|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her Saint Anthony necklace
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a silver locket
(d) a picture of herself
2. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Visits his home
(b) Goes on leave
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Is in the hospital
3. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(b) battle police
(c) mess cook
(d) ambulance driver
4. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(b) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
5. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) the following night
(b) the following morning
(c) next week
(d) in two days
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
2. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)