|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
2. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
(a) He correctly reads the map to get to Udine.
(b) He knows the bridge would be safe for a single man to cross.
(c) He lectures the men on the war.
(d) He teaches the men about ambulance machinery.
3. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) are not often seen in public together
(b) are often seen in public together
(c) do not want to be alone together
(d) want to spend time with their friends at the races
4. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(c) the head nurse
(d) a porter
5. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
2. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
3. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
5. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)