|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This soldier dies after the blast in the dugout:
2. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) enemy attacks
(b) lack of food
(c) high morale of the troops
(d) volume of people
3. When the men arrive in Udine, the battle police. . .
(a) provide them with food and wine.
(b) insist they rest.
(c) seek medical treatment for their wounds.
(d) arrest and question them.
4. The tension is Chapter 23 is caused by:
(a) Catherine's reassignment to another hospital
(b) the couple's wish to meet each other's families
(c) the couple being afraid of being seen at the hotel
(d) the reality that Frederic is leaving for battle and may not return
5. When Frederic emerges from the river, he. . .
(a) immediately thinks of Catherine.
(b) sleeps for two hours.
(c) runs to a nearby village.
(d) cuts the stars off of his jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
2. Frederic borrows ____________ from his singer friend.
3. Frederic departs the train in:
4. As a fugitive, Frederic decides. . .
5. While in the hospital in Milan, Frederic and Catherine's relationship is secretly able to grow due to:
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)