|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Goes on leave
(c) Visits his home
(d) Works as an ambulance driver
2. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
(a) Spending time together in the hospital
(b) Dining out
(c) All of the above
(d) Carriage rides
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Barkley
(d) Miss Ferguson
4. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(b) get married in a month
(c) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(d) vacation in the mountains
5. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
2. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
3. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
4. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)