|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Both A and B
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(b) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(c) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(d) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
3. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(a) in love with him
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(b) the major
(d) the priest
5. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
(c) small pox
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)