|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Visits his home
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Is in the hospital
2. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(b) He speaks rudely of her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He says he has not seen her.
4. When are the police expected to come for Frederic?
(a) the next afternoon
(b) they are not coming
(c) that night
(d) the next morning
5. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) high morale of the troops
(b) volume of people
(c) lack of food
(d) enemy attacks
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
2. When the men arrive in Udine, the battle police. . .
3. Frederic departs the train in:
4. This military situation for the Italians at this point in the novel is:
5. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)