|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What voice does Marlowe hear at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) His own as he regains consciousness.
(c) Mrs. Grayle's.
(d) Lieutenant Nulty's.
2. From what job has Anne Riordan's father been fired?
(a) Butler at the Grayle mansion.
(b) Manager of the local bank.
(c) Chief of the Bay City police.
(d) Editor of The Chronicle.
3. What does Marlowe notice about the person waiting for him upon his return to his office in Chapter 20?
(a) The person's black eye.
(b) The person's bad smell.
(c) The revolver in the person's hand.
(d) The person's bloody face.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Jules Amthor?
(a) Deep, expressionless eyes.
(b) Overweight with a dark mustache.
(c) Skin as smooth as a rose petal.
(d) Pale, fine white hair and coal-black eyebrows.
5. How old is Anne Riordan?
(c) Twenty- eight.
(d) Thirty- five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the Russian cigarettes with the paper mouthpieces from Lindsay Marriott's dead body?
2. What is the one new piece of furniture in Jessie Florian's home?
3. Which of the following people does not meet Marlowe at the Grayle mansion in Chapter 18?
4. What is Marlowe wearing when he comes to at the beginning of Chapter 25?
5. For what crime was Malloy falsely accused and sent to prison?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)