|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama furious about that first day?
2. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
3. What is the greatest humiliation in the camps?
4. What can't Papa do?
5. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are many people in the camp sick?
2. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
3. What makes Mama angry in the camp? Why?
4. What are the camps like? Why are they in this condition?
5. What is Papa's reunion like?
6. What is Papa's personality and character like?
7. Does Papa want his sons to join in the war? Why or why not?
8. Why does anti-Asian sentiment increase on the West Coast?
9. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
10. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Loyalty Oath? How do the people in the camp react to it? Why does it cause so much controversy? How do you think you would have reacted to it?
Essay Topic 2
What is life like in Manzanar? Describe the physical and emotional feelings of the camp. What effects does the camp have on internees? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What was the purpose of the internment camps? Dido they fulfill their purpose? Why or why not? Do you think the camps were right? Why or why not?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)