|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
(a) being away from home
(b) All of the above
(c) the war
(d) being disrespected
2. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
3. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States does not care to be involved.
(b) The United States will remain neutral.
(c) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
(d) The United States will declare war.
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Miss Barkley
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Van Campen
5. Catherine reveals to Frederic in Chapter 21 that she is. . .
(d) going home.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
2. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
5. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)