|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to finish his duty.
(b) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(c) He is not afraid to fight.
(d) He wants to marry Catherine.
3. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(c) a few
4. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(b) He seems to be more sure of himself.
(c) He has given up on the troops.
(d) He is wavering in his faith.
5. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) when the tourist season will begin.
(b) if he has news on the war.
(c) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(d) if he has seen British nurses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
2. Frederic and the priest agree that:
3. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
4. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
5. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)