|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many people wear as they arrive in the camps?
(b) Heavy coats
(c) Bathing suits
(d) Aloha shirts
2. Where is the family sent?
(b) Tule Lake
(c) Gila River
3. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
(a) The searchlights
(b) The lack of Christmas presents
(c) The handcuffs
(d) The mess hall
4. How long is it between the time that Jeanne's father is arrested and the next time that they see him?
(a) Five years
(b) Three days
(c) Four months
(d) Almost a year
5. Who are the only people allowed out of the camp on the night of the riot?
(a) The reservoir crew
(b) The camp officers
(c) Children under five
(d) The soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most disturbing and disgraceful situation for most men held at Manzanar?
2. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
3. Where is Papa held while he is in custody?
4. What crowds the barracks?
5. What hurts Mama's pride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
2. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
3. Who are the only people in the camp allowed outside the night of the riot? What are they given as protection?
4. What is Papa's personality and character like?
5. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
6. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
7. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
8. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
9. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
10. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)