|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her Saint Anthony necklace
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a picture of herself
(d) a silver locket
2. Catherine reveals to Frederic in Chapter 21 that she is. . .
(b) going home.
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Barkley
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Miss Van Campen
4. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Summer of 1916
(b) Spring of 1916
(c) Fall of 1916
(d) Spring of 1917
5. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) wait three to six weeks
(b) take place immediately
(c) wait three to six months
(d) wait three to six days
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
2. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
3. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
4. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)