|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, why does Marlowe initially fail to get inside the Montecito?
(a) He has a gun and looks like a cop to the bouncers.
(b) He is rude to the security guards.
(c) He is not on the list of people to admit.
(d) He starts a fight with the bouncers.
2. What is the source of the Riordan family money?
(b) Wise investments.
(d) A family restaurant that is very popular and prosperous.
3. According to Jules Amthor, who is a natural medium?
(b) Mrs. Amthor.
(c) Lindsay Marriott.
(d) Second Planting.
4. Whose appendix bursts in Chapter 33?
(a) Captain Blane's.
(c) Anne Riordan's.
(d) Moose Malloy's.
5. How does Red get Marlowe into the Montecito?
(a) Through a ventilator shaft with the grating removed.
(b) By bribing one of the bouncers to admit Marlowe.
(c) He and Marlowe disguise themselves as waiters.
(d) He and Marlowe overpower the guards to get inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Marlowe give the hot dog vendor?
2. At the end of Chapter 28, where does Anne suggest that Marlowe get some sleep?
3. When Marlowe begins to hallucinate in Chapter 25, what does he realize?
4. What does Mrs. Morrison lie about in Chapter 30?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe what Marlowe sees inside the Montecito?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)