One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederic says he wants the surgery performed as soon as possible because:
(a) He wants to finish his duty.
(b) He is not afraid to fight.
(c) He cannot wait to return to the front line.
(d) He wants to marry Catherine.
2. What does Frederic tell the priest he does to cope with the war?
(a) He does not think about it.
(b) He writes to Catherine.
(c) He prays.
(d) He drinks.
3. When he arrives in Stresa, Frederic asks the hotel bartender. . .
(a) if he has seen British nurses.
(b) if he has news on the war.
(c) if he knows if there is room at the hotel.
(d) when the tourist season will begin.
4. Catherine's continuous questions to Frederic about love and his past relationships indicate that she is:
(a) insecure about the relationship
(c) indecisive as to whether or not to continue this relationship
(d) confident in their love
5. Frederic and the priest agree that:
(a) People have become, in a way, more gentle.
(b) Praying is not helpful anymore.
(c) The men are becoming more aggressive.
(d) The war will continue for many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest tells Frederic that he is __________ that he has returned.
2. While on the train, Frederic encounters. . .
3. Frederic feels ______ may be worse than defeat.
4. When Frederic finally finds Catherine, Helen's immediate reaction can be described as:
5. One evening while Catherine is on night duty, the couple:
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)