|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Visits his home
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Goes on leave
2. Frederic and the Count engage in a meaningful discussion about:
(a) the war and newspapers
(b) life and death
(c) books and death
(d) love and life lessons
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(b) The war will continue for many years.
(c) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(d) The men are becoming more aggressive.
4. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
(a) two married couples.
(b) four townspeople.
(c) two soldiers and two women.
(d) two prisoners and two women.
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(b) Frederic Henry
(c) the priest
(d) the major
Short Answer Questions
1. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
2. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
3. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)