|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
2. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
(a) Love hurts everyone in the end.
(b) Love is a part of life.
(c) Love benefits everyone.
(d) Catherine and Frederic will share a great love.
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Mrs. Walker
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He not say goodbye to her.
(b) He promises to write to her.
(c) He marry her.
(d) He forget about her.
5. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) left knee and foot
(c) right shoulder
(d) right knee and foot
Short Answer Questions
1. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
2. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
3. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
4. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)