|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
(d) about the same
2. When Frederic is drunk, Rinaldi brings him _______________ to chew on in order to help sober him up.
(d) coffee beans
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
(a) Miss Ferguson
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Miss Van Campen
(d) Miss Gage
4. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have stayed the same
(b) have withered away
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have strengthened
5. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
(a) a photo
(b) a comb
(c) a Bible
(d) a toothbrush
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
2. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
3. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
4. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
5. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)