|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
2. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He forget about her.
(b) He not say goodbye to her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He marry her.
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have withered away
(b) have stayed the same
(c) have strengthened
(d) still remain bottled up
4. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
(a) have more fun while in the hospital
(b) be more interesting to Catherine
(c) numb the pain of his injuries
(d) numb the effects of the war
5. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(a) telephone operator
(b) Red Cross worker
Short Answer Questions
1. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
2. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
3. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
4. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)