|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
(a) welcoming handshakes for serving the country.
(b) a friend of Catherine's.
(c) scornful looks from other soldiers.
(d) an old man as his seat companion.
2. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(b) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(c) The war will continue for many years.
(d) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
4. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) when the tourist season will begin.
(b) if he has news on the war.
(c) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(d) if he has seen British nurses.
5. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
(a) He has given up on the troops.
(b) He seems to be more sure of himself.
(c) He is wavering in his faith.
(d) He is getting more and more upset with the tormenting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
2. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
3. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
4. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
5. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)