|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(b) the major
(c) the priest
3. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(b) her secret with Frederic being found out
(c) being sent away for lack of work
(d) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) mess cook
(c) ambulance driver
(d) battle police
5. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(b) vacation in the mountains
(c) get married in a month
(d) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
4. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
5. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)