|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He not say goodbye to her.
2. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(d) a hankercheif from Catherine
3. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are fair acquaintences.
(b) They do not really know each other that well.
(c) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(d) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
(a) Frederic Henry
(b) the priest
(d) the major
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
2. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
4. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
5. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)