|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 39, where does Mrs. Grayle agree to meet Marlowe?
(a) At the Montecito.
(b) At Marlowe's office.
(c) At the Royal Crown.
(d) At Marlowe's apartment.
2. In Chapter 38, where does Marlowe think Moose Malloy might be hiding?
(a) In the Grayle mansion.
(b) In Jules Amthor's house.
(c) At Mrs. Morrison's house.
(d) On the Montecito.
3. Who owns the Belvedere Club?
(a) Laird Burnette.
(b) Lindsay Marriott.
(c) Jules Amthor.
(d) Mr. Grayle.
4. In Chapter 34, why does Marlowe approach the hot dog vendor?
(a) For information about Laird Burnette's gambling boats.
(b) For information about Little Velma.
(c) To buy a couple of hot dogs.
(d) For information about Moose Malloy.
5. What is Sergeant Galbraith's response in Chapter 33 when Marlowe asks if there is a connection between Dr. Sonderborg and Jules Amthor?
(a) Amthor works for Sonderborg.
(b) Sonderborg works for Amthor.
(c) Both Amthor and Sonderborg work for Laird Brunette.
(d) There is no connection as the men don't know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 40, who turns out to be an international con man wanted by Scotland Yard?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Marlowe find three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
3. What does Sergeant Galbraith tell Marlowe in Chapter 33 that he thought Dr. Sonderborg was doing in his house?
4. Who pulls Marlowe's own gun on Marlowe in Chapter 22?
5. What does Mrs. Morrison say that Jessie Florian receives at the first of every month?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)