|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
(a) tense and awkward
(b) light and humorous
(c) tense and melancholy
(d) tense and humorous
2. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a silver locket
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) her Saint Anthony necklace
(d) a picture of herself
3. What endearing term does Frederic use to refer to the baby?
(a) Baby Catherine
(b) Little Catherine
(c) Mini Catherine
(d) Baby Henry
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
5. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
2. Frederic's sweet reference to the baby in Chapter 24 seems to indicate:
3. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
4. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
5. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)