|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
(a) light and humorous
(b) tense and melancholy
(c) tense and awkward
(d) tense and humorous
2. It is __________ when Frederic and Catherine part at the train station.
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) driving his ambulance
(b) recovering in a villa
(c) instructing incoming troops
(d) doing physical therapy
4. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Both A and B
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on a walk with Catherine, Frederic purchases:
2. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
3. In Chapter 22, Frederic comes down with ________.
4. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
5. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)