|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He has given up on the troops.
(b) He is wavering in his faith.
(c) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
(d) He seems to be more sure of himself.
2. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
(b) insecure about the relationship
(c) confident in their love
(d) indecisive as to whether or not to continue this relationship
3. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to finish his duty.
(b) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(c) He is not afraid to fight.
(d) He wants to marry Catherine.
4. One doctor asks Frederic how many Austrians he has killed, and Frederic replies that he has killed:
(b) a few
5. In Chapter 16, Catherine is fearful of:
(a) the horrible wounds she encounters as a nurse
(b) being sent away for lack of work
(c) Frederic's dangerous surgery
(d) her secret with Frederic being found out
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
2. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
3. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
4. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
5. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)