|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Spring of 1917
(b) Summer of 1916
(c) Spring of 1916
(d) Fall of 1916
2. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Miss Barkley
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Van Campen
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He says he has not seen her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
5. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) a porter
(d) the head nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
2. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
3. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
4. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)