|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He has given up on the troops.
(b) He is wavering in his faith.
(c) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(d) He seems to be more sure of himself.
2. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has seen British nurses.
(b) when the tourist season will begin.
(c) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(d) if he has news on the war.
3. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
4. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(d) a few
5. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
3. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
4. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
5. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)