|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lieutenant Randall about Sam Montgomery's murder at Florian's?
(a) Lieutenant Nulty.
(b) Anne Riordan.
(d) Chief Wax.
2. Who is the beak-nosed man who questions Marlowe about Red in Chapter 35?
(a) One of Jules Amthor's thugs.
(b) One of Moose Malloy's friends.
(c) Officer Olson of the Bay City police force.
(d) One of Laird Burnette's thugs.
3. Who chokes Marlowe in Chapter 22?
(a) Second Planting.
(b) Jules Amthor.
(c) Mrs. Amthor.
(d) Moose Malloy.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 39, where does Mrs. Grayle agree to meet Marlowe?
(a) At Marlowe's office.
(b) At the Montecito.
(c) At Marlowe's apartment.
(d) At the Royal Crown.
5. Where does Marlowe find a gun in Chapter 27?
(a) On a bookcase shelf.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) One of Dr. Sonderborg's drawers.
(d) In Mrs. Amthor's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jules Amthor, who is stupid?
2. Whom does John Wax phone in Chapter 32 to verify Marlowe's claims?
3. At the end of Chapter 40, who turns out to be an international con man wanted by Scotland Yard?
4. What color are the walls, ceiling, and rugs in the room into which Mrs. Amthor conducts Marlowe in Chapter 21?
5. What is the source of the Riordan family money?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)