|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(b) All of the above
2. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
3. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States will remain neutral.
(b) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
(c) The United States does not care to be involved.
(d) The United States will declare war.
4. On the train, Frederic ends up sleeping:
(a) in his seat
(b) on the floor
(c) in a private berth
(d) in a shared berth
5. Frederic's sweet reference to the baby in Chapter 24 seems to indicate:
(a) that Frederic is getting used to the idea of having a baby
(b) that Frederic is ready to marry Catherine
(c) that Frederic will desert his post and stay with Catherine
(d) that Frederic has selected a name for the baby
Short Answer Questions
1. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
2. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
4. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
5. It is __________ when Frederic and Catherine part at the train station.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)