|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, to whose home does Marlowe walk on foot?
(a) Lieutenant Randall's.
(b) Mrs. Grayle's.
(c) Jessie Florian's.
(d) Anne Riordan's.
2. How does Marlowe find Moose Malloy at the beginning of Chapter 39?
(a) Marlowe spots Moose gambling on Laird Brunette's boat.
(b) Mrs. Morrison brings Moose to Marlowe.
(c) Marlowe spots Moose at the bingo hall in Bay City.
(d) Moose lets himself into Marlowe's apartment.
3. What does Lieutenant Randall find when he goes to Dr. Sonderborg's house in Chapter 31?
(a) Moose Malloy's corpse.
(b) The house is locked up and empty, and the doctor is gone.
(c) A cache of drugs and guns.
(d) Mrs. Grayle's stolen jade necklace.
4. At the end of Chapter 28, to where does Marlowe ask Anne to drive him?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His office.
(c) The police station.
(d) A taxi stand.
5. Whom does Marlowe demand to see inside the Montecito?
(a) Jules Amthor.
(b) Moose Malloy.
(c) Laird Brunette.
(d) Mr. Grayle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Velma's ultimate fate in the novel?
2. What do the men escorting Marlowe out of Jules Amthor's house at the beginning of Chapter 24 say Amthor accuses Marlowe of trying to do to him?
3. When Mrs. Grayle arrives, where does Marlowe tell Moose Malloy to hide?
4. What transportation does Marlowe initially take to the Montecito in Chapter 35?
5. How much does Marlowe's dinner at the end of Chapter 34 cost?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)