|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
2. Who crashes into the reservoir shack?
(a) A naval officer
(b) A Japanese spy
(c) A boy from a neighboring town
(d) 4 soldiers
3. What does the reservoir crew fear?
(a) Getting left in the reservoir
(b) The Japanese navy
(c) The jittery soldiers
(d) The dam breaking
4. What does Papa do in the barracks?
(a) Carves wood animals
(b) Makes wine
(d) Cares for Jeanne
5. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
(a) A spy
(b) An accountant
(c) A private in the Army
(d) A prisoner
Short Answer Questions
1. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
2. With what is Papa charged?
3. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
4. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
5. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
2. As she ages, how does Jeanne feel about Manzanar? How does she deal with her time there?
3. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
4. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
5. How does the family feel about moving to Manzanar?
6. What are the barracks like in the camp?
7. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
8. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
9. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
10. Does Papa want his sons to join in the war? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)