|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
(a) small pox
2. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her lace hankerchief
(b) a picture of herself
(c) a silver locket
(d) her Saint Anthony necklace
3. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
3. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
4. What is the time setting of this story?
5. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)