|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest humiliation in the camps?
(b) Lack of schools
(c) Lack of privacy
(d) Lack of trust
2. How much longer has Papa lived in the United States versus his interrogator?
(a) 20 years
(b) 3 months
(c) 5 years
(d) 9 years
3. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
(a) Spoiled food
(b) High temperatures
(c) Too much food
(d) A lack of water
4. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(a) Tear gas
(c) Ax handles
5. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) The United States is going to war
(b) Hitler is killed
(c) A submarine is captured in New York
(d) Pearl Harbor is bombed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa demand?
2. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
3. What does Papa think about the violence in the camp?
4. What is true about Papa?
5. Why does Papa leave Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa think about Japan? Who does he hope will win the war?
2. What do the men find most disturbing and disgraceful while they are in the camp? Why?
3. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
4. What is Papa's personality and character like?
5. What does Papa do when he hears the gossip about him? How does Kiyo react to Papa?
6. What does Papa think about the war? What does he think started the war?
7. What does Papa do after learning about Pearl Harbor?
8. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
9. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
10. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)