|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem Frederic encounters when he gets on the train?
(a) His seat being saved by the porter gets taken from him.
(b) His luggage has been misplaced.
(c) His ticket is for the wrong destination.
(d) He does not have enough money for his ticket.
2. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
3. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Frederic's quick recovery
(b) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(c) their friends
(d) the pressure of war
4. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(b) He is insane.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He dislikes Americans.
5. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She dislikes Henry.
(b) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(c) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
3. What endearing term does Frederic use to refer to the baby?
4. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
5. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)