|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She is in love with Henry.
(c) She dislikes Henry.
(d) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
2. In Chapter 22, Frederic comes down with ________.
(a) small pox
3. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) want to spend time with their friends at the races
(b) are not often seen in public together
(c) are often seen in public together
(d) do not want to be alone together
4. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) Frederic's friends
(b) the rain
(c) getting fired
(d) the war
5. Frederic sends out a porter to:
(a) change his train ticket
(b) send a note to Catherine
(c) save him a seat on a train
(d) purchase a gun for him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
4. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
5. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)