|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who crashes into the reservoir shack?
(a) 4 soldiers
(b) A boy from a neighboring town
(c) A naval officer
(d) A Japanese spy
2. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
3. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
4. What covers the family when they wake up in their first morning at the camp?
5. Why is the family relieved to arrive at the camp?
(a) They are running out of money and everything will be taken care of here
(b) They are protected from the war
(c) It offers some protection from the fear of the Caucasians
(d) They will have a house to live in
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Papa do?
2. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
3. Which word best describes the barracks?
4. What draws families apart on Manzanar?
5. Papa finally leaves the barracks to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papa's personality and character like?
2. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
3. What does Papa do when he hears the gossip about him? How does Kiyo react to Papa?
4. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
5. What does Papa think about Japan? Who does he hope will win the war?
6. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
7. What does Jeanne believe is behind her father's seclusion in the barracks?
8. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
9. What is Papa's reunion like?
10. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)