|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) sneak out for an easy walk
(b) spend the night together
(c) read romantic books to one another
(d) profess their love to one another
3. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) the head nurse
(c) a porter
4. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She dislikes Henry.
(b) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(c) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
5. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
2. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
3. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
4. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)