|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) find food
(b) receive new orders
(c) drive the ambulance
(d) write to Catherine
2. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(b) He abhors Italian social customs.
(c) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(d) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
3. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Summer of 1916
(b) Fall of 1916
(c) Spring of 1917
(d) Spring of 1916
4. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(c) coffee beans
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He promises to write to her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
2. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
3. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
5. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)