|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
(b) a rainbow
(d) a train
2. Which statement describes Frederic's feelings when he realizes he can not see Catherine that evening?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is sad and lonely.
3. This character provides the tips on the horse races:
(a) Crowell Rodgers
(b) Mrs. Myers
(c) Mr. Myers
(d) Helen Ferguson
4. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) the war
(b) the rain
(c) getting fired
(d) Frederic's friends
5. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have strengthened
(b) have stayed the same
(c) have withered away
(d) still remain bottled up
Short Answer Questions
1. By the beginning of Chapter 14, the nurse with which Frederic seems to get along best with at the Milan hospital is:
2. The men in the army predict the upcoming year of the war to be _________ for the Italians.
3. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
4. Why does the barber threaten Frederic?
5. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)