|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(a) Red Cross worker
(b) telephone operator
2. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Visits his home
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Goes on leave
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(b) He abhors Italian social customs.
(c) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(d) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He promises to write to her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He forget about her.
5. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Barkley
(d) Mrs. Walker
Short Answer Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
2. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
3. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
5. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)