|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(b) is disqualified
2. Frederic and the Count engage in a meaningful discussion about:
(a) books and death
(b) love and life lessons
(c) the war and newspapers
(d) life and death
3. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(b) the pressure of war
(c) their friends
(d) Frederic's quick recovery
4. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Both A and B
(b) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(c) The war needs to end at any cost.
(d) Defeat is worse than the war.
5. Which character is excellent at billiards and asks Frederic to play a game?
(b) the bartender
(d) Count Greffi
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
2. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
3. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)