|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He says he has not seen her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
4. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
5. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) the head nurse
(d) a porter
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
2. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
3. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
4. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)