|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Gage
(d) Miss Van Campen
2. In actuality, Aymo is killed by:
(a) his own hand
(b) the rear guard of the retreat
(c) soldiers in the German bicycle unit
(d) the surviving soldier of the two men they had picked up
3. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
(a) always comits fully to love
(b) falls in love easily
(c) does not understand love
(d) he does not love much
4. Who shoots the already wounded soldier with the purpose to kill him?
(c) the other soldier
(d) one of the women
5. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(b) vacation in the mountains
(c) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(d) get married in a month
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
2. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
3. Once on foot, where do the women head?
4. When Frederic emerges from the river, he. . .
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)