|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Defeat is worse than the war.
(c) Both A and B
(d) The war needs to end at any cost.
2. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He says he has not seen her.
(b) He speaks rudely of her.
(c) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(d) He speaks lovingly of her.
3. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(c) in love with him
4. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
5. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) battle police
(c) mess cook
(d) ambulance driver
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
3. What does Frederic do until the spring?
4. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
5. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)