|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
2. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
(a) an image
(b) a symbol
(c) a metaphor
(d) a figure of speech
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) in two days
(b) the following night
(c) next week
(d) the following morning
4. Frederic finally finds a ___________ on which to travel.
5. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are fair acquaintences.
(b) They do not really know each other that well.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
2. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
3. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
4. Frederic departs the train in:
5. When Catherine and Frederic first enter the hotel, Catherine feels:
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)