Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(b) the priest
(c) the major
(d) Frederic Henry
2. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) being sent away for lack of work
(b) her secret with Frederic being found out
(c) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(d) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) driving his ambulance
(b) recovering in a villa
(c) instructing incoming troops
(d) doing physical therapy
4. Frederic is informed that this person has also been reassigned to Milan:
(b) the priest
5. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) want to spend time with their friends at the races
(b) are not often seen in public together
(c) are often seen in public together
(d) do not want to be alone together
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
2. It is likely that Frederic is abusing alcohol so far in this novel to:
3. These adjectives best describe the atmosphere between Catherine and Frederic.
4. While on a walk with Catherine, Frederic purchases:
5. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)