|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement best describes Catherine's feelings in Chapter 5:
(a) She is in love with Rinaldi.
(b) She is in love with Henry.
(c) She is unsure of how she feels about Henry.
(d) She dislikes Henry.
2. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He not say goodbye to her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He marry her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
3. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They are fair acquaintences.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They do not really know each other that well.
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(a) All of the above
5. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(d) in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
4. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)