|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
(a) The Red Cross
(d) A group of Japanese Americans from Nebraska
2. Who punches Papa?
3. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
(a) Find a job and a sponsor
(b) Sign up for the military
(c) Give information on another Japanese person
(d) Sign a green card
4. What does Woody work as in the camp?
5. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
(a) Fort Lincoln
(b) Ocean Park
(d) Fort Leavenworth
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama furious about that first day?
2. What is true about Papa?
3. What is the greatest humiliation in the camps?
4. What song does Papa sing?
5. How many people does the family have to fit into two units?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as all the Japanese American families are forced to leave Terminal Island? How does Mama deal with this humiliating event?
2. How does Papa leave Japan? Where does he go?
3. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
4. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
5. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
6. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
7. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
8. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
9. What work do members of the family do in the camp? Are they required to work?
10. What is Papa's family like in Japan? What is the family's history?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)