|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war needs to end at any cost.
(b) Defeat is worse than the war.
(c) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(d) Both A and B
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) receive new orders
(b) write to Catherine
(c) drive the ambulance
(d) find food
3. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
(a) All of the above
(b) being away from home
(c) the war
(d) being disrespected
4. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Fall of 1916
(b) Summer of 1916
(c) Spring of 1916
(d) Spring of 1917
5. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) a porter
(d) the head nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
2. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
3. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)