|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Papers on his Japanese military service
(b) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(c) Their tea set
(d) Jeanne's birth certificate
2. What hurts Mama's pride?
(a) To not be able to provide for her family
(b) To have to rely on others
(c) To be put into such a low, miserable living situation
(d) To not be able to shower each day
3. What does Woody work as in the camp?
4. What can't Papa do?
(a) Send his children to school
(b) Go back to Japan
(c) Work on a fishing boat
(d) Become a citizen of the United States
5. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has meals brought to him or her instead of eating in the mess hall?
2. Of what is Jeanne afraid?
3. What is true about Papa?
4. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
5. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people at Manzanar call Papa? Why?
2. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
3. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
4. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
5. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
6. What are the barracks like in the camp?
7. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
8. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
9. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
10. What happens during the December Riot?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)