|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Works as an ambulance driver
(c) Visits his home
(d) Is in the hospital
2. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) the head nurse
(b) a porter
3. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) battle police
(b) ambulance driver
(d) mess cook
4. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(b) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(c) They do not really know each other that well.
(d) They are fair acquaintences.
5. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Fall of 1916
(b) Spring of 1917
(c) Summer of 1916
(d) Spring of 1916
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
5. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)