|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The porter knows Catherine and Frederic are not just taking a walk. Which of the following reasons does not convince the porter of this fact?
(a) It is the middle of the night.
(b) It is raining.
(c) They have no umbrella.
(d) They are taking their luggage with them.
2. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
(a) He has a dream about her.
(b) He writes her many letters.
(c) He cries over her.
(d) He tries to get back to her.
3. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
(a) four townspeople.
(b) two married couples.
(c) two soldiers and two women.
(d) two prisoners and two women.
4. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
5. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
2. Frederic's motives for joining the war are not clear in this novel. By Chapter 35, Frederic makes this statement about joining the Italian war effort.
3. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
4. Who tells Frederic that Catherine has left Milan?
5. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)