|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Works as an ambulance driver
(b) Is in the hospital
(c) Goes on leave
(d) Visits his home
2. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(b) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(c) They are fair acquaintences.
(d) They do not really know each other that well.
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Miss Barkley
4. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
5. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
(a) The United States will declare war.
(b) The United States will remain neutral.
(c) The United States does not care to be involved.
(d) The United States does not have the resources to declare war.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
2. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
3. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
4. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
5. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)