|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Jeanne's mother refuse to sell, deciding instead to break it?
(a) Jeanne's baby carriage
(b) Her china
(c) A bracelet
(d) A short wave radio
2. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
(b) Typhoid immunizations
(c) Flu medications
3. What does Jeanne's father have that he feels guarantees his arrest?
(a) A typewriter
(b) A son who lives in Japan
(c) A commercial fishing license
(d) A medal of honor from the Japanese government
4. What does Papa demand?
(a) Extra rice and cans of fruit
(b) An apology
(c) A bed for himself
(d) Woody to leave the family's unit
5. When was Papa born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Japanese held in Manzanar?
2. The anti-American Japanese want what?
3. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
4. Who has meals brought to him or her instead of eating in the mess hall?
5. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
2. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
3. Does Papa want his sons to join in the war? Why or why not?
4. What does Papa think about Japan? Who does he hope will win the war?
5. What does Papa do when he hears the gossip about him? How does Kiyo react to Papa?
6. What does Papa do after learning about Pearl Harbor?
7. What is Papa's personality and character like?
8. What is Papa's family like in Japan? What is the family's history?
9. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
10. How does the family feel about moving to Manzanar?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)