|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
2. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
3. What is the problem Frederic encounters when he gets on the train?
(a) His ticket is for the wrong destination.
(b) His seat being saved by the porter gets taken from him.
(c) He does not have enough money for his ticket.
(d) His luggage has been misplaced.
4. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) a porter
(c) the head nurse
5. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are fair acquaintences.
(b) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(c) They do not really know each other that well.
(d) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
2. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
3. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
4. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
5. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)