|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(a) Red Cross worker
(b) telephone operator
2. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(b) get married in a month
(c) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(d) vacation in the mountains
3. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Visits his home
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Goes on leave
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a silver locket
(b) her Saint Anthony necklace
(c) a picture of herself
(d) her lace hankerchief
5. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) the pressure of war
(b) Frederic's quick recovery
(c) their friends
(d) Catherine's tending to Frederic
Short Answer Questions
1. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)