|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
2. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a trial
(b) a blessing
(c) a game
(d) an inconvenience
3. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
(a) the reality that Frederic is leaving for battle and may not return
(b) the couple's wish to meet each other's families
(c) the couple being afraid of being seen at the hotel
(d) Catherine's reassignment to another hospital
4. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Fall of 1916
(b) Summer of 1916
(c) Spring of 1917
(d) Spring of 1916
5. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) want to spend time with their friends at the races
(b) do not want to be alone together
(c) are not often seen in public together
(d) are often seen in public together
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
2. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
3. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
4. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
5. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)