|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Miss Barkley
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Miss Van Campen
2. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
(a) He mistakenly believes Frederic is an Austrian officer.
(b) He is insane.
(c) Frederic refuses to pay him.
(d) He dislikes Americans.
3. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
4. How does Rinaldi speak of Catherine when Frederic asks if Rinaldi has seen her?
(a) He speaks unenthusiastically of her.
(b) He speaks rudely of her.
(c) He says he has not seen her.
(d) He speaks lovingly of her.
5. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
(a) receive new orders
(b) find food
(c) write to Catherine
(d) drive the ambulance
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
2. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
3. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
4. At the medical facility, Frederic is diagnosed with many superficial wounds, as well as significant wounds to his:
5. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)