|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 9 | Book 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
2. In Chapter 6, Frederic is a little fearful that Catherine is __________.
(b) in love with him
3. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(b) the priest
(c) the major
5. From Catherine's comments in Chapter 6, the reader can determine that she realizes that love is _______.
(a) an inconvenience
(b) a blessing
(c) a game
(d) a trial
Short Answer Questions
1. This statement best describes Rinaldi's reaction to Frederic spending time with Catherine.
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
5. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)