|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
2. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks lovingly of her.
(b) He speaks rudely of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) find food
(c) receive new orders
(d) write to Catherine
4. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Visits his home
(c) Is in the hospital
(d) Works as an ambulance driver
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He forget about her.
(b) He promises to write to her.
(c) He marry her.
(d) He not say goodbye to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
2. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
5. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)