|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(b) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(c) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(d) He abhors Italian social customs.
2. Catherine reveals to Frederic in Chapter 21 that she is. . .
(b) going home.
3. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(b) the priest
(c) the major
(d) Frederic Henry
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He says he has not seen her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
5. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) a porter
(c) the head nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
2. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
3. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
4. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
5. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)