|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
(a) the head nurse
(b) a porter
2. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) the following morning
(b) next week
(c) in two days
(d) the following night
3. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have stayed the same
(b) have strengthened
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have withered away
4. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
(d) a hankercheif from Catherine
5. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a picture of herself
(b) her Saint Anthony necklace
(c) her lace hankerchief
(d) a silver locket
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
2. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
3. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)