|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They do not really know each other that well.
(b) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(c) They are fair acquaintences.
(d) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
2. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) find food
(c) write to Catherine
(d) receive new orders
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He speaks lovingly of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
4. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Van Campen
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Gage
(d) Miss Ferguson
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Both A and B
(b) The war needs to end at any cost.
(c) Defeat is worse than the war.
(d) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
3. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)