|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) drive the ambulance
(b) receive new orders
(c) write to Catherine
(d) find food
2. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
3. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(b) Frederic's quick recovery
(c) their friends
(d) the pressure of war
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(b) left knee and foot
(c) right knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
5. Which statement best describes the relationship between Frederic and Rinaldi in Chapter 10?
(a) They do not really know each other that well.
(b) They are rivals for Catherine's affections.
(c) They have a deeply rooted friendship.
(d) They are fair acquaintences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
5. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)