|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He says he has not seen her.
(b) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(c) He speaks lovingly of her.
(d) He speaks rudely of her.
2. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) the pressure of war
(b) Frederic's quick recovery
(c) their friends
(d) Catherine's tending to Frederic
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is relieved.
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He not say goodbye to her.
(b) He marry her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He forget about her.
5. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
3. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
4. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)