|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He marry her.
(b) He forget about her.
(c) He promises to write to her.
(d) He not say goodbye to her.
2. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
(a) He is depressed, yet boistorous.
(b) He is excited and has been promoted.
(c) He is eager to go back to battle.
(d) He is tired and depressed.
3. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) instructing incoming troops
(b) driving his ambulance
(c) recovering in a villa
(d) doing physical therapy
4. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have stayed the same
(b) have withered away
(c) still remain bottled up
(d) have strengthened
5. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
Short Answer Questions
1. At the abandoned farmhouse, the group. . .
2. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
3. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
5. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)