|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Henry.
(b) She dislikes Henry.
(c) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(d) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
2. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) battle police
(b) ambulance driver
(c) mess cook
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He abhors Italian social customs.
(b) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
4. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) find food
(c) write to Catherine
(d) receive new orders
5. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
2. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
3. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
4. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
5. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)