|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) taking his group off the main road for safety
(c) successfully getting his group to Udine
(d) deciding to return to the battlefield
2. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(c) All of the above
3. While on a walk with Catherine, Frederic purchases:
(a) theatre tickets
(b) a bottle of wine
(c) a train ticket
(d) a gun
4. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
5. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
(a) He argues with Frederic.
(b) He speaks rudely of Catherine.
(c) He tells secrets about his new girlfriend.
(d) He loses money gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
2. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
3. Which statement best describes Frederics feelings about spending time away from Catherine?
4. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
5. Frederic and the Count engage in a meaningful discussion about:
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)