|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
(a) find food and water.
(b) sleep for three hours.
(c) discuss giving themselves up.
(d) rebandage their wounds.
2. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) deciding to return to the battlefield
(b) successfully getting his group to Udine
(c) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(d) taking his group off the main road for safety
3. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(d) is disqualified
4. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have strengthened
(b) still remain bottled up
(c) have stayed the same
(d) have withered away
5. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(b) a train
(d) a rainbow
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
2. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
3. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
5. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)