|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
2. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(b) The war will continue for many years.
(c) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(d) The men are becoming more aggressive.
3. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) when the tourist season will begin.
(b) if he has news on the war.
(c) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(d) if he has seen British nurses.
5. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(b) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(c) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(d) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
2. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
3. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
4. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
5. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)