Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Little Velma found in Chapter 41?
(a) Singing on Laird Burnette's casino boats.
(b) In a New York mental institution.
(c) Singing in a Baltimore night club.
(d) In an L.A. hospital.
2. What is the Montecito?
(a) A Bay City museum.
(b) The Grayle mansion.
(c) One of Laird Burnette's gambling boats.
(d) Lindsay Marriott's estate.
3. When Marlowe begins to hallucinate in Chapter 25, what does he realize?
(a) He has suffered a concussion.
(b) He drank too much whiskey at Amthor's, and he's drunk.
(c) He has been drugged.
(d) He has lost his mind.
4. What does Marlowe eat at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(a) A ham and swiss cheese sandwich.
(b) A large breakfast of boiled eggs, toast, and coffee.
(c) Apple pie and ice cream.
(d) A steak and baked potato with a salad.
5. In Chapter 34, why does Marlowe approach the hot dog vendor?
(a) For information about Little Velma.
(b) For information about Laird Burnette's gambling boats.
(c) To buy a couple of hot dogs.
(d) For information about Moose Malloy.
6. At the end of Chapter 28, to where does Marlowe ask Anne to drive him?
(a) His office.
(b) The police station.
(c) A taxi stand.
(d) His apartment.
7. Who is the Bay City Chief of Detectives?
(a) Lieutenant Nulty.
(b) Lieutenant Randall.
(c) Captain Blane.
(d) Sergeant Galbraith.
8. In Chapter 31, what kind of insect does Marlowe see crawling across Lieutenant Randall's desk?
(a) A black bug with a pink head.
(b) An ant.
(c) A spider.
(d) A wasp.
9. Where does Marlowe find a gun in Chapter 27?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) One of Dr. Sonderborg's drawers.
(c) In Mrs. Amthor's purse.
(d) On a bookcase shelf.
10. What is Sergeant Galbraith's response in Chapter 33 when Marlowe asks if there is a connection between Dr. Sonderborg and Jules Amthor?
(a) There is no connection as the men don't know each other.
(b) Amthor works for Sonderborg.
(c) Both Amthor and Sonderborg work for Laird Brunette.
(d) Sonderborg works for Amthor.
11. Into what building does Red follow Marlowe in Chapter 35?
(a) The Belvedere Club.
(b) A bingo hall.
(d) The Royal Crown.
12. What transportation does Marlowe initially take to the Montecito in Chapter 35?
(a) A water taxi.
(b) A bus.
(c) A plane.
(d) A train.
13. What does Anne Riordan say she wants from Marlowe at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) A proposal of marriage.
(b) Fifty dollars for helping him solve his case.
(c) An interview for her newspaper.
(d) A kiss.
14. Who does Marlowe punch in the nose at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Jules Amthor.
(b) Second Planting.
(c) Jessie Florian.
(d) Mrs. Amthor.
15. How much does Marlowe's dinner at the end of Chapter 34 cost?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Eighty-five cents.
(c) A dollar and ten cents.
(d) Five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the beak-nosed man who questions Marlowe about Red in Chapter 35?
2. Who , according to Sergeant Galbraith, runs Bay City?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 26, where does Marlowe find the money that is missing from his wallet?
4. Who accompanies Marlowe when he visits Mrs. Morrison in Chapter 30?
5. What does Dr. Sonderborg actually do in his house?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)