|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He writes to Catherine.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He prays.
(d) He does not think about it.
2. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
3. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to marry Catherine.
(b) He wants to finish his duty.
(c) He is not afraid to fight.
(d) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
4. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
(a) scornful looks from other soldiers.
(b) welcoming handshakes for serving the country.
(c) a friend of Catherine's.
(d) an old man as his seat companion.
5. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(b) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(c) being sent away for lack of work
(d) her secret with Frederic being found out
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
2. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
3. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
4. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
5. Frederic and the priest agree that:
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)