|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who sees Frederic depart the train:
(a) threatens to turn Frederic in
(b) tells Frederic he has seen Catherine
(c) offers Frederic a job
(d) offers to help Frederic obtain leave papers
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
3. Which character is excellent at billiards and asks Frederic to play a game?
(c) the bartender
(d) Count Greffi
4. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) doing physical therapy
(b) recovering in a villa
(c) driving his ambulance
(d) instructing incoming troops
5. When Frederic emerges from the river, he. . .
(a) runs to a nearby village.
(b) sleeps for two hours.
(c) immediately thinks of Catherine.
(d) cuts the stars off of his jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
2. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
3. Frederic departs the train in:
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
5. To get to Switzerland, Frederic and Catherine have to:
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)