|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) the head nurse
(d) a porter
2. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
(a) Love benefits everyone.
(b) Love hurts everyone in the end.
(c) Love is a part of life.
(d) Catherine and Frederic will share a great love.
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Gage
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(d) All of the above
5. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(b) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(c) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(d) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
4. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
5. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)