|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her Saint Anthony necklace
(b) a picture of herself
(c) a silver locket
(d) her lace hankerchief
2. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(d) coffee beans
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) The war needs to end at any cost.
(c) Both A and B
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) right shoulder
(c) right knee and foot
(d) left knee and foot
5. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Spring of 1916
(b) Fall of 1916
(c) Summer of 1916
(d) Spring of 1917
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)