|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
(a) always comits fully to love
(b) does not understand love
(c) he does not love much
(d) falls in love easily
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have strengthened
(b) still remain bottled up
(c) have withered away
(d) have stayed the same
3. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(b) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
4. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
5. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Spring of 1916
(b) Fall of 1916
(c) Spring of 1917
(d) Summer of 1916
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
2. What does Frederic do until the spring?
3. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)