|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
2. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(b) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(c) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(d) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
3. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has seen British nurses.
(b) if he has news on the war.
(c) when the tourist season will begin.
(d) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
4. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
(a) The war will not be over until someone surrenders.
(b) The United States will join in the war.
(c) The war will continue for another year.
(d) The Austrians are a strong opponent.
5. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) read romantic books to one another
(b) profess their love to one another
(c) spend the night together
(d) sneak out for an easy walk
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
3. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
4. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
5. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)