|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
(b) Typhoid immunizations
(d) Flu medications
2. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
3. To what does Jeanne attribute her father's actions?
(a) Because his family is behind barbed wire
(b) Because he has to live with other Japanese
(c) Because he wants to return to Japan
(d) Because he fears Mama's in love with someone else
4. How many people does the family have to fit into two units?
5. What happens to Papa at Fort Lincoln?
(a) He gets cancer
(b) He loses an arm
(c) His feet are frostbitten
(d) He is injured in a farm accident
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa go after leaving Japan?
2. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
3. Why doesn't Papa return to Japan?
4. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
5. What school does Papa enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
2. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
3. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
4. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
5. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
6. Why are many people in the camp sick?
7. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
8. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
9. What are the barracks like in the camp?
10. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)