|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has seen British nurses.
(b) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(c) if he has news on the war.
(d) when the tourist season will begin.
2. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(b) The war will continue for many years.
(c) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(d) Praying is not helpful anymore.
4. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) wait three to six days
(b) wait three to six weeks
(c) take place immediately
(d) wait three to six months
5. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
3. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
4. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
5. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)