|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine Barkley's profession?
(b) Red Cross worker
(d) telephone operator
2. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Barkley
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Mrs. Walker
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) in two days
(b) next week
(c) the following morning
(d) the following night
4. This character takes the more practical approach to marriage in Chapter 18.
5. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(b) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He abhors Italian social customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
2. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
4. This character seemingly deals with the horror of war by joking and laughter.
5. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)