|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) instructing incoming troops
(b) driving his ambulance
(c) recovering in a villa
(d) doing physical therapy
2. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) a porter
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Catherine Barkley
(d) Helen Ferguson
3. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Miss Gage
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Ferguson
4. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
(a) He tells secrets about his new girlfriend.
(b) He argues with Frederic.
(c) He speaks rudely of Catherine.
(d) He loses money gambling.
5. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
4. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
5. These are two obstacles Frederic faces while in the river.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)