|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) right shoulder
(b) left knee and foot
(d) right knee and foot
2. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) write to Catherine
(c) receive new orders
(d) find food
4. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(b) get married in a month
(c) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(d) vacation in the mountains
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Defeat is worse than the war.
(b) Both A and B
(c) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(d) The war needs to end at any cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
2. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
3. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
4. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)