|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) a silver locket
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) her Saint Anthony necklace
(d) a picture of herself
2. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
(a) He is tired and depressed.
(b) He is depressed, yet boistorous.
(c) He is excited and has been promoted.
(d) He is eager to go back to battle.
3. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
(a) the rain
(b) the war
(c) Frederic's friends
(d) getting fired
4. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
(a) He speaks rudely of Catherine.
(b) He argues with Frederic.
(c) He tells secrets about his new girlfriend.
(d) He loses money gambling.
5. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
Short Answer Questions
1. This character informs Frederic that Catherine can not come down to see him when he tries to visit her at the hospital.
2. Frederic displays leadership in Chapter 28 by:
3. Which of the following men does not meet up with Frederic in Chapter 19?
4. What positive symbol emerges again in Chapter 28?
5. During the retreat, Frederic's group picks up. . .
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)