|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) take place immediately
(b) wait three to six days
(c) wait three to six weeks
(d) wait three to six months
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) spend the night together
(b) profess their love to one another
(c) sneak out for an easy walk
(d) read romantic books to one another
3. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has news on the war.
(b) when the tourist season will begin.
(c) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(d) if he has seen British nurses.
4. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
5. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) The war will continue for many years.
(b) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(c) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(d) The men are becoming more aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
3. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
4. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
5. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)