Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Blows down the barbed wire
(b) Puts out the electricity
(c) Contaminates the water supply
(d) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
2. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He doesn't like any of them.
(b) This disowned him
(c) He is the black sheep of the family
(d) They are all dead
3. What does Woody have Ray and Kiyo do to improve the barracks?
(a) Sweep the floor
(b) Paint the walls
(c) Hang curtains
(d) Cover the knotholes
4. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
(c) Flu medications
(d) Typhoid immunizations
5. What can't Papa do?
(a) Send his children to school
(b) Work on a fishing boat
(c) Become a citizen of the United States
(d) Go back to Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
2. What school does Papa enter?
3. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
4. What word best describes the first month at Manzanar?
5. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the family's first impression of Manzanar?
2. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
3. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
4. What does Papa think about the war? What does he think started the war?
5. What is Papa's reunion like?
6. What does Papa do when he hears the gossip about him? How does Kiyo react to Papa?
7. Why does anti-Asian sentiment increase on the West Coast?
8. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
9. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
10. What does Jeanne believe is behind her father's seclusion in the barracks?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)