Book 1, Chapter 1 | Book 1, Chapter 2
1. What rank does Frederic Henry hold?
2. What is the time setting of this story?
(a) Spring of 1917
(b) Summer of 1916
(c) Fall of 1916
(d) Spring of 1916
3. This epidemic killed 7,000 soldiers over the past winter.
(a) small pox
4. This is Frederic Henry's occupation:
(a) mess cook
(b) ambulance driver
(d) battle police
5. This adjective best describes the men in Frederic Henry's unit:
6. The major claims this is the religion of all thinking men:
Book 1, Chapter 3 | Book 1, Chapter 4
7. What does Frederic do until the spring?
(a) Goes on leave
(b) Visits his home
(c) Works as an ambulance driver
(d) Is in the hospital
8. This is a trait of Frederic's friend, Rinaldi:
(a) All of the above
9. This statement describes Frederic's outlook on Italian life:
(a) He feels the Italian lifestyle is frivolous.
(b) He abhors Italian social customs.
(c) He feels he is too timid to enjoy the Italian lifestyle.
(d) He is fond of the Italians' nightlife.
This section contains 4,476 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)