|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) a porter
(c) the head nurse
2. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
3. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(b) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(c) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(d) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
4. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
(a) Love is a part of life.
(b) Love benefits everyone.
(c) Catherine and Frederic will share a great love.
(d) Love hurts everyone in the end.
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He promises to write to her.
(b) He marry her.
(c) He forget about her.
(d) He not say goodbye to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
2. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
3. What is the time setting of this story?
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)