|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
2. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(b) a few
3. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He is not afraid to fight.
(b) He wants to finish his duty.
(c) He wants to marry Catherine.
(d) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
4. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He has given up on the troops.
(b) He seems to be more sure of himself.
(c) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(d) He is wavering in his faith.
5. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
2. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
3. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
5. Frederic and the priest agree that:
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)