|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa demand?
(a) An apology
(b) Woody to leave the family's unit
(c) A bed for himself
(d) Extra rice and cans of fruit
2. Where was Mama born?
3. What do many Americans fear that all Japanese are doing?
(a) Plotting to kill the president
(b) Planting bombs in Hawaii
(c) Providing information to Germany
(d) Spying on the United States
4. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
(a) It is too tight
(b) It is too worn
(c) It is too small
(d) It is too big
5. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
(a) Sign a green card
(b) Sign up for the military
(c) Give information on another Japanese person
(d) Find a job and a sponsor
Short Answer Questions
1. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
2. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
3. What occurs exactly one year after Pearl Harbor?
4. Who punches Papa?
5. What does Woody have Ray and Kiyo do to improve the barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the barracks like in the camp?
2. What is the family's first impression of Manzanar?
3. How does the camp separate Jeanne's family from each other?
4. What does Jeanne believe is behind her father's seclusion in the barracks?
5. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
6. What do the people of the camp think about this document that the government wants them to sign? Why?
7. What leads to the separation of families at Manzanar?
8. What does Papa do in the barracks? How does it affect the family?
9. Why does anti-Asian sentiment increase on the West Coast?
10. What does Woody do to make the barracks better? Why does he do this?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)