|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Moose Malloy kill at Florian's?
(a) The night club's bouncer.
(b) Mr. Montgomery, the night club's manager.
(c) A man flirting with Little Velma.
(d) A policeman.
2. Who employs the person waiting for Marlowe upon his return to his office in Chapter 20?
(a) Lieutenant Nulty.
(b) Jules Amthor, the psychic consultant.
(c) Mr. Grayle.
(d) Anne Riordan.
3. At the end of Chapter 40, who turns out to be an international con man wanted by Scotland Yard?
(a) Jules Amthor.
(b) Lindsay Marriott.
(c) Laird Brunette.
4. What rests atop Lindsay Marriott's piano?
(a) A white porcelain cat.
(b) A silver vase on a strip of peach-colored velvet.
(c) A framed photo of Marriott.
(d) A crystal bowl filled with potpourri.
5. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
(a) Six foot five inches tall and not wider than a beer truck.
(b) Wearing a grey sports coat with white golf ball buttons.
(c) Bald with thick black spectacles.
(d) In perpetual need of a shave.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, who tells Marlowe to leave Marriott's murder investigation to the police?
2. According to Jules Amthor, who is a natural medium?
3. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 39, where does Mrs. Grayle agree to meet Marlowe?
5. Whose office does Marlowe walk into at the beginning of Chapter 27?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)