|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
(a) wait three to six weeks
(b) take place immediately
(c) wait three to six days
(d) wait three to six months
2. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
3. In Chapter 26, Frederic states his belief that:
(a) The war will not be over until someone surrenders.
(b) The United States will join in the war.
(c) The Austrians are a strong opponent.
(d) The war will continue for another year.
4. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
(a) return to America to be with Frederic's family.
(b) stay in Milan for the baby's safety.
(c) leave the country for Frederic's safety.
(d) go to Venice for Catherine's medical care.
5. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
(a) sneak out for an easy walk
(b) spend the night together
(c) read romantic books to one another
(d) profess their love to one another
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
3. Which statement best describes the change seen in the priest in Chapter 26?
4. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
5. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)