|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Lindsay Marriott's dead body in Chapter 10?
(b) Lieutenant Randall.
(c) Anne Riordan.
(d) Lieutenant Nulty.
2. How much money do the thieves want as ransom for the stolen item?
(a) Eighty thousand dollars.
(b) Eight thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
3. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
(a) His friend James.
(b) His former girlfriend, Little Velma.
(c) His wife Susan.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Lindsay Mariott tell Marlowe was stolen from a wealthy lady friend of his a few days ago?
(a) A ruby pendant.
(b) A mink stole.
(c) A Fei Tsui jade necklace.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
5. What does Marlowe bathe his sore head with at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Iced water.
(d) Rubbing alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where does Marlowe find three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
2. How long has Malloy been in prison?
3. The thieves order Lindsay Marriott and his lady friend not to tell _________________about the theft.
4. To which policeman does Marlowe give his account of what happened to Marriott in Chapter 12?
5. Who took the Russian cigarettes with the paper mouthpieces from Lindsay Marriott's dead body?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)