|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(b) battle police
(c) ambulance driver
(d) mess cook
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(b) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
3. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(b) He dislikes Americans.
(c) He is insane.
(d) Frederic refuses to pay him.
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(b) He says he has not seen her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
5. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Works as an ambulance driver
(c) Visits his home
(d) Is in the hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
3. The priest wishes to be back home in:
4. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)