|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
(a) The war will continue for another year.
(b) The war will not be over until someone surrenders.
(c) The United States will join in the war.
(d) The Austrians are a strong opponent.
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) sneak out for an easy walk
(b) profess their love to one another
(c) spend the night together
(d) read romantic books to one another
3. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(b) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(c) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(d) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
4. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
5. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(a) a few
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
2. Frederic and the priest agree that:
3. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
4. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
5. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)