|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
2. What does Papa think about the violence in the camp?
(a) It is stupid
(b) It is justified
(c) It is arrogant
(d) It is criminal
3. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
4. Who does Papa think will win the war?
5. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Puts out the electricity
(b) Blows down the barbed wire
(c) Contaminates the water supply
(d) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers fear?
2. Who punches Papa?
3. What does the mob cry out before the MPs use tear gas?
4. Where is the family sent?
5. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
2. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
3. What do the people at Manzanar call Papa? Why?
4. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
5. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
6. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
7. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
8. What does Papa do in the barracks? How does it affect the family?
9. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
10. What does Papa think about the war? What does he think started the war?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)