|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(b) being sent away for lack of work
(c) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(d) her secret with Frederic being found out
2. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
3. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
4. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(b) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(c) The war will continue for many years.
(d) The men are becoming more aggressive.
5. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He prays.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He does not think about it.
(d) He writes to Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
2. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
3. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
4. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
5. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)