|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(b) being sent away for lack of work
(c) her secret with Frederic being found out
(d) Frederic's dangerous surgery
2. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(b) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(c) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(d) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
3. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
4. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He is not afraid to fight.
(b) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(c) He wants to finish his duty.
(d) He wants to marry Catherine.
5. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
2. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
3. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
5. Frederic and the priest agree that:
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)