Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Little Velma found in Chapter 41?
(a) Singing on Laird Burnette's casino boats.
(b) In a New York mental institution.
(c) Singing in a Baltimore night club.
(d) In an L.A. hospital.
2. What is the Montecito?
(a) A Bay City museum.
(b) The Grayle mansion.
(c) One of Laird Burnette's gambling boats.
(d) Lindsay Marriott's estate.
3. When Marlowe begins to hallucinate in Chapter 25, what does he realize?
(a) He has suffered a concussion.
(b) He drank too much whiskey at Amthor's, and he's drunk.
(c) He has been drugged.
(d) He has lost his mind.
4. What does Marlowe eat at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(a) A ham and swiss cheese sandwich.
(b) A large breakfast of boiled eggs, toast, and coffee.
(c) Apple pie and ice cream.
(d) A steak and baked potato with a salad.
5. In Chapter 34, why does Marlowe approach the hot dog vendor?
(a) For information about Little Velma.
(b) For information about Laird Burnette's gambling boats.
(c) To buy a couple of hot dogs.
(d) For information about Moose Malloy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 28, to where does Marlowe ask Anne to drive him?
2. Who is the Bay City Chief of Detectives?
3. In Chapter 31, what kind of insect does Marlowe see crawling across Lieutenant Randall's desk?
4. Where does Marlowe find a gun in Chapter 27?
5. What is Sergeant Galbraith's response in Chapter 33 when Marlowe asks if there is a connection between Dr. Sonderborg and Jules Amthor?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)