|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mama's career?
2. Why does Papa leave Japan?
(a) Mama is in California
(b) He needs to escape the law
(c) Japan is in a severe depression
(d) He fights with his father
3. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
(a) A house
(b) A car
(c) A farm
(d) A boat
4. Which word best describes the barracks?
5. For what career does Papa first begin to prepare?
(a) A pilot
(b) A naval career
(c) A doctor
(d) An accountant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only people allowed out of the camp on the night of the riot?
2. Who crashes into the reservoir shack?
3. Woody says that Ryan and Kiyo have to complete their task or they'll have to eat sand with what for lunch?
4. What do Jeanne and the other women go to do?
5. How many times do Mama and Papa run away together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
2. What are the barracks like in the camp?
3. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
4. What is the family's first impression of Manzanar?
5. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
6. What is Papa's family like in Japan? What is the family's history?
7. What is Papa's reunion like?
8. What happens during the December Riot?
9. What makes Mama angry in the camp? Why?
10. Why does anti-Asian sentiment increase on the West Coast?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)