|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Fort Lincoln, what did Papa work as?
(a) A chaplain
(b) A cook
(c) A guard
(d) An interviewer
2. Why do the others think that Papa informed on the other men?
(a) He is given a medal by the government
(b) He is released earlier than the others
(c) He lives in Ocean Park
(d) Someone hears Papa informing
3. Where was Mama born?
4. What does Woody bring in to help clean?
(a) A bucket of water
(b) A vacuum
(c) A broom
(d) A duster
5. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her mother's employers
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Papa's nose?
2. The War Department issues surplus clothing from which war?
3. For what reason does Mama need money?
4. What do the soldiers fear?
5. What occurs exactly one year after Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What work do members of the family do in the camp? Are they required to work?
2. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
3. What does Papa do in the barracks? How does it affect the family?
4. What makes Mama angry in the camp? Why?
5. What happens as all the Japanese American families are forced to leave Terminal Island? How does Mama deal with this humiliating event?
6. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
7. What are the barracks like in the camp?
8. How is Jeanne's world turned upside down after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
9. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
10. What do the people at Manzanar call Papa? Why?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)