|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
(b) insecure about the relationship
(c) confident in their love
(d) indecisive as to whether or not to continue this relationship
2. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) read romantic books to one another
(b) profess their love to one another
(c) spend the night together
(d) sneak out for an easy walk
3. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to finish his duty.
(b) He is not afraid to fight.
(c) He wants to marry Catherine.
(d) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
4. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
5. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(b) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(c) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(d) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
2. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
3. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
4. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
5. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)