Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
2. It is __________ when Frederic and Catherine part at the train station.
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(b) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(c) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(d) The war will continue for many years.
4. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
(a) a figure of speech
(b) an image
(c) a metaphor
(d) a symbol
5. After the attack, the men are ordered to:
(d) hold their position
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
2. In Chapter 29, another obstacle that arises for the group is they. . .
3. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
4. Once on foot, where do the women head?
5. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)