|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa think about the violence in the camp?
(a) It is stupid
(b) It is justified
(c) It is criminal
(d) It is arrogant
2. How much longer has Papa lived in the United States versus his interrogator?
(a) 9 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 3 months
(d) 5 years
3. Where is the family sent?
(b) Gila River
(c) Tule Lake
4. What is a common condition in the camp?
(b) The Manzanar runs
5. Why do the others think that Papa informed on the other men?
(a) He is released earlier than the others
(b) Someone hears Papa informing
(c) He lives in Ocean Park
(d) He is given a medal by the government
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
2. Who does Papa think will win the war?
3. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
4. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
5. When does Papa return to the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
2. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
3. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
4. Who arrives at the reservoir shack? Who is fearful in the shack and who are they fearful of?
5. What does the government want the men to sign? What does signing it mean?
6. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
7. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
8. What does Jeanne believe is behind her father's seclusion in the barracks?
9. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
10. What do the people at Manzanar call Papa? Why?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)