|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
2. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
3. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) take place immediately
(b) wait three to six weeks
(c) wait three to six days
(d) wait three to six months
4. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(b) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(c) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(d) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
5. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(b) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(c) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(d) The war will continue for many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
2. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
3. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
4. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)