|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) being sent away for lack of work
(b) her secret with Frederic being found out
(c) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(d) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
2. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He writes to Catherine.
(b) He prays.
(c) He does not think about it.
(d) He drinks.
3. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
4. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(b) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
(c) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(d) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
5. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) wait three to six months
(b) wait three to six weeks
(c) wait three to six days
(d) take place immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
2. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
3. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
4. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
5. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)