|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(b) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(c) He abhors Italian social customs.
(d) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
2. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
(a) always comits fully to love
(b) he does not love much
(c) does not understand love
(d) falls in love easily
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) recovering in a villa
(b) doing physical therapy
(c) instructing incoming troops
(d) driving his ambulance
4. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He dislikes Americans.
(b) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He is insane.
5. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
2. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
3. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)