|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) enemy attacks
(b) volume of people
(c) high morale of the troops
(d) lack of food
2. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Miss Barkley
(b) Miss Van Campen
(c) Miss Ferguson
(d) Mrs. Walker
3. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is relieved.
4. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
(a) He writes her many letters.
(b) He cries over her.
(c) He has a dream about her.
(d) He tries to get back to her.
5. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
(a) sleep for three hours.
(b) rebandage their wounds.
(c) discuss giving themselves up.
(d) find food and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
2. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
3. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
4. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
5. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)