|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) receive new orders
(c) write to Catherine
(d) find food
2. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
(b) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(c) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(d) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
3. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They do not really know each other that well.
(b) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They are fair acquaintences.
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a silver locket
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a picture of herself
(d) her Saint Anthony necklace
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(b) in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
2. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)