|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(b) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(c) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(d) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
2. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
3. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
(a) scornful looks from other soldiers.
(b) welcoming handshakes for serving the country.
(c) an old man as his seat companion.
(d) a friend of Catherine's.
4. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
5. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He seems to be more sure of himself.
(b) He is wavering in his faith.
(c) He has given up on the troops.
(d) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
3. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
4. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
5. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)