|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 17 | Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a picture of herself
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a silver locket
(d) her Saint Anthony necklace
2. Afraid of being discovered, Frederic and Catherine make a pact to:
(a) get married in a month
(b) desert the army together when Frederic is recovered
(c) say they were married before Frederic came to the hospital
(d) vacation in the mountains
3. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(b) He abhors Italian social customs.
(c) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(d) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
4. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have stayed the same
(b) have strengthened
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have withered away
5. In Chapter 4, Miss Barkley reveals that she has lost her _________ in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
2. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
5. At the start of Chapter 9, Frederic leaves his men to:
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)