|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Inu" mean?
2. What is the first thing the family sees with Papa?
(a) A cane
(b) A wig
(d) A wheelchair
3. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Papers on his Japanese military service
(b) Their tea set
(c) Jeanne's birth certificate
(d) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
4. What does Woody have Ray and Kiyo do to improve the barracks?
(a) Paint the walls
(b) Hang curtains
(c) Sweep the floor
(d) Cover the knotholes
5. What can't Papa do?
(a) Send his children to school
(b) Become a citizen of the United States
(c) Work on a fishing boat
(d) Go back to Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa finally leaves the barracks to do what?
2. The anti-American Japanese want what?
3. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
4. Why does Jeanne's Mom pack heavy coats for them?
5. What crowds the barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are many people in the camp sick?
2. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
3. Why does anti-Asian sentiment increase on the West Coast?
4. What does Jeanne believe is behind her father's seclusion in the barracks?
5. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
6. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
7. Who are the only people in the camp allowed outside the night of the riot? What are they given as protection?
8. What is Papa's family like in Japan? What is the family's history?
9. What is Papa's reunion like?
10. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)