|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a trial
(b) a game
(c) an inconvenience
(d) a blessing
2. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They do not really know each other that well.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They are fair acquaintences.
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) rotate the ambulance tires
(b) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(c) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(d) inspect the trenches
4. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(b) Red Cross worker
(c) telephone operator
5. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her Saint Anthony necklace
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a silver locket
(d) a picture of herself
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
2. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
3. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
4. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)