|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He writes to Catherine.
(b) He prays.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He does not think about it.
2. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(b) He wants to marry Catherine.
(c) He is not afraid to fight.
(d) He wants to finish his duty.
3. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) The war will continue for many years.
(b) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(c) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(d) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
4. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
(a) welcoming handshakes for serving the country.
(b) a friend of Catherine's.
(c) scornful looks from other soldiers.
(d) an old man as his seat companion.
5. Frederic and Catherine's reunion is_______ for the couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they realize the severity of the situation, the couple decide to. . .
2. Frederic takes a train to ______________ to find Catherine.
3. The majority of the doctors in Milan feel the plan for Frederic's leg surgery should:
4. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
5. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)