|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) get married in a month
(b) vacation in the mountains
(c) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(d) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
2. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) Frederic's friends
(b) the war
(c) getting fired
(d) the rain
3. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
4. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
5. Which statement best describes Frederics feelings about spending time away from Catherine?
(a) He is starting to feel the pressure of their relationship.
(b) He enjoys time as a couple, but appreciates alone time.
(c) He feels their connection is waning.
(d) His life is empty when he is not with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
2. Frederic proves his high level of intellect and common sense in Chapter 30 when:
3. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
4. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
5. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)