|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Ferguson
2. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They do not really know each other that well.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They are fair acquaintences.
3. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) mess cook
(b) battle police
(c) ambulance driver
5. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
(a) the war
(b) All of the above
(c) being away from home
(d) being disrespected
Short Answer Questions
1. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
2. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
4. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
5. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)