|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character discovers the alcohol bottles stashed under Frederic's bed?
(a) Helen Ferguson
(b) a porter
(c) Catherine Barkley
(d) Miss Van Campen
2. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) a porter
(c) the head nurse
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(b) rotate the ambulance tires
(c) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(d) inspect the trenches
4. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He dislikes Americans.
5. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
Short Answer Questions
1. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
3. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
4. The priest wishes to be back home in:
5. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)