|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem Frederic encounters when he gets on the train?
(a) His seat being saved by the porter gets taken from him.
(b) His luggage has been misplaced.
(c) He does not have enough money for his ticket.
(d) His ticket is for the wrong destination.
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
(a) Spending time together in the hospital
(b) Dining out
(c) All of the above
(d) Carriage rides
3. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
4. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) Catherine Barkley
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) a porter
(d) Helen Ferguson
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He says he has not seen her.
Short Answer Questions
1. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
2. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
3. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
5. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)