|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(a) Red Cross worker
(b) telephone operator
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(b) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(c) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
3. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) profess their love to one another
(b) read romantic books to one another
(c) sneak out for an easy walk
(d) spend the night together
4. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
5. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
(a) being away from home
(b) All of the above
(c) being disrespected
(d) the war
Short Answer Questions
1. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
3. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
4. What is the time setting of this story?
5. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)