|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
(d) small pox
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(b) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(c) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(d) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He abhors Italian social customs.
(b) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
4. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
5. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Henry.
(b) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(c) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(d) She dislikes Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
2. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
3. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
4. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)