a walk with Catherine, Frederic purchases:
(a) a train ticket
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) a gun
(d) theatre tickets
4. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(b) inspect the trenches
(c) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(d) rotate the ambulance tires
5. The fact that one man from Frederic's group gave himself up to the Germans as a prisoner or war tells Frederic that. . .
(a) the man is weak.
(b) the man was too scared to continue.
(c) the man was tired of the war.
(d) the man lost faith in Frederic as a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
2. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
3. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
4. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
5. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)