|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(b) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(c) He abhors Italian social customs.
(d) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
2. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(b) a porter
(c) the head nurse
3. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They are fair acquaintences.
(b) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(c) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(d) They do not really know each other that well.
4. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Works as an ambulance driver
(c) Visits his home
(d) Goes on leave
5. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
(a) handles all the complaints
(b) empties all the bed pans
(c) fills out all the paperwork
(d) works all the night shifts
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
2. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
4. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
5. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)