|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He not say goodbye to her.
(c) He forget about her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
2. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
(a) two prisoners and two women.
(b) two married couples.
(c) four townspeople.
(d) two soldiers and two women.
3. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
(a) gaining more ground than the mass retreat
(b) taking his group off the main road for safety
(c) successfully getting his group to Udine
(d) deciding to return to the battlefield
4. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a silver locket
(b) her Saint Anthony necklace
(c) her lace hankerchief
(d) a picture of herself
5. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
(a) He is depressed, yet boistorous.
(b) He is tired and depressed.
(c) He is excited and has been promoted.
(d) He is eager to go back to battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
2. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
3. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
4. Frederic is keeping this object hidden beneath his bed:
5. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)