|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
2. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Defeat is worse than the war.
(b) The war needs to end at any cost.
(c) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(d) Both A and B
3. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(a) coffee beans
4. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(d) in love with him
5. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catherine angry with Frederic in Chapter 6?
2. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
3. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
4. What is the time setting of this story?
5. What does Frederic do until the spring?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)