|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a fresh new field
(b) a locket from Catherine
(c) the water
(d) a bright sky
2. Which statement best describes Frederics feelings about spending time away from Catherine?
(a) His life is empty when he is not with her.
(b) He is starting to feel the pressure of their relationship.
(c) He enjoys time as a couple, but appreciates alone time.
(d) He feels their connection is waning.
3. The porter knows Catherine and Frederic are not just taking a walk. Which of the following reasons does not convince the porter of this fact?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is the middle of the night.
(c) They have no umbrella.
(d) They are taking their luggage with them.
4. What is odd about Frederic and Catherine's discussion in the hotel?
(a) Both Catherine and Frederic openly discuss the pregnancy.
(b) Frederic wants to talk about Catherine's pregnancy, but she does not want to.
(c) Catherine wants to talk about her pregnancy, but Frederic refuses.
(d) The couple only discuss the politics of the war.
5. In the hotel, Catherine and Frederic:
(a) rest while they can
(b) dicuss names for the baby
(c) start their honeymoon
(d) pretend it is their fancy home
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
2. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
3. Frederic's motives for joining the war are not clear in this novel. By Chapter 35, Frederic makes this statement about joining the Italian war effort.
4. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
5. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)