|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) inspect the trenches
(b) rotate the ambulance tires
(c) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(d) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
2. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
3. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
(a) admits his guilt
(b) write a final letter to Catherine
(c) pleads for mercy
(d) makes a run for the river
4. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
(a) tense and humorous
(b) light and humorous
(c) tense and awkward
(d) tense and melancholy
5. What is the problem Frederic encounters when he gets on the train?
(a) His ticket is for the wrong destination.
(b) His luggage has been misplaced.
(c) His seat being saved by the porter gets taken from him.
(d) He does not have enough money for his ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
2. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
3. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
4. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
5. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)