|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the others think that Papa informed on the other men?
2. What does the reservoir crew fear?
3. The War Department issues surplus clothing from which war?
4. Where is the family sent?
5. At Fort Lincoln, what did Papa work as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does anti-Asian sentiment increase on the West Coast?
2. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
3. As she ages, how does Jeanne feel about Manzanar? How does she deal with her time there?
4. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
5. What work do members of the family do in the camp? Are they required to work?
6. What is Papa's reunion like?
7. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
8. What does Papa do after learning about Pearl Harbor?
9. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
10. What is Papa's family like in Japan? What is the family's history?
Essay Topic 1
What is life like in Manzanar? Describe the physical and emotional feelings of the camp. What effects does the camp have on internees? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How do Jeanne and her family feel about Manzanar? Why do you think they feel this way? How are their feelings contradictory? How do you think you would feel in the same situation?
Essay Topic 3
What was the purpose of the internment camps? Dido they fulfill their purpose? Why or why not? Do you think the camps were right? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,778 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)