|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the former owner of radio station KDFK in Beverly Hills?
(a) Laird Brunette.
(b) Mr. Grayle.
(c) Lindsay Marriott.
(d) Mrs. Grayle.
2. When Mrs. Morrison describes a recent male visitor to Jessie Florian's home, Marlowe thinks the visitor is ___________.
(a) Lindsay Marriott.
(b) Moose Malloy.
(c) Laird Burnett.
(d) Lieutenant Nulty.
3. What object does a woman point at Marlowe's stomach at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A knife.
(b) A syringe filled with poison.
(c) An antique sword.
(d) A gun.
4. What rests atop Lindsay Marriott's piano?
(a) A framed photo of Marriott.
(b) A white porcelain cat.
(c) A crystal bowl filled with potpourri.
(d) A silver vase on a strip of peach-colored velvet.
5. What does Malloy do to the bouncer at Florian's in Chapter 2?
(a) He fires the bouncer.
(b) He gives the bouncer a very small tip.
(c) He knocks the man out.
(d) He gives the bouncer a counterfeit twenty dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what job has Anne Riordan's father been fired?
2. What is the one new piece of furniture in Jessie Florian's home?
3. What does Marlowe bathe his sore head with at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. To what place do Marlowe and Marriott go to meet the thieves in Chapter 9?
5. What does Anne Riordan do for a living?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)