|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once again, water symbolizes __________ for Frederic.
(d) a barrier
2. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Mrs. Walker
3. This military situation for the Italians at this point in the novel is:
4. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(b) Both A and B
(c) Defeat is worse than the war.
(d) The war needs to end at any cost.
5. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(a) telephone operator
(b) Red Cross worker
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who sees Frederic depart the train:
2. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
3. These are two obstacles Frederic faces while in the river.
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
5. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)