|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is angry.
2. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
3. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(a) Red Cross worker
(b) telephone operator
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
5. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(b) right knee and foot
(c) left knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
Short Answer Questions
1. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
2. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
3. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
4. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)