|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
(a) The war will not be over until someone surrenders.
(b) The war will continue for another year.
(c) The United States will join in the war.
(d) The Austrians are a strong opponent.
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to marry Catherine.
(b) He wants to finish his duty.
(c) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(d) He is not afraid to fight.
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) The war will continue for many years.
(b) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(c) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(d) Praying is not helpful anymore.
4. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
5. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(b) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(c) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(d) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
2. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
3. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
4. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
5. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)