|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Works as an ambulance driver
(b) Visits his home
(c) Goes on leave
(d) Is in the hospital
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) the major
(b) the priest
(c) Frederic Henry
3. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He promises to write to her.
(b) He not say goodbye to her.
(c) He marry her.
(d) He forget about her.
4. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
5. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) left knee and foot
(b) right knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
3. The priest wishes to be back home in:
4. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)