|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
(a) He argues with Frederic.
(b) He loses money gambling.
(c) He tells secrets about his new girlfriend.
(d) He speaks rudely of Catherine.
2. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
4. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) the war
(b) getting fired
(c) the rain
(d) Frederic's friends
5. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) successfully getting his group to Udine
(c) deciding to return to the battlefield
(d) taking his group off the main road for safety
Short Answer Questions
1. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
3. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
4. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
5. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)