|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Goes on leave
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Visits his home
2. Catherine reveals to Frederic in Chapter 21 that she is. . .
(a) going home.
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) recovering in a villa
(b) instructing incoming troops
(c) driving his ambulance
(d) doing physical therapy
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Barkley
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Miss Van Campen
5. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
2. Frederic's sweet reference to the baby in Chapter 24 seems to indicate:
3. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
4. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
5. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)