|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
(a) return to the front immediately.
(b) be reassigned.
(c) take a three-week leave.
(d) return home.
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
(a) Spending time together in the hospital
(b) Carriage rides
(c) Dining out
(d) All of the above
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(b) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(c) He abhors Italian social customs.
(d) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
5. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He dislikes Americans.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
2. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
4. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
5. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)