|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
2. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(b) He says he has not seen her.
(c) He speaks rudely of her.
(d) He speaks lovingly of her.
4. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) next week
(b) the following morning
(c) the following night
(d) in two days
5. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) a porter
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Catherine Barkley
(d) Helen Ferguson
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
2. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
3. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
4. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
5. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)