|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine gives Frederic ______________ before he leaves on his new orders.
(a) her Saint Anthony necklace
(b) her lace hankerchief
(c) a silver locket
(d) a picture of herself
2. The situation at the race track exemplifies that Catherine and Frederic:
(a) want to spend time with their friends at the races
(b) are often seen in public together
(c) do not want to be alone together
(d) are not often seen in public together
3. The first person Frederic encounters back at the front is the:
4. At the close of Chapter 14, it is clear that Frederic's true feelings for Catherine:
(a) have withered away
(b) have strengthened
(c) have stayed the same
(d) still remain bottled up
5. The first horse on which Catherine and Frederic bet:
(a) is disqualified
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Catherine says she is afraid of ________.
2. What is one of the biggest obstacles slowing the men during the massive retreat to Udine?
3. Which of the following statements best describes the change in Rinaldi?
4. What negative action does Rinaldi repeat in Chapter 25?
5. The head nurse, the superintendent, for the hospital is:
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)