|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
(a) He visited her too often and Catherine got in trouble with the head nurse.
(b) He did not send a note telling her he would be away.
(c) She discovered he had visited a brothel.
(d) He tried to kiss her.
2. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) mess cook
(b) battle police
(c) ambulance driver
3. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her lace hankerchief
(b) a silver locket
(c) a picture of herself
(d) her Saint Anthony necklace
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(a) coffee beans
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
2. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
3. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
4. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
5. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)