|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, whom does Moose Malloy demand to see at Florian's?
(a) A piano player named Dave.
(b) Mr. Montgomery, the night club's manager.
(c) A singer named Louise.
(d) A waiter named Ernest.
2. In what office did Marlowe once work?
(a) The police chief's office.
(b) The District Attorney's office.
(c) The IRS office.
(d) The governor's office.
3. What is Philip Marlowe's profession?
(a) He's an accountant.
(b) He's a private detective.
(c) He's a musician.
(d) He's a college professor.
4. Who has taken over the ownership and patronage of Florian's since Malloy's last visit there?
(a) An Italian gang.
(b) African Americans.
(c) An Irish gang.
(d) Malloy's ex-wife and her family.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Lindsay Marriott?
(a) A tall blond man.
(b) A fat man with curly hair.
(c) Wearing a white flannet suit and violet satin scarf.
(d) Wearing a cornflower in the lapel of his coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulls a small revolver on Marlowe in Chapter 17?
2. What does Anne Riordan suspect about the three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
3. What does Lindsay Mariott tell Marlowe was stolen from a wealthy lady friend of his a few days ago?
4. At the end of Chapter 18, where do Marlowe and Mrs. Grayle agree to meet at ten o'clock that night?
5. Whom does Moose Malloy toss out of Florian's in Chapter 1?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)