|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) taking his group off the main road for safety
(c) successfully getting his group to Udine
(d) deciding to return to the battlefield
2. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) driving his ambulance
(b) instructing incoming troops
(c) doing physical therapy
(d) recovering in a villa
3. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
(a) He is tired and depressed.
(b) He is excited and has been promoted.
(c) He is eager to go back to battle.
(d) He is depressed, yet boistorous.
4. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is angry.
5. Frederic is informed that an attack will take place:
(a) next week
(b) the following morning
(c) the following night
(d) in two days
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
2. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
3. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
4. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
5. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)