|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
2. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(a) Japanese flags
(b) Stores of oil
(c) Short wave radios
3. What does Jeanne's father have that he feels guarantees his arrest?
(a) A medal of honor from the Japanese government
(b) A son who lives in Japan
(c) A typewriter
(d) A commercial fishing license
4. Woody says that Ryan and Kiyo have to complete their task or they'll have to eat sand with what for lunch?
(c) Salad dressing
5. What is Mama furious about that first day?
(a) That her husband isn't with them
(b) Jeanne's dirty dress
(c) The conditions they have to live in
(d) The barbed wire around the camp
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa believe causes wars?
2. What covers the family when they wake up in their first morning at the camp?
3. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
4. When did Jeanne's father come to the United States?
5. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family feel about moving to Manzanar?
2. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
3. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
4. Does Papa want his sons to join in the war? Why or why not?
5. What does Papa do after learning about Pearl Harbor?
6. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
7. What are the barracks like in the camp?
8. What do the people at Manzanar call Papa? Why?
9. What does Papa think about the war? What does he think started the war?
10. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)