|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(b) her secret with Frederic being found out
(c) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(d) being sent away for lack of work
2. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(b) The war will continue for many years.
(c) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(d) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
3. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
4. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He is wavering in his faith.
(b) He has given up on the troops.
(c) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(d) He seems to be more sure of himself.
5. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) read romantic books to one another
(b) spend the night together
(c) sneak out for an easy walk
(d) profess their love to one another
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
2. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
3. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
5. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)