|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Helen Ferguson
(c) a porter
(d) Catherine Barkley
2. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
(a) empties all the bed pans
(b) fills out all the paperwork
(c) works all the night shifts
(d) handles all the complaints
3. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They are fair acquaintences.
(c) They do not really know each other that well.
(d) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
4. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) the head nurse
(c) a porter
5. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Miss Gage
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
3. Catherine reveals to Frederic in Chapter 21 that she is. . .
4. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
5. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)