|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Jeanne's birth certificate
(b) Their tea set
(c) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(d) Papers on his Japanese military service
2. What does the interviewer ask Papa?
(a) His favorite baseball team
(b) His reason for having four children
(c) His favorite color
(d) His reason for coming to the United States
3. What does "Inu" mean?
4. What do many people wear as they arrive in the camps?
(a) Bathing suits
(b) Heavy coats
(d) Aloha shirts
5. Who works on the walls with Kiyo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reservoir crew fear?
2. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
3. What covers the family when they wake up in their first morning at the camp?
4. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
5. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Papa's personality and character like?
2. Who are the only people in the camp allowed outside the night of the riot? What are they given as protection?
3. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
4. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
5. What does Papa think about Japan? Who does he hope will win the war?
6. What is Papa's reunion like?
7. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
8. What happens during the December Riot?
9. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
10. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)