|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
(a) It is too big
(b) It is too tight
(c) It is too small
(d) It is too worn
2. What do many Americans fear that all Japanese are doing?
(a) Plotting to kill the president
(b) Providing information to Germany
(c) Spying on the United States
(d) Planting bombs in Hawaii
3. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
4. Who does Papa think will win the war?
5. Who punches Papa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the family sees with Papa?
2. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
3. Why are the Japanese held in Manzanar?
4. What does the reservoir crew fear?
5. What does Papa do in the barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the camps like? Why are they in this condition?
2. What are Jeanne's experiences in school and in the neighborhood after the family is forced to move from Ocean Park?
3. What is the greatest humiliation in the camp? How is it handled?
4. What work do members of the family do in the camp? Are they required to work?
5. What keeps the family going despite the circumstances that they are in at the camp?
6. What does Papa do in the barracks? How does it affect the family?
7. Why are many people in the camp sick?
8. Does Papa want his sons to join in the war? Why or why not?
9. What is the most important day in Jeanne's life? Why?
10. How does Mama's family feel about Papa? Why are they not happy about the relationship?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)