|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) the head nurse
(c) a porter
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) receive new orders
(b) find food
(c) write to Catherine
(d) drive the ambulance
3. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her lace hankerchief
(b) her Saint Anthony necklace
(c) a picture of herself
(d) a silver locket
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Miss Barkley
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(d) in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
2. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
3. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
4. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)