|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is sad and lonely.
(d) He does not care.
2. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Miss Barkley
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Both A and B
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
4. Catherine reveals to Frederic in Chapter 21 that she is. . .
(a) going home.
5. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(b) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
2. What is the time setting of this story?
3. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
5. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)