|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
2. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
3. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) receive new orders
(b) write to Catherine
(c) drive the ambulance
(d) find food
4. Which statement best describes Frederic's attitude toward the war at this point in Chapter 9?
(a) Defeat is worse than the war.
(b) The war would not truly be over if one side surrendered.
(c) Both A and B
(d) The war needs to end at any cost.
5. Catherine is popular with the other nurses because she:
(a) handles all the complaints
(b) fills out all the paperwork
(c) works all the night shifts
(d) empties all the bed pans
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
2. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
3. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)