|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He writes to Catherine.
(b) He does not think about it.
(c) He prays.
(d) He drinks.
2. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) take place immediately
(b) wait three to six weeks
(c) wait three to six days
(d) wait three to six months
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(b) The war will continue for many years.
(c) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(d) The men are becoming more aggressive.
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(b) when the tourist season will begin.
(c) if he has seen British nurses.
(d) if he has news on the war.
5. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) being sent away for lack of work
(b) her secret with Frederic being found out
(c) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(d) Frederic's dangerous surgery
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
2. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
3. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
4. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
5. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)