|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Papa do?
(a) Work on a fishing boat
(b) Go back to Japan
(c) Become a citizen of the United States
(d) Send his children to school
2. What is true about Papa?
(a) He doesn't like excuses
(b) He never finishes anything he starts
(c) Mama's family loved him
(d) He's not interested in making it big
3. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
4. What school does Papa enter?
(b) University of Washington
(d) University of Idaho
5. Where is Papa held while he is in custody?
(c) North Dakota
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the camp?
2. Issei means what?
3. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
4. What does Woody work as in the camp?
5. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
2. Who are the only people in the camp allowed outside the night of the riot? What are they given as protection?
3. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
4. What makes Mama angry in the camp? Why?
5. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
6. What is the family's first impression of Manzanar?
7. What does Papa think about the war? What does he think started the war?
8. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
9. What does Papa do when he hears the gossip about him? How does Kiyo react to Papa?
10. What do the men find most disturbing and disgraceful while they are in the camp? Why?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)