|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This symbol signifies Frederic's new beginning out of the army.
(a) a bright sky
(b) a fresh new field
(c) the water
(d) a locket from Catherine
2. The army boots dragging Frederic down in the river is ___________ of how the army is also dragging him down.
(a) a symbol
(b) an image
(c) a figure of speech
(d) a metaphor
3. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) successfully getting his group to Udine
(b) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(c) taking his group off the main road for safety
(d) deciding to return to the battlefield
4. Frederic departs the train in:
5. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(a) a rainbow
(d) a train
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic's actions toward his jacket in Chapter 31 signify. . .
2. The porter knows Catherine and Frederic are not just taking a walk. Which of the following reasons does not convince the porter of this fact?
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
4. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
5. As a fugitive, Frederic decides. . .
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)