|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
(a) He is relieved because he wanted to stop seeing Catherine anyway.
(b) He is bitter and is angry with Henry.
(c) He is distraught because he wanted to marry Catherine.
(d) He is bitter at first, but then feels it is not worth fighting over.
2. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a blessing
(b) an inconvenience
(c) a game
(d) a trial
3. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
4. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) rotate the ambulance tires
(b) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(c) inspect the trenches
(d) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) the priest
(c) Frederic Henry
(d) the major
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
3. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)