|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Barkley
(d) Miss Van Campen
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(b) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(c) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
3. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(b) is disqualified
4. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(b) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(c) He abhors Italian social customs.
(d) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
5. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He is not afraid to fight.
(b) He wants to marry Catherine.
(c) He wants to finish his duty.
(d) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
4. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
5. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)