Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jules Amthor, who is stupid?
2. When Marlowe regains consciousness in Chapter 23, how many people are with him?
3. Into what building does Red follow Marlowe in Chapter 35?
4. What does Marlowe eat at the beginning of Chapter 28?
5. Who pulls Marlowe's own gun on Marlowe in Chapter 22?
In Farewell My Lovely, both Lindsay Marriott and Jules Amthor prey on wealthy women. Compare and contrast these two con artists. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how he depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Compare and contrast the following police characters in the story: Lieutenant Nulty, Lieutenant Randall, Sergeant Galbraith, Captain Blane, and Chief Wax. What kind of relationship does Philip Marlowe have with each policeman? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)