|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Miss Barkley
2. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(b) telephone operator
(c) Red Cross worker
3. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
(a) Love benefits everyone.
(b) Love hurts everyone in the end.
(c) Catherine and Frederic will share a great love.
(d) Love is a part of life.
4. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a trial
(b) an inconvenience
(c) a game
(d) a blessing
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(b) the priest
(d) the major
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time setting of this story?
2. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
3. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
4. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
5. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)