|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(a) a hankercheif from Catherine
2. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) the head nurse
(c) a porter
3. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks rudely of her.
(b) He says he has not seen her.
(c) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(d) He speaks lovingly of her.
4. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(b) vacation in the mountains
(c) get married in a month
(d) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
3. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. What does Frederic do until the spring?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)