|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
(a) Ettore Moretti
(b) Edgar Saunders
(c) Ralph Simmons
(d) Luigi Piani
2. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) still remain bottled up
(b) have stayed the same
(c) have strengthened
(d) have withered away
3. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
4. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
(a) two prisoners and two women.
(b) two soldiers and two women.
(c) two married couples.
(d) four townspeople.
5. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
(a) He forget about her.
(b) He marry her.
(c) He not say goodbye to her.
(d) He promises to write to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
3. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
4. Rinaldi has been keeping what item as a reminder of his friend, Frederic?
5. In Chapter 28, it is evident Frederic misses Catherine because:
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)