|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic's opinion of his treatment when he first arrives at the Milan hospital is:
2. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
(a) He is tired and depressed.
(b) He is excited and has been promoted.
(c) He is depressed, yet boistorous.
(d) He is eager to go back to battle.
3. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
4. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Miss Ferguson
(c) Miss Barkley
(d) Miss Van Campen
5. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
(a) volume of people
(b) high morale of the troops
(c) lack of food
(d) enemy attacks
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
2. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
3. Before Frederic leaves for the battlefield, Catherine insists that:
4. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
5. Rinaldi's aggression toward the priest in Chapter 25 is "excused" by the major because of this medical condition.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)