|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(c) the priest
(d) the major
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is sad and lonely.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He does not care.
4. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
(a) All of the above
(b) Carriage rides
(c) Spending time together in the hospital
(d) Dining out
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He not say goodbye to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
2. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
4. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
5. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)