|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She dislikes Henry.
(c) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(d) She is in love with Henry.
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) write to Catherine
(b) find food
(c) receive new orders
(d) drive the ambulance
4. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(a) in love with him
5. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
2. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
3. What is the time setting of this story?
4. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
5. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)