|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have withered away
(b) have stayed the same
(c) have strengthened
(d) still remain bottled up
2. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
(a) right knee and foot
(c) left knee and foot
(d) right shoulder
3. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(d) coffee beans
4. __________ warns Frederic and Catherine that people are growing suspicious of the couple.
(a) Miss Gage
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Ferguson
5. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
(a) Catherine's tending to Frederic
(b) Frederic's quick recovery
(c) the pressure of war
(d) their friends
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
2. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
3. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)