|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(d) He says he has not seen her.
2. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(c) in love with him
3. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(b) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(c) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
4. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
5. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(d) All of the above
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
2. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
3. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)