|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Barkley
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Miss Ferguson
2. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He dislikes Americans.
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have strengthened
(b) have withered away
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have stayed the same
4. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(b) coffee beans
5. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
2. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
3. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
5. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)