|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) wait three to six weeks
(b) wait three to six months
(c) wait three to six days
(d) take place immediately
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) spend the night together
(b) sneak out for an easy walk
(c) profess their love to one another
(d) read romantic books to one another
3. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to marry Catherine.
(b) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(c) He is not afraid to fight.
(d) He wants to finish his duty.
4. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Both A and B
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
5. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Ferguson
Short Answer Questions
1. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
2. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
4. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
5. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)