|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What endearing term does Frederic use to refer to the baby?
(a) Mini Catherine
(b) Baby Catherine
(c) Baby Henry
(d) Little Catherine
2. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
(a) Love is a part of life.
(b) Catherine and Frederic will share a great love.
(c) Love hurts everyone in the end.
(d) Love benefits everyone.
3. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(b) Red Cross worker
(c) telephone operator
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) left knee and foot
(b) right knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
5. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(b) All of the above
Short Answer Questions
1. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
5. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)