|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) are often seen in public together
(b) do not want to be alone together
(c) want to spend time with their friends at the races
(d) are not often seen in public together
2. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
(c) about the same
3. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) in two days
(b) the following night
(c) next week
(d) the following morning
4. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) volume of people
(b) enemy attacks
(c) lack of food
(d) high morale of the troops
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He does not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
2. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
3. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
4. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
5. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)