|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
2. At Fort Lincoln, what did Papa work as?
(a) A guard
(b) A chaplain
(c) A cook
(d) An interviewer
3. Who does Jeanne think the internees look like in the surplus clothing?
(a) James Dean
(b) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
(c) Clark Gable
(d) Charlie Chaplin
4. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
(b) Their blindfolds
(c) Blowing sand
(d) A rainstorm
5. What song does Papa sing?
(a) The United States national anthem
(b) The Japanese national anthem
(c) It's a Small World
(d) The Battle Hymn of the Republic
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family meet Papa?
2. Why is the family relieved to arrive at the camp?
3. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
4. What do the soldiers fear?
5. What is surprising about the morning at the wharf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are many people in the camp sick?
2. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
3. How does the family feel about moving to Manzanar?
4. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
5. What happens during the December Riot?
6. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
7. What does Papa think about Japan? Who does he hope will win the war?
8. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
9. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
10. What does Papa do after learning about Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)