|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) read romantic books to one another
(b) sneak out for an easy walk
(c) spend the night together
(d) profess their love to one another
2. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has news on the war.
(b) if he has seen British nurses.
(c) when the tourist season will begin.
(d) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
3. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(b) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(c) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(d) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
4. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
(a) a friend of Catherine's.
(b) an old man as his seat companion.
(c) scornful looks from other soldiers.
(d) welcoming handshakes for serving the country.
5. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
(a) insecure about the relationship
(c) indecisive as to whether or not to continue this relationship
(d) confident in their love
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
2. Frederic and the priest agree that:
3. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
4. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
5. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)