|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
(a) being away from home
(b) being disrespected
(c) the war
(d) All of the above
2. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They do not really know each other that well.
(b) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(c) They are fair acquaintences.
(d) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
3. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
(a) insecure about the relationship
(b) indecisive as to whether or not to continue this relationship
(d) confident in their love
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(b) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(c) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(d) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
2. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
3. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
4. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
5. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)