|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Frederic's quick recovery
(b) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(c) their friends
(d) the pressure of war
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Miss Barkley
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Mrs. Walker
4. Which character warns Frederic about the police coming?
(c) Count Greffi
5. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(b) He is wavering in his faith.
(c) He has given up on the troops.
(d) He seems to be more sure of himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
2. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
3. When he realizes he is in trouble, Frederic:
4. Before heading for Catherine, Frederic visits:
5. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)