|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Goes on leave
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Visits his home
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(b) the major
(d) the priest
3. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(b) inspect the trenches
(c) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(d) rotate the ambulance tires
4. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(b) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(c) They are fair acquaintences.
(d) They do not really know each other that well.
5. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(b) All of the above
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
2. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
3. What is the time setting of this story?
4. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)