|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeanne think the internees look like in the surplus clothing?
(a) Clark Gable
(b) Charlie Chaplin
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
(d) James Dean
2. Who crashes into the reservoir shack?
(a) A boy from a neighboring town
(b) A Japanese spy
(c) 4 soldiers
(d) A naval officer
3. Who is required to work in the camp?
(a) Men and women between 18 and 35
(b) No one
(c) Men between 18 and 35
(d) Everyone over 18
4. What is contained in the oil cans that Papa has with him?
(d) Cooking oil
5. To what does Jeanne attribute her father's actions?
(a) Because he has to live with other Japanese
(b) Because he wants to return to Japan
(c) Because his family is behind barbed wire
(d) Because he fears Mama's in love with someone else
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeanne's father burn?
2. When does Papa return to the family?
3. At Fort Lincoln, what did Papa work as?
4. How long is Kiyo gone from the family barracks?
5. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
2. What does Papa do in the barracks? How does it affect the family?
3. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
4. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
5. What does Papa think about the war? What does he think started the war?
6. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
7. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
8. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
9. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
10. What do the men find most disturbing and disgraceful while they are in the camp? Why?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)