|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) left knee and foot
(b) right knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
2. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Is in the hospital
(c) Visits his home
(d) Works as an ambulance driver
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(b) He abhors Italian social customs.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
4. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
5. In Chapter 5, Frederic performs this task as part of his duty:
(a) rotate the ambulance tires
(b) stock the ambulance with medical supplies
(c) distribute ammunition to infantrymen
(d) inspect the trenches
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
3. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
4. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)