|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 21 | Book 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Barkley
(d) Mrs. Walker
2. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a trial
(b) a game
(c) a blessing
(d) an inconvenience
3. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
4. Frederic receives a note stating that he is to. . .
(a) return to the front immediately.
(b) take a three-week leave.
(c) return home.
(d) be reassigned.
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks lovingly of her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He speaks rudely of her.
(d) He says he has not seen her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
2. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
3. What is the time setting of this story?
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)