|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is sad and lonely.
(d) He is angry.
2. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) find food
(b) receive new orders
(c) drive the ambulance
(d) write to Catherine
4. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) an inconvenience
(b) a trial
(c) a blessing
(d) a game
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(c) in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
2. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
3. What does Frederic do until the spring?
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)