|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad and lonely.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is relieved.
2. In Chapter 19, Frederic is spending his days ________________.
(a) recovering in a villa
(b) driving his ambulance
(c) doing physical therapy
(d) instructing incoming troops
3. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
4. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
(a) Edgar Saunders
(b) Luigi Piani
(c) Ralph Simmons
(d) Ettore Moretti
5. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(c) is disqualified
Short Answer Questions
1. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
2. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
3. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
4. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
5. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)