|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the family sent?
(a) Gila River
(c) Tule Lake
2. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(b) Papers on his Japanese military service
(c) Jeanne's birth certificate
(d) Their tea set
3. What crowds the barracks?
(a) Woody's two children
(b) Kiyo's friend Daniel
(c) Mama's sadness
(d) Papa's dark mood
4. How long is it between the time that Jeanne's father is arrested and the next time that they see him?
(a) Four months
(b) Five years
(c) Three days
(d) Almost a year
5. What is Mama furious about that first day?
(a) The conditions they have to live in
(b) The barbed wire around the camp
(c) Jeanne's dirty dress
(d) That her husband isn't with them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Papa leave Japan?
2. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
3. Issei means what?
4. What does the sandstorm do?
5. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the greatest humiliation in the camp? How is it handled?
2. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
3. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
4. What do the men find most disturbing and disgraceful while they are in the camp? Why?
5. What makes Mama angry in the camp? Why?
6. What does Papa think about Japan? Who does he hope will win the war?
7. What happens as all the Japanese American families are forced to leave Terminal Island? How does Mama deal with this humiliating event?
8. What work do members of the family do in the camp? Are they required to work?
9. What does Papa's interview at Fort Lincoln reveal about him and his family relationships?
10. Of what is Papa accused? What does this mean for the family?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)