1. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
2. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Spring of 1917
(b) Spring of 1916
(c) Fall of 1916
(d) Summer of 1916
3. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
(b) small pox
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) mess cook
(b) battle police
(c) ambulance driver
5. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
6. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
7. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Is in the hospital
(b) Works as an ambulance driver
(c) Goes on leave
(d) Visits his home
8. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(d) All of the above
9. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(b) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He abhors Italian social customs.
This section contains 4,476 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)