|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Papa at Fort Lincoln?
(a) He gets cancer
(b) His feet are frostbitten
(c) He is injured in a farm accident
(d) He loses an arm
2. How old is Jeanne when she reaches the camp?
3. Who has meals brought to him or her instead of eating in the mess hall?
4. What is the first thing the family sees with Papa?
(a) A wheelchair
(b) A wig
(d) A cane
5. How many times do Mama and Papa run away together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws families apart on Manzanar?
2. Who works on the walls with Kiyo?
3. What does Papa do to Mama?
4. What is Mama furious about that first day?
5. Of what is Jeanne's father accused?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
2. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
3. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
4. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
5. What happens as all the Japanese American families are forced to leave Terminal Island? How does Mama deal with this humiliating event?
6. What is Papa's family like in Japan? What is the family's history?
7. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
8. What is Papa's personality and character like?
9. What do the men find most disturbing and disgraceful while they are in the camp? Why?
10. What does Jeanne believe is behind her father's seclusion in the barracks?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)