|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) read romantic books to one another
(b) profess their love to one another
(c) spend the night together
(d) sneak out for an easy walk
2. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Gage
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Miss Van Campen
3. What is odd about Frederic and Catherine's discussion in the hotel?
(a) The couple only discuss the politics of the war.
(b) Both Catherine and Frederic openly discuss the pregnancy.
(c) Frederic wants to talk about Catherine's pregnancy, but she does not want to.
(d) Catherine wants to talk about her pregnancy, but Frederic refuses.
4. While on a walk with Catherine, Frederic purchases:
(a) a gun
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) theatre tickets
(d) a train ticket
5. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(b) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(c) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic sends out a porter to:
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)