|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Spring of 1916
(b) Spring of 1917
(c) Fall of 1916
(d) Summer of 1916
2. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(c) a hankercheif from Catherine
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(b) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(c) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(d) He abhors Italian social customs.
4. During Frederic's discussion with the priest regarding love, Frederic states that:
(a) does not understand love
(b) he does not love much
(c) always comits fully to love
(d) falls in love easily
5. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
2. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
5. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)