|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Visits his home
(c) Is in the hospital
(d) Works as an ambulance driver
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They do not really know each other that well.
(b) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They are fair acquaintences.
4. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
(a) She discovered he had visited a brothel.
(b) He did not send a note telling her he would be away.
(c) He tried to kiss her.
(d) He visited her too often and Catherine got in trouble with the head nurse.
5. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) find food
(b) drive the ambulance
(c) receive new orders
(d) write to Catherine
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
3. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
4. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
5. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)