|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
(a) Blowing sand
(b) A rainstorm
(d) Their blindfolds
2. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
(a) It is too small
(b) It is too tight
(c) It is too big
(d) It is too worn
3. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
(a) Too much food
(b) A lack of water
(c) Spoiled food
(d) High temperatures
4. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
5. What school does Papa enter?
(a) University of Washington
(c) University of Idaho
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa finally leaves the barracks to do what?
2. What do the soldiers fear?
3. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
4. Which word best describes the barracks?
5. Who crashes into the reservoir shack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa do after learning about Pearl Harbor?
2. What happens as all the Japanese American families are forced to leave Terminal Island? How does Mama deal with this humiliating event?
3. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
4. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
5. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
6. What does Papa do in the barracks? How does it affect the family?
7. What do the people at Manzanar call Papa? Why?
8. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
9. How does the family feel about moving to Manzanar?
10. Who are the only people in the camp allowed outside the night of the riot? What are they given as protection?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)