|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(c) Red Cross worker
(d) telephone operator
2. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) an inconvenience
(b) a blessing
(c) a game
(d) a trial
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) inspect the trenches
(b) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(c) rotate the ambulance tires
(d) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
4. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He speaks rudely of her.
(d) He says he has not seen her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
4. It is __________ when Frederic and Catherine part at the train station.
5. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)