|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marlowe escape from his room in Chapter 26?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where does Marlowe find the money that is missing from his wallet?
3. When Marlowe begins to hallucinate in Chapter 25, what does he realize?
4. What kind of car does Second Planting drive at the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. At the end of chapter 28, what smells like dust and tobacco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Few people in Farewell My Lovely turn out to be who or what they initially seem. Discuss the novel's motif of hidden identities and public masques. Cite examples form the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the following secondary characters in the novel: Second Planting, Dr. Sonderberg, and Lindsay Marriott. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In Farewell My Lovely, both Lindsay Marriott and Jules Amthor prey on wealthy women. Compare and contrast these two con artists. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)