|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a game
(b) a blessing
(c) a trial
(d) an inconvenience
2. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her Saint Anthony necklace
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a picture of herself
(d) a silver locket
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) receive new orders
(b) write to Catherine
(c) find food
(d) drive the ambulance
4. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Defeat is worse than the war.
(b) Both A and B
(c) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(d) The war needs to end at any cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
3. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
4. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
5. What is the time setting of this story?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)