|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
2. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(b) right shoulder
(c) right knee and foot
(d) left knee and foot
3. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(b) their friends
(c) Frederic's quick recovery
(d) the pressure of war
4. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have strengthened
(b) have withered away
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have stayed the same
5. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(a) a hankercheif from Catherine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic do until the spring?
2. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
3. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
4. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
5. Frederic and Catherine pass the summer by:
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)