|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the goodbye between Frederic and Catherine?
2. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(b) telephone operator
(d) Red Cross worker
3. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) take place immediately
(b) wait three to six months
(c) wait three to six weeks
(d) wait three to six days
4. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Gage
(d) Mrs. Walker
5. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
(a) rest while they can
(b) start their honeymoon
(c) pretend it is their fancy home
(d) dicuss names for the baby
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
3. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
4. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
5. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)