|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13 | Book 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Visits his home
(b) Is in the hospital
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Goes on leave
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) write to Catherine
(b) find food
(c) receive new orders
(d) drive the ambulance
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Both A and B
(b) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
4. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) a blessing
(b) an inconvenience
(c) a game
(d) a trial
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks lovingly of her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. Before Frederic leaves for Milan, the men discuss whether the United States will declare war on Austria and Turkey. Frederic states:
3. Of which of the following is the priest tired?
4. The continuous discussions of love in the book so far seems to indicate that:
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)