|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
2. Frederic's motives for joining the war are not clear in this novel. By Chapter 35, Frederic makes this statement about joining the Italian war effort.
3. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
4. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
(a) works all the night shifts
(b) handles all the complaints
(c) fills out all the paperwork
(d) empties all the bed pans
5. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He dislikes Americans.
(b) He is insane.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
2. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
3. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
4. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
5. This military situation for the Italians at this point in the novel is:
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)